G

GrantMyWish

Aug 3, 2019
Is it possible to get sn in japan?i would like to spend my remaining days in this beautiful country and die there.it is not possible to get sn in my country

Last edited:
Reactions: Bagger, vonvonwantpeace and Baskol1
ralphnol

ralphnol

Aug 25, 2019
I dont know but I´d like help to get in my country too. Must be nice to end it all in Japan. I would've like to have gone there once.

Reactions: Painted Bird, Baskol1 and Astral316
J

JWL

Arcanist
Jan 15, 2019
I dont know but I´d like help to get in my country too. Must be nice to end it all in Japan. I would've like to have gone there once.

That's daft! If you've never been there how on earth can you peg it as place to end it all. For goodness sake, keep some reality, folks!!

Reactions: Baskol1
G

GrantMyWish

Aug 3, 2019
That's daft! If you've never been there how on earth can you peg it as place to end it all. For goodness sake, keep some reality, folks!!
I have been to japan before

BipolarExpat

BipolarExpat

Accomplished faker
May 30, 2019

I think it's quite common to have affinity for locations one hasn't been to...

With maps, pics, vids, movies, docus, music, immigrants, google street & other forms of exposure...yeah. You can get a very good feel for a place w/o visiting.

Reactions: Painted Bird and Baskol1
J

JWL

Arcanist
Jan 15, 2019

With maps, pics, vids, movies, docus, music, immigrants, google street & other forms of exposure...yeah. You can get a very good feel for a place w/o visiting.

Yes and no. Mostly no. But it's just my opinion, of course.

I've studied languages and cultures over the years but only REALLY knew the country, people, language, culture, food, etc. when I could live or stay long term. Anything before that was pretty much textbook knowing. Not that there's anything wrong with that, but when you use it as a basis for saying "Ooooo, I love xxxxx country, I wanna live there" it becomes a bid daft. And Japan, with its manga and popular culture, is a prime example of "I love manga, so I love Japan, I wanna live there, it sounds like paradise."
I have been to japan before

My comment was for Ralphnol.

Reactions: woxihuanni and Baskol1
F

Frank

Aug 22, 2019
Yes and no. Mostly no. But it's just my opinion, of course.

I've studied languages and cultures over the years but only REALLY knew the country, people, language, culture, food, etc. when I could live or stay long term. Anything before that was pretty much textbook knowing. Not that there's anything wrong with that, but when you use it as a basis for saying "Ooooo, I love xxxxx country, I wanna live there" it becomes a bid daft. And Japan, with its manga and popular culture, is a prime example of "I love manga, so I love Japan, I wanna live there, it sounds like paradise."

Sumimasen, my comment was for Ralphnol.
Maybe he just likes the scenery. I get the "I wanna live there" crap is stupid but what's wrong with ending it in a beautiful place

Reactions: JWL and Baskol1
J

JWL

Arcanist
Jan 15, 2019

Affinity, absolutely. But that's different from thinking of a country you don't know at all or well as the paradise ctb location. It's just ridiculous. Try finding a quiet ctb spot in Shibuya!
Maybe he just likes the scenery. I get the "I wanna live there" crap is stupid but what's wrong with ending it in a beautiful place

That's my point. If you don't KNOW the place/country, how can you say 'in a beautiful place'. It's fantasy. Nothing wrong with fantasy, as long as it's not projected as reality.

BipolarExpat

BipolarExpat

Accomplished faker
May 30, 2019
Must be nice to end it all in Japan. I would've like to have gone there once.

From that ^ to: "paradise ctb location" (?)
Pretty big leap.

But I don't wanna' argue or debate, ralphnol. It's nice to see another well-traveled poster. :)

Can we agree to disagree?

I've never been to Greenland, Iceland or Norway but...for some odd reason...they look like decent places to fade away.

Reactions: Baskol1 and JWL
J

JWL

Arcanist
Jan 15, 2019
Pretty big leap.

But I don't wanna' argue or debate, ralphnol. It's nice to see another well-traveled poster. :)

I've never been to Greenland, Iceland or Norway but...for some odd reason...they look like decent places to fade away.

Sorry Bipolar Expat for being so grumpy and cynical. :-) I've spent a lifetime in foreign languages and countries and know from experience the gap between fantasy and reality.

I see your point. I'm attracted to many countries I've never yet visited (and now hardly likely to) I'd love to see Greenland before Trump buys it, Iceland sounds nice, and Norway looks great, bar the cost of living.

Reactions: Baskol1 and BipolarExpat
memento_mori

memento_mori

Student
Mar 28, 2019
I once messaged someone here about getting antiemetics in Japan
Apparently they aren't available in local drug stores, you'll need prescription or some places only sell to locals
So you probably need to bring along your own antiemetics
As for acid reducers should be easy to get something there

G

GrantMyWish

Aug 3, 2019
No one is anwsering my question...zzz

J

JWL

Arcanist
Jan 15, 2019
No one is anwsering my question...zzz

Japan is about the strictest country in the world for drugs and related escapisms, as is well known.

Do you speak Japanese or have contacts in Japan? You say you've 'been there' but what does that mean? If it was long term I'd assume you'd have a bit more knowledge about how things work there and also have contacts.

If your answer's 'yes' why ask here, and if your answer's 'no' I don't see the point of asking, since you're not going to get any exit substance as a stranger to Japan.
I once messaged someone here about getting antiemetics in Japan
Apparently they aren't available in local drug stores, you'll need prescription or some places only sell to locals
So you probably need to bring along your own antiemetics
As for acid reducers should be easy to get something there

Do you speak Japanese?

Yes = good luck
No = choose a different fantasy.

Last edited:
ralphnol

ralphnol

Aug 25, 2019

I didnt say that. I was being supportive of OP. And I wish I could visit before I go. Calm down.
Pretty big leap.

I just wanted to support OP. I never said it was a "paradise to die", I was being supportive of OP. What is going on here.

Reactions: heysayjump and Baskol1
G

GrantMyWish

Aug 3, 2019
Japan is about the strictest country in the world for drugs and related escapisms, as is well known.

Do you speak Japanese or have contacts in Japan? You say you've 'been there' but what does that mean? If it was long term I'd assume you'd have a bit more knowledge about how things work there and also have contacts.

If your answer's 'yes' why ask here, and if your answer's 'no' I don't see the point of asking, since you're not going to get any exit substance as a stranger to Japan.

Do you speak Japanese?

Yes = good luck
So the answer is no.then thankyou

memento_mori

memento_mori

Student
Mar 28, 2019

Do you speak Japanese?

Yes = good luck
I don't know what kind of fantasy you are referring to, I was just traveling to Japan at that time and was just wondering if I could get antiemetics there so I asked another friendly user here, just relaying what I was told to OP.
Darn now you got me crying after reading that
Fantasy... I haven't been in a good enough mental state to fantasize anything for a long time.

Last edited:
J

JWL

Arcanist
Jan 15, 2019
I don't know what kind of fantasy you are referring to, I was just traveling to Japan at that time and was just wondering if I could get antiemetics there so I asked another friendly user here, just relaying what I was told to OP.
Darn now you got me crying after reading that
Fantasy... I haven't been in a good enough mental state to fantasize anything for a long time.

Please, don't do the "I'm sensitive so don't express different ideas and opinions..."! We ALL share fairly precarious mental states and it's not a rod to push others into not expressing honest views.

I WAS just being honest and have quite some experience of Japan, so I think I have some idea what I'm talking about. Jesus, you can't even import/use a Vic inhaler or Sinutab into/in Japan, so good luck with ctb stuff.

It's a VERY common and funny (to ex-pats) theme that young people fall in love with Japan's manga and popular culture and have exaggerated dreams that Japan is like an anime movie or manga. It's not. It's great, but it's not Disneyland.

I might come across as harsh, but honestly I just get quite frustrated at the total lack of reality in some posts. I can't work that way. I'm well past my teens, so maybe it's a grumpy old git thing.

memento_mori

memento_mori

Student
Mar 28, 2019
I travel to Japan very often, wasn't intending to ctb or anything there. Been there too many times to have dreams about there. Was just letting op know it's hard to get hold of stuff.

Guess that word was a trigger for me coz Ive been crying and shaking for the past half an hour. Didn't realize my mental state was that bad

J

JWL

Arcanist
Jan 15, 2019
I travel to Japan very often, wasn't intending to ctb or anything there. Been there too many times to have dreams about there. Was just letting op know it's hard to get hold of stuff.

Guess that word was a trigger for me coz Ive been crying and shaking for the past half an hour. Didn't realize my mental state was that bad

OK. In that case you don't need me to be telling you how things are there. Apologies.

I can't imagine crying and shaking for half an hour over just one word. Unless it's Brexit, lol.

Honto ni sumimasen....Gambatte, nee...