• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

V

VanHeineken

Experienced
Apr 10, 2018
Have you ever bought a rope, or do you have any experience with buying or selling rope?

The reason why I ask is because I am planning to buy a rope and I'm worried about any questions or raised eyebrows by the shop keeper? Will they ask for the reason why I'm buying the rope? Or any other questions?

My guess is probably not, but I just want to be sure. Any information about this will be most welcome:-)

F

FakeNews

Student
Apr 30, 2018
https://sanctioned-suicide.net/threads/what-kind-of-rope.237/

Reactions: Jrmull1993 and MiserableBastard1995
hamilton_fangirl129

hamilton_fangirl129

May 21, 2018
I am asking the same question. Also, how thick does the rope have to be?

Lil L

Lil L

May 7, 2018
I bought my rope 7 years ago and it was uncomfortable, but the shop keeper didn't ask anything. Even if it crosses his/her mind that maybe you're going to hang yourself, you can't do anything about it, he can think whatever he wants and if the shop keeper notices you while choosing between the ropes and maybe comes to you and ask you if he could help you somehow, you can come up with some story. For example you may say you need a rope to set up the tire swing in your backyard.

R

Romanov1947

Mar 23, 2018
My experience asking for a rope was somewhat uncomfortable. I walked in with confidence but soon my emotions started affecting my voice. The other time the shopkeeper explicitly asked why I needed the rope but in a casual manner. I told him I was going to build a DIY crossbow and showed him some pics of it in progress (I did actually build one a couple months prior). I think you are better off just ordering it online if you can.

Deathcards

Deathcards

May 11, 2018
I've read it has to be thick and braided. About 10mm-12mm (about an inch) and it shouldn't stretch like a para-cord would.

Jrmull1993

Jrmull1993

Warlock
Jul 13, 2022
Based on my experience with the Volunteer Fire Department, kernmantle rope is most likely a good choice. It's extremely rugged, espically to shock loads, doesn't stretch, and easy to tie slipknots with.