S

suicidal flapper

Student
Jul 15, 2023
I called a trans hotline just now because I had heard that this specific hotline doesn't have police intervention and was generally better than others. When I expressed my dysphoria over my shoulders and body I got told "most cis woman are trying to get wide shoulders too so you should be thankful" and "being trans makes you more attractive". I was also told that me being on HRT for the past two years and seeing no results is "nothing to worry about"

What?????? What cis women want men's shoulders??? Also no??? Most men don't want to date me. Society hates me. I have incredibly wide shoulders that make me look like a hunchback hulk from the back and hardly any dress around the shoulder fits well. I can fix everything about me EXCEPT THAT which has been the final nail in the coffin for me in my life.

I wish I could cry right now to let my steam out. I just want to talk to someone not be patronized and gaslit over something that's objectively horrible. I hung up. All it was going to do was make me feel worse and the way she laughed at times and had a casual demeanor disturbed me

Last edited:
  • Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: Sannti, HighFlight, suicidalgirl96 and 9 others
bluedream

bluedream

Sep 15, 2019
I feel. I hate when people hit me with "trans is beautiful/all bodies are beautiful" when i'm deep in my dysphoria/dysmorphia. like yeah, i appreciate the sentiment, but thats not what i need rn because i cant accept that about myself.

• Hugs
Reactions: EternalShore
EternalShore

EternalShore

Hardworking Lass who Dreams of Love~ 💕✨
Jun 9, 2023
yeah :((( People say things, but that it doesn't make it true! It just makes me paranoid of everyone because they're all dishonest liars! >_<

• Hugs
Reactions: whywere
U

Unending

Enlightened
Nov 5, 2022
I'm sorry that you had that experience. Hotlines can be really hit or miss.
I don't think that broad shoulders automatically equals manly on their own but I understand that these kind of things are not preferences that we would've chosen. Sometimes people just aren't so good at taking the listening position when they need to. It sounds like they minimized your problems quite a bit and that's definitely the last thing that someone calling a hotline needs.

• Hugs
Reactions: whywere
W

whywere

Visionary
Jun 26, 2020
you are a beautiful person. You have a wonderful spirit as it shines here just how loving and caring you are. Yes, a person will always run into jerks and folks with fake smiles, (patronizing type), but in the long run you will be not only the winner in life but also you will leave close mined fools in the past and you will have a wonderful future.

I have, in my 67 years here, had so many experiences like yours, where I was in my words stabbed in the back with people patronizing me and now I look at them and guess what they are still doing the same old stuff.

You are awesome period.

Lots of huge hugs, love caring vibes and well wishes to you, my great friend.

You are so darn wonderful, and never let the two-faced turkeys get to you.

Walter

Reactions: ThisUnrest and Unending
S

suicidal flapper

Student
Jul 15, 2023
you are a beautiful person. You have a wonderful spirit as it shines here just how loving and caring you are. Yes, a person will always run into jerks and folks with fake smiles, (patronizing type), but in the long run you will be not only the winner in life but also you will leave close mined fools in the past and you will have a wonderful future.

I have, in my 67 years here, had so many experiences like yours, where I was in my words stabbed in the back with people patronizing me and now I look at them and guess what they are still doing the same old stuff.

You are awesome period.

Lots of huge hugs, love caring vibes and well wishes to you, my great friend.

You are so darn wonderful, and never let the two-faced turkeys get to you.

Walter
I appreciate the sentiment though I don't have much of a future really. Also I'm sorry you had the same crap done to you. It very much so is still active unfortunately and probably won't any time soon

However your reply did make me slightly calm down so thank you ❤️

• Love
Reactions: deletedsnake and whywere