iDontKnowWhat

iDontKnowWhat

Oct 12, 2023
I ask this because I'm leaving this Monday morning and I want to delete everything on Sunday night so that the professionals who, most likely, will search my computer and cell phone for evidence of what led me to suicide, etc. So, for the security of the site I will delete the account and all threads and private chats, everything. Does anyone know if I delete my account the threads and private conversations are deleted too? I will also delete the email I use on this site.

Reactions: noname123
chocosyrup

chocosyrup

disillusioned
Nov 3, 2023
I've got no clue about the conversations but I would recommend also disposing of your hard drive and also destroying your phone before you go if you're concerned about the feds checking your stuff.

Reactions: voyager, iDontKnowWhat and konosaja
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
No, but there is the option to leave all private conversations so that they disappear from the account. If you wish to remove content on the main forum that is too old to delete yourself then there is the option to report it.

Reactions: voyager, iDontKnowWhat and RainAndSadness
P

Praestat_Mori

Mori praestat, quam haec pati!
May 21, 2023
it's better to remove all evidence on your local devices and use a destructional format so no data can be recovered from ur devicees even not with forensic software. After deleting your account here all your threads and posts will be preserved here, just no login is possible anymore. Well if your username is unknown to anyone and can't be found on your devices then that's ok, too.

Reactions: ClownWorld2023 and voyager
voyager

voyager

Don't you dare go hollow...
Nov 25, 2019
Yeah, if you're not entirely sure of what you're doing, actual physical destruction, as in smashing it to smithereens is most effective.
If you wish to remove content on the main forum that is too old to delete yourself then there is the option to report it.
Interesting, hadn't thought of that. But surely that goes only for the person's messages and not the entire thread, I hope, since it might be an ongoing discussion of several people?

FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
Interesting, hadn't thought of that. But surely that goes only for the person's messages and not the entire thread, I hope, since it might be an ongoing discussion of several people?
If someone just wants to remove their own post on a thread they didn't start then requesting to by reporting wouldn't delete the thread, just their post in it. But if someone wants to delete their own thread that way then the whole thread would disappear.

Reactions: voyager
voyager

voyager

Don't you dare go hollow...
Nov 25, 2019
If someone just wants to remove their own post on a thread they didn't start then requesting to by reporting wouldn't delete the thread, just their post in it. But if someone wants to delete their own thread that way then the whole thread would disappear.
Thanks, FC. That's a bit much though, no? The thread could be huge and interesting discussion. Perhaps the original author could be made into a guest instead to shroud it's origin or something.