P

psp3000

Enlightened
May 20, 2023
what insects or bugs do you like ?

(sorry if some of these aren't technically bugs or insects I am not an expert/ I do not know much about this interest)

I like moths, millipedes, centipedes, and isopods although I prefer to only view some of this list from a distance

I like millipedes and centipedes because of the centipede woman from Inuyasha I thought her design was very cool when I first watched the series although

I only like centipedes from a distance because their legs and pincers are intimidating to me

I like isopods because they remind me of the huge insect like creatures from Nausicaa of The Valley of The Wind

I also like cicadas especially the ones with cool colours like the Rainbow Cicada and another big I saw recently with cool alien like colours that I don't hear about often is the Metallic Stick Bug/Insect

also I enjoy Roly Pollies because they look like jewelry sometimes and they are so small and kind of funny when they accidentally flip over

there are a few more I like but I do not want this post to end up being too long

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Rocinante, cgrtt.brns, Praestat_Mori and 4 others
C

Crono

-
Jun 1, 2023
Ants
Pbs Nature Study GIF by Nature on PBS

🐜🐜🐜🐜🐜🐜

• Hugs
  • Wow
Reactions: Rocinante, ctvunny, EternalShore and 2 others
P

psp3000

Enlightened
May 20, 2023
do you watch the AntsCanada YouTube channel ?

I haven't watched the channel in forever but this gif reminded me of it because there are usually close up shots of the ants in the videos in the terrarium

• Hugs
Reactions: Crono
C

Crono

-
Jun 1, 2023
do you watch the AntsCanada YouTube channel ?

I haven't watched the channel in forever but this gif reminded me of it because there are usually close up shots of the ants in the videos in the terrarium
I don't follow specific channels but I watch random videos from several different channels, about ants and other insects and other animals too. I just looked at this channel and it looks interesting.

Reactions: psp3000
Pluto

Pluto

Meowing to go out
Dec 27, 2020
  • Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: ctvunny, cgrtt.brns, Praestat_Mori and 1 other person
vanillamilk

vanillamilk

nauseatingly miserable beyond repair
Nov 30, 2023
i think worms are cute

Reactions: cgrtt.brns, Praestat_Mori and psp3000
P

psp3000

Enlightened
May 20, 2023
i think worms are cute
I think iridescent worms and blood worms are pretty neat (I think the blood worms defense mechanism is very cool and sci-fi like)

reminds me of how in elementary my friend and I looked for worms either during recess or during pick up (because they all appeared after the rain) so then we could keep them as pets for some reason

also makes me wonder if those worm vending machines are still around and reminds me of the well known book/film How to Eat Fried Worms

edit: also really like inch worms I wonder where they are all hiding these days when I was younger they were everywhere

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: vanillamilk
F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
I'm scared of milipeeds/centipeeds. I just find all those legs disturbing. Kind of weird though because I don't mind caterpillars. There are some centipeeds big enough to take down bats! 😬.

I like bees. I like how hard working they are. Same goes for leaf cutter ants. Butterflies are so pretty and it makes any place look like a fairytale somehow when they flit about. I agree though- insects are fascinating. Even the ones that frighten me.

• Love
Reactions: psp3000 and Praestat_Mori
cgrtt.brns

cgrtt.brns

wandering ghost (he/him)
Apr 19, 2023
i love all insects so much, i always stop and say hello to them when i see them and take some pictures. i would list all the ones i like but im pretty sure id just list every single one lol. the latest one i took a picture of is what i believe is a female parent bug, a type of shield bug. i found her on my jacket inside, i have no idea where she came from or how long shed been on my jacket but i took her outside and left her in the sun to warm up as she was really slow.

• Love
Reactions: Rogue Proxy, Praestat_Mori, Crono and 2 others
P

psp3000

Enlightened
May 20, 2023
I'm scared of milipeeds/centipeeds. I just find all those legs disturbing. Kind of weird though because I don't mind caterpillars. There are some centipeeds big enough to take down bats! 😬.

I like bees. I like how hard working they are. Same goes for leaf cutter ants. Butterflies are so pretty and it makes any place look like a fairytale somehow when they flit about. I agree though- insects are fascinating. Even the ones that frighten me.
yeah the legs can be very scary in centipedes to me
to be specific the centipedes of the Asian variety or the ones commonly found in jungles or in the wild with all the alien like colours although they are very cool looking

I like the furry caterpillars
too bad they (some of them) are dangerous or poisonous or something
I don't understand why nature would make something dangerous look that way/look cute

I love bees too they are so cute and very helpful

do you have a favourite species of butterfly ? I like the yellow Swallow Tail ones or whatever they are called and also the big one with black wings with accents of blue and red
and I love staring at the diagrams and displays of collected moths and butterflies as well
makes me think that I should invest in a butterfly bush
i love all insects so much, i always stop and say hello to them when i see them and take some pictures. i would list all the ones i like but im pretty sure id just list every single one lol. the latest one i took a picture of is what i believe is a female parent bug, a type of shield bug. i found her on my jacket inside, i have no idea where she came from or how long shed been on my jacket but i took her outside and left her in the sun to warm up as she was really slow.
that is a cool bug the colour scheme reminds me of Bionicle for some reason or either a nice tortoise shell pattern

and you mentioning that you say hello to them reminds me of these videos that I watched recently I think you will enjoy them

silly yellow bug

bug waving hi

and also this person that goes into the woods to flip over rocks to look at all of the insects and random creatures

Tim in The Wild

Last edited:
  • Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: cgrtt.brns, Praestat_Mori and Forever Sleep
F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
I think maybe the tortoiseshell butterfly is the most exotic I've seen where I live. Beautiful. I love those butterfly farms I guess you would call them. The iridescent blue ones are probably my favourite there but they're all beautiful really. Hard to judge whether those places are cruel. They maybe don't realise they are in captivity. I hope not.

I have a few budleja bushes (butterfly bushes) in my garden. I didn't plant them, they just sewed themselves. They grow very easily and quickly where I live. Most people consider them weeds I think.

I did have bumblebees nesting once in the walls that initially scared the life out of me but then, I grew to like the idea. Trouble is- the hole was big enough to let mice in too- so, I ended up blocking it after the bees had gone. They like to nest where mice have been apparently. Can't say I like wasps much though.

• Love
  • Informative
Reactions: PA𝖨𝑁, cgrtt.brns, Praestat_Mori and 1 other person
P

Praestat_Mori

Mori praestat, quam haec pati!
May 21, 2023
Just recently I discovered a Stripe-eyed Lagoon Fly sitting on the wall when I was on my balcony. Lucky that I had my mobile cam at hand.

• Love
Reactions: Rogue Proxy, cgrtt.brns, Crono and 1 other person
Arachno

Arachno

oh no :(
Apr 10, 2023
They are not insects but I love arachnids, as evident by my nickname, spiders, ticks, Opilliones, Camel spiders, etc. They are all fascinating and interesting. I also find parasitic insects like kissing bugs and mosquitos and other insects like wasps, bees to be pretty interesting, can't say that I like kissing bugs or mosquitos though.

Reactions: Praestat_Mori and psp3000
Kariope

Kariope

Student
Feb 9, 2023
I also really love chilopoda! Centipedes are my favorite animal and I think they're the cutest little things. I've never seen one IRL and I would really like to. I watch a lot of videos and read a lot on them also look at a lot of pictures... They're too cute I wish I were one...

• Hugs
Reactions: PA𝖨𝑁, Praestat_Mori and psp3000
cgrtt.brns

cgrtt.brns

wandering ghost (he/him)
Apr 19, 2023
and you mentioning that you say hello to them reminds me of these videos that I watched recently I think you will enjoy them

silly yellow bug

bug waving hi

and also this person that goes into the woods to flip over rocks to look at all of the insects and random creatures

Tim in The Wild
i love both of those videos so much thank you :,,)
also yes i follow tim in the wild on instagram i love his videos too! flipping rocks and logs is always so interesting. that just reminded me of this video hehe party rock

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: PA𝖨𝑁 and psp3000
SmollMushroom

SmollMushroom

send N pls
Sep 27, 2023
I generally don't like bugs. I find most of them repulsive like many of the ones named here (centipedes, spiders, cockroaches etc).
But there is one I really find fascinating which is the praying mantis. I like how they look, elegant and lethal. And they also come in many colorful variations. Plus they are of no harm to humans at all and help getting rid of many pests. Also they look especially cool when they get into their defensive stance.

• Informative
Reactions: Immensevoid, PA𝖨𝑁 and psp3000
EternalShore

EternalShore

Hardworking Lass who Dreams of Love~ πŸ’•βœ¨
Jun 9, 2023
I love bugs! :D I made a bugs tier list a while ago! hehe~
Roly polys would definitely be number 1, but unfortunately, the tier list didn't include them as an option! :(
It's kinda crazy to me how a lot of people will say they don't like bugs, but it's because they're usually thinking of like mosquitoes and cockroaches and not the really cute ones like ladybugs, moths, and butterflies! :3

Attachments

• Bugs Tier List.png
    Bugs Tier List.png
    384.3 KB · Views: 0
  • Love
  • Wow
Reactions: Rocinante, NumbItAll, cgrtt.brns and 3 others
savoytruffle

savoytruffle

Student
Mar 31, 2022
all insects, i used to be very afraid of them but one day I just woke up and the fear was gone, like magic. whenever im outside and i see a little bug crawling trying to make it out there i pick him up to take a look. it sounds insane lol, but i love them

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: cgrtt.brns, PA𝖨𝑁, Praestat_Mori and 1 other person
P

psp3000

Enlightened
May 20, 2023
I generally don't like bugs. I find most of them repulsive like many of the ones named here (centipedes, spiders, cockroaches etc).
But there is one I really find fascinating which is the praying mantis. I like how they look, elegant and lethal. And they also come in many colorful variations. Plus they are of no harm to humans at all and help getting rid of many pests. Also they look especially cool when they get into their defensive stance.
I haven't seen a praying mantis in years but I do agree that they are very elegant and lethal
I love the colour varieties as well especially the one that looks like/has the colour scheme of a flower

they do scare me a bit though not because of how they look or because they are insects but because of all of those videos I've watched in the past where they contracted or had a horsehair parasite/worm inside of their abdomens

I wonder if that is still a major problem affecting certain praying mantis species today

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: PA𝖨𝑁, Praestat_Mori and SmollMushroom
SmollMushroom

SmollMushroom

send N pls
Sep 27, 2023
I haven't seen a praying mantis in years but I do agree that they are very elegant and lethal
I love the colour varieties as well especially the one that looks like/has the colour scheme of a flower

they do scare me a bit though not because of how they look or because they are insects but because of all of those videos I've watched in the past where they contracted or had a horsehair parasite/worm inside of their abdomens

I wonder if that is still a major problem affecting certain praying mantis species today
Beauty comes with a great price I guess...
But I think it really depends on the location. I've handled a few of them in the past and never seen anything coming out from their butts. But I've seen a couple of videos about it as well, and I understand your concerns.
I once grabbed a snail when I was a kid, just to have it spilling out fat white worms that fell all over the ground as I dropped it with disgust. It has been a bit traumatizing to be fair.

• Aww..
Reactions: PA𝖨𝑁 and psp3000
PA𝖨𝑁

PA𝖨𝑁

Oct 14, 2023
I like bumblebees, they look so fluffy and cute but can get angry quickly hehe, I like how they raise their little front paw as warning before stinging.

Im also cool with Spiders,they keep their distance and mind their own
.also scorpions they look like war engines, truly a engineering piece of art.

I do also like the little sardine looking insects that eat paper and have silver color. I don't now their name, there active during night and attracted to humidity.

as for the insect that I'd like to stay away from is a flying roach, they don't have manners like spiders they leave everything and run straight to me.....and waterbugs / toe bitters , such strong mandibles they prey on frogs

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: Praestat_Mori, Crono and psp3000
NumbItAll

NumbItAll

expendable
May 20, 2018
I love bugs! :D I made a bugs tier list a while ago! hehe~
Roly polys would definitely be number 1, but unfortunately, the tier list didn't include them as an option! :(
It's kinda crazy to me how a lot of people will say they don't like bugs, but it's because they're usually thinking of like mosquitoes and cockroaches and not the really cute ones like ladybugs, moths, and butterflies! :3
I don't even care for bugs myself but this is wholesome af. Like you already had a tier list ready to go haha my heart grew at least one size from that.

• Hugs
Reactions: Rocinante, EternalShore and psp3000
sammiechzxv

sammiechzxv

just a girl who's kinda sad
Aug 7, 2023
I like moths and spiders.

Reactions: Praestat_Mori and psp3000
nux_walpurgis

nux_walpurgis

Me, my whispers and a broken God
Oct 18, 2023