D

DeprivedofLife666

Any other childfree people on here?
Mar 28, 2022
Hi, hopefully someone can answer this since I can't rely on Google. If I went to a therapist and spilled my guts to my therapist (telling them all the awful things that my grandparents have and continue to put me through) and practically cry my eyes out and plead that I don't want to live with them anymore, can they help me get out? These people are horrible to me. I have been emotionally, verbally, physically, and mentally abused by them for years. I'm 31 and they put me on disability bc they didn't want to help me prepare for independence and refuse to let me get a job so I can get out of their house bc they want my SSI.

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: Rogue Proxy, waitingforrest, demuic and 2 others
Cathy Ames

Cathy Ames

Cautionary Tale
Mar 11, 2022
Possibly, yes, depending on where you live. Google "vulnerable adult" (with quotation marks around it) and see what (if anything) comes up. In the US there is variation from state to state as to how it is defined and whether there is mandatory reporting for certain professions.

Reactions: waitingforrest and demuic
N

noname223

Angelic
Aug 18, 2020
I would really suggest that you open up to a professional. Maybe there is also other further counselling in your country which could help you. I was abused by my parents as child/teenager. It really helped that I could open up to someone. Probably a support team would be very benefitial for you. But your first step should be to reach out for help. Do you have any friends who could help you? Maybe somewhere where you could possibly sleep?

When I was a teenager I had nobody with whom I could share my pain. It was relieving to find people who I could trust. Many adults ignored my abuse. Maybe you know someone in whom you can trust in addition to a professional.

When you have an appoinment with the professional you should ask him if he knows counselling for cases of this kind of abuse. It is really important to make this step. You are not alone with this torture. There are people out there who can help you. You just need the energy to find them. I think this is very important. You don't need to feel ashamed about it. I also was very ashamed to talk about it at first. Traumatas can be healed with therapy (or at least the pain from it can be alleviated). There is probably horrible pain inside of you due to these events.

I think in my country there a dedicated telephone hotlines when someone experiences abuse. Calling one could be helpful in order to gain more information how to escape this hell. I would search for such a hotline and try to get an appoinment with a professional. Moreover talking with friends about it could help.

I wish you a lot of strength for your next steps. Don't let anything discourage you from it. Even if it means work and needs energy it is worth it.

onlyanimalsaregood

onlyanimalsaregood

Unlovable 💔 Rest in peace CommitSudoku 🤍
Mar 11, 2022
You should talk to a lawyer too

D

DeprivedofLife666

Mar 28, 2022
Sadly I have no friends.

• Hugs
Reactions: Rogue Proxy and Cathy Ames
D

DeprivedofLife666

Mar 28, 2022
Thanks to everyone who has replied so far. If anyone is curious about me I'll introduce myself better in the Introduce Yourself thread, it might be a little long.

• Hugs
Reactions: Cathy Ames and waitingforrest
UpandDownPrincess

UpandDownPrincess

Elementalist
Dec 31, 2019
Hi, hopefully someone can answer this since I can't rely on Google. If I went to a therapist and spilled my guts to my therapist (telling them all the awful things that my grandparents have and continue to put me through) and practically cry my eyes out and plead that I don't want to live with them anymore, can they help me get out? These people are horrible to me. I have been emotionally, verbally, physically, and mentally abused by them for years. I'm 31 and they put me on disability bc they didn't want to help me prepare for independence and refuse to let me get a job so I can get out of their house bc they want my SSI.

Your therapist cannot do this for you. You need a social worker.

If you are in the US, you can call the office of elder abuse in your area. While you are not an "elder", they may handle all adult abuse claims or they can refer you to whomever can help.

Please do it right away.

If you cannot make calls from home, ask your therapist if you may call from his or her office.

You do not have to live like this.

• Love
Reactions: DeprivedofLife666