• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

oldfritos

oldfritos

BPDeez nutz
Jun 9, 2023
So I'm mainly thinking of having a bridge be my method of CTB but I would like to have a backup plan, a gun sounds fairly easy to get and do, so I'm thinking it would/should be that. I, however, have had a medical marijuana for 2 years, and I actually just renewed it for my third year, so I would have to wait a little over a year to be able to buy a gun cause I know you can't get one while your medical mj is active, but I remember reading somewhere that once your membership expires you are able to buy a gun, I just wanna know if anyone can confirm or deny that or knows what would happen if I tried to buy a gun once my permit expires. I also have been hospitalized twice, my first one was definitely voluntary, and my second one I was told that by signing something it would be voluntary, which I did, so I'm assuming that those are both volunary and won't bring up any issues in my history for buying a gun, but can anyone say anything to having been hospitalized voluntarily and trying to buy a gun? Thanks!

N

NambaSutra

Student
Mar 25, 2023
Buying a gun in most states is fairly easy. You just go to a store, fill out the ATF application and it is either approved or rejected. If it is approved you get the gun. If it isn't you don't get the gun but nothing else "happens", like they don't call the cops or anything.

I have heard weed is a disqualifying factor but I guess it depends on whether your in a database that the application checks.

Some states have other laws so I can't speak to your exact situation.

oldfritos

oldfritos

BPDeez nutz
Jun 9, 2023
Buying a gun in most states is fairly easy. You just go to a store, fill out the ATF application and it is either approved or rejected. If it is approved you get the gun. If it isn't you don't get the gun but nothing else "happens", like they don't call the cops or anything.

I have heard weed is a disqualifying factor but I guess it depends on whether your in a database that the application checks.

Some states have other laws so I can't speak to your exact situation.
ok hm, I guess when the times comes I'll have to try... if I make it that long LOL, but what I've read from google it's okay in my state, but can't hurt to try I guess. Thank you very much!

Zulu

Zulu

Aug 10, 2022
There's a specific question on the federal background check form (ATF 4473) that asks if you do certain drugs, and it specifically outlines marijuana as a disqualifier, even if it's legalized in your state and is used for medicinal purposes.

Voluntary commitment to a mental institution isn't a disqualifier, but it can turn into an involuntary one in some cases without you being aware. It's a gray area, but if it's ever noted on your record as being involuntary and that information is fed to NICS, you won't be able to buy a firearm.

Should also go without saying that you don't want to lie on the 4473 contrary to whatever NICS has on you as that can be criminally punishable.

Reactions: lifeisbutadream
L

lifeisbutadream

Wizard
Oct 4, 2018
There's a specific question on the federal background check form (ATF 4473) that asks if you do certain drugs, and it specifically outlines marijuana as a disqualifier, even if it's legalized in your state and is used for medicinal purposes.

View attachment 115804

Voluntary commitment to a mental institution isn't a disqualifier, but it can turn into an involuntary one in some cases without you being aware. It's a gray area, but if it's ever noted on your record as being involuntary and that information is fed to NICS, you won't be able to buy a firearm.

Should also go without saying that you don't want to lie on the 4473 contrary to whatever NICS has on you as that can be criminally punishable.

That is correct, unless, of course, your name is Hunter Biden.

I do not know if they have access to legal medical marijuana records.