sserafim

sserafim

brighter than the sun, that’s just me
Sep 13, 2023
There was a guy on the news a few years ago who died after drinking a number of caffeinated drinks in succession. You can find what exactly he drank from Google or something. Do you think this would be a viable way to ctb (by replicating what he did)?

Last edited:
Reactions: Rocinante
TheGoodGuy

TheGoodGuy

Visionary
Aug 27, 2018
Well it can work although I think dying on stimulants must be a horrible way to die i´d prefer opiates if I could choose.

Reactions: sserafim
dazed_dreamer

dazed_dreamer

at the end of everything, hold on to anything
Sep 21, 2023
I've thought about this too, maybe ordering a bunch of strong caffeine powder and taking an ungodly dose. But I've heard it's unreliable and painful. I think I actually looked up threads on here about it?

T

TransientEternal

Student
Sep 24, 2023
Heard long ago that it's not viable. Don't remember why, but I think it has something to do with it being painful and taking a long time? If it results in death in a short amount of time I'll probably try it, but otherwise the pain and risks aren't worth it. If you find information telling otherwise, please tell.

sserafim

sserafim

Sep 13, 2023
I've thought about this too, maybe ordering a bunch of strong caffeine powder and taking an ungodly dose. But I've heard it's unreliable and painful. I think I actually looked up threads on here about it?
Unfortunately pure caffeine powder is banned here in the US so I was thinking of doing what this guy did instead…

dazed_dreamer

dazed_dreamer

Sep 21, 2023
Unfortunately pure caffeine powder is banned here in the US so I was thinking of doing what this guy did instead…
Really?? I'm also in the US, I didn't realize...
In that case, I'd definitely not do it. I don't even know if it's possible to chug enough drinks in one go for it to possibly be deadly, or at least a massive gamble.

sserafim

sserafim

Sep 13, 2023
Really?? I'm also in the US, I didn't realize...
In that case, I'd definitely not do it. I don't even know if it's possible to chug enough drinks in one go for it to possibly be deadly, or at least a massive gamble.
He only drank 3 things though…they were enough to cause an arrhythmia

dazed_dreamer

dazed_dreamer

Sep 21, 2023
He only drank 3 things though…they were enough to cause an arrhythmia
Was it this one by chance?
This is really interesting. I used to be a caffeine addict, I've legit had more caffeine than this in that time frame just to get through study sessions lmao.
This is definitely a fringe scenario, most people wouldn't be close to death's door with that, maybe some heart palpitations and anxiety at worst. I have a hard time believing there wasn't some underlying condition or compounding factors at play.

sserafim

sserafim

Sep 13, 2023
Was it this one by chance?
This is really interesting. I used to be a caffeine addict, I've legit had more caffeine than this in that time frame just to get through study sessions lmao.
This is definitely a fringe scenario, most people wouldn't be close to death's door with that, maybe some heart palpitations and anxiety at worst. I have a hard time believing there wasn't some underlying condition or compounding factors at play.
Yeah it was. I think it was the energy drink that caused it, but they don't know which one he drank (or maybe they purposely withheld the info). I'm pretty sure they said he had no underlying conditions though. I'm also a caffeine addict and I drink a lot of caffeine as well (within a short timeframe too, not energy drinks though) but I heard that energy drinks have resulted in many deaths…

Last edited:
Reactions: Rocinante and Lys_C15H25N3O_d3
Lys_C15H25N3O_d3

Lys_C15H25N3O_d3

Student
Sep 19, 2023
many many many years ago i heard that concentrated doses of caffeine can die and are untraceable ... but it must be a hell of headache heartache

catch is, to extract requires a .. some lab stuff EDIT but in the case of the boy , he mixed a lot of stuff. im saying about extracting it

"While caffeine is generally thought to be safe in moderate amounts (i.e., ≤ 400 mg per day) in healthy adults [13], it is clearly not an innocuous compound and can cause significant toxicity and even lethality (i.e., most commonly via myocardial infarction or arrhythmia) if sufficient quantities are consumed [13,14]. Some sensitive individuals may also experience toxicity and lethality at doses not normally associated with such outcomes "

A lot of kids are dying mixing stuff with energy drinks... ( what else stronger than vodka and pills i think???)

Last edited: