• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

M

Moonomyth

Student
Feb 6, 2020
I don't expect this to be a useful or replicable method. I am only putting my own thoughts out here on this.

I am going to be attending a counterprotest this weekend, opposing people who may, if provoked, easily be driven to lethal violence. I don't want to get into the particulars of whom or how to avoid a derailing into a political discussion, but suffice it to say it is possible that if I said the right thing to the wrong person I could get beaten into a coma or shot.

It's pretty appealing right now because it looks like checking out in a brave and moral but it's actually quite gutless: I've chosen not to control the moment and see where things play out, which is why I've avoided cleaner and more peaceful methods discussed here since they require too much preparation and possibility of discovery. Here I just have to let things happen and hope they play out a certain way.

Maybe I'll lose my nerve. Probably I will. But given the charged nature of the meeting, I may not even have to say anything to anyone at all. Somebody else could trigger a conflict and I can enjoy the prospect of getting caught up in the reaction.

If I can't do it I'll reply here when it's over.

AloneInCollege

AloneInCollege

The one and only
Mar 7, 2022
Trying to escalate an already heated face off between protesters could also get a lot of other people hurt though. I'm not sure if this is the safest or most reliable method.

Reactions: SosoruzeDosukoi, LifeHasNoOptIn and Lost in a Dream
M

Moonomyth

Student
Feb 6, 2020
I have never felt much regard for the safety of others. If the opportunity occurred because somebody ahead of me skidded out on the road at high speed, and I had the presence of mind in the moment, I would lean into the accident. The passengers in both vehicles are immaterial. So too here.

• Wow
Reactions: NobodyKnowsMe
WorthlessTrash

WorthlessTrash

Worthless
Apr 19, 2022
Based.

Think SN is better, though.

Reactions: Moonomyth
Manaaja

Manaaja

euROPE
Sep 10, 2018
That's one of the most unique methods I've heard of, almost beats the "I'm a Christian and I'll travel to a foreign country and die as a martyr while defending and spreading Christianity" plan of that one user.

It sounds like you live in a country where people can easily get weapons, couldn't you get a weapon yourself? Or is this more about "I cannot pull the trigger myself"?

Anyway, even if you get shot or beaten, that doesn't mean you'll die. For example, you might get shot in the leg or only lose a finger.

I think it's a bad idea and I don't recommend it, though I can understand that dying by another person's hand can be a lot easier than killing yourself by yourself. Mentally, it's much easier to get shot than to shoot yourself. Whether you die or not is less dependent on your survival instinct in that case.

Reactions: Cathy Ames
M

Moonomyth

Student
Feb 6, 2020
Easily accessible is not the same as cheaply accessible. It would cost me at least several hundred dollars to buy a gun, but getting shot by somebody else is free.

Maybe it won't work, and I said as much in my initial post. If nothing else, it can harden me for the next attempt.

S

Seeking_Peace

Arcanist
May 18, 2022
Wearing enemy gang colors in the wrong neighborhood would be a lot more efficient than hoping for a mob beat down. Most people can't shoot well, probably get hit in the back and paralyzed in the mob mayhem.

Reactions: NobodyKnowsMe, AloneInCollege and WorthlessTrash
M

Moonomyth

Student
Feb 6, 2020
That is also true of gang colors in the wrong neighborhood, unless gangs have been improving training regimens since the 90s-era heyday from whence this opinion came.

Edit: I would accept paralysis, to be clear. Good leadup of suffering on that.

Last edited:
WorthlessTrash

WorthlessTrash

Worthless
Apr 19, 2022
That is also true of gang colors in the wrong neighborhood, unless gangs have been improving training regimens since the 90s-era heyday from whence this opinion came.

Edit: I would accept paralysis, to be clear. Good leadup of suffering on that.
You would still be suffering and your freedom would be even more limited while your current problems still here. Idk how that'd be a step up.

Reactions: Cathy Ames
M

Moonomyth

Student
Feb 6, 2020
It would hurt the people I want to see hurt to see me that way, while also actually resolving a lot of my current problems. While I'd rather be dead, paralysis would be a very good consolation prize.

• Aww..
  • Informative
Reactions: NobodyKnowsMe and Cathy Ames
Cathy Ames

Cathy Ames

Cautionary Tale
Mar 11, 2022
I don't expect this to be a useful or replicable method. I am only putting my own thoughts out here on this.

I am going to be attending a counterprotest this weekend, opposing people who may, if provoked, easily be driven to lethal violence. I don't want to get into the particulars of whom or how to avoid a derailing into a political discussion, but suffice it to say it is possible that if I said the right thing to the wrong person I could get beaten into a coma or shot.

It's pretty appealing right now because it looks like checking out in a brave and moral but it's actually quite gutless: I've chosen not to control the moment and see where things play out, which is why I've avoided cleaner and more peaceful methods discussed here since they require too much preparation and possibility of discovery. Here I just have to let things happen and hope they play out a certain way.

Maybe I'll lose my nerve. Probably I will. But given the charged nature of the meeting, I may not even have to say anything to anyone at all. Somebody else could trigger a conflict and I can enjoy the prospect of getting caught up in the reaction.

If I can't do it I'll reply here when it's over.
I take it you will be fine with it if you end up surviving but disabled (for example due to severe head trauma) and with a huge hospital bill to pay off if in the U.S.?
I take it you will be fine with it if you end up surviving but disabled (for example due to severe head trauma) and with a huge hospital bill to pay off if in the U.S.?
Never mind. Apparently you would be.

M

Moonomyth

Student
Feb 6, 2020
Seems like a useful way to push the financial burden on other people while winding up institutionalized on their dime, or die homeless in such an altered state of consciousness that I wouldn't know the difference.

All of these outcomes kill the me that wants to die.

N

Natty

Student
Jul 27, 2020
Suicide by enlightened centrism is a new one.

What a dumb thread.

• Yay!
Reactions: NobodyKnowsMe, armadillydally, Lebensunwertes and 3 others
M

Moonomyth

Student
Feb 6, 2020
What a disappointment. Everything shaped as it ought to have, being outnumbered against a larger, angrier, and more heavily armed crowd. Went out of my way to provoke them with the specific thing that would cause them to become extremely violent, and nothing. Everybody held their damn ground. Guess the rage was all rhetoric.

armadillydally

armadillydally

playing dead
May 25, 2022
I'll bite... what was the protest about?

M

Moonomyth

Student
Feb 6, 2020
For privacy reasons I can't say much because it would be too easy to identify. Suffice it to say it was American and to do with recent conflicts over trans rights.

Reactions: armadillydally