N

NoPoint2Life

Why is this so hard?
Aug 31, 2024
This morning I bought my first Christmas gift for this upcoming holiday. It's like admitting I know I'm going to still be here at that time when it's the last thing I want. It's depressing.But I have become especially discouraged that I will ever be able to actually ctb the last day or so (see my "jumping " post from this morning) that my planner mode has kicked in and I started worrying about Christmas gifts. Anyone else having A hard time with a similar issue? It doesn't have to be Christmas.

Reactions: Let Me Go
T

TennTrixie

Aug 31, 2024
I understand how you feel. I plan to CTB after the first of the year to spare my family dealing with it over the holidays. I plan to have a "normal" holiday season, including buying gifts and then CTB after that. It's hard to act like everything is normal and fine, but I will be attempting it. If will also give me time to get my affairs in order so that they have less to deal with after I'm gone.

Reactions: NoPoint2Life and Let Me Go
L

Let Me Go

Jan 12, 2024
Kudos to OP for gift shopping so early! For me I always wait till last minute so this season I wanna be done shopping by first week of Dec.

Not looking forward to the holiday season but I'll try to go through the motions as best I can and pretend to be 'normal.' Yes it feels depressing to have to go through this but I'm trying to spare my family while getting my ducks in a row before the final act.

Reactions: NoPoint2Life
T

TennTrixie

Aug 31, 2024
Kudos to OP for gift shopping so early! For me I always wait till last minute so this season I wanna be done shopping by first week of Dec.

Not looking forward to the holiday season but I'll try to go through the motions as best I can and pretend to be 'normal.' Yes it feels depressing to have to go through this but I'm trying to spare my family while getting my ducks in a row before the final act.
This is exactly how I feel.

• Hugs
willitpass

willitpass

Don’t try to offer me help, I’ve tried everything
Mar 10, 2020
I'll be leaving on Sunday. I've considered buying Christmas gifts to leave behind. I don't have much time or money though. I've always been one to be very thoughtful and planned out with Christmas gifts to ensure it's something personable but also something they actually want/need. I prefer to hand make gifts when possible. I wouldn't have enough time or money to get meaningful gifts. I sure as hell don't have the energy to make anything.

N

NoPoint2Life

Why is this so hard?
Aug 31, 2024
I'll be leaving on Sunday. I've considered buying Christmas gifts to leave behind. I don't have much time or money though. I've always been one to be very thoughtful and planned out with Christmas gifts to ensure it's something personable but also something they actually want/need. I prefer to hand make gifts when possible. I wouldn't have enough time or money to get meaningful gifts. I sure as hell don't have the energy to make anything
I have been following your journey the last few weeks. I admire how strong you are. Even you thinking about Christmas gifts shows what a great person you are. I was just thinking earlier today It is going to be so weird Not seeing your updates after next week. I wish you the best of luck.