80hdigital

Nov 6, 2021
Anybody have a bucket list before they pull the trigger?

Obviously I'd love to travel (namely South America or Southeast Asia), but I don't have the funds for it at all right now and I don't foresee myself in a position to travel like that for decades.

I think about this prospect of waiting to "see the world" a bit more and it begins to seem kinda pointless anyway in all honesty. Like I'll do it, and it'll be over with and it won't live up to my expectations. Ultimately, I'll just cycle back to square one and be miserable as ever.

Anybody else care to chime in on things they plan to do prior to CTB? Could be anything really like: drugs you've wanted to try, revenge on a choice person, vandalism, a theft spree, or hell, even good samaritan deeds!

Let me hear it.

Pluto

Pluto

Meowing to go out
Dec 27, 2020
This is exactly where I am at right now, though I'm not really bothering with travels as such. I did travel a bit when young, but took my social awkwardness and alienation with me wherever I went.

I am making a point of buying gifts for 2 people who would genuinely miss me that would last as memories. Also want to make a couple of videos, one for a channel that I've run for many years, and another would be a video of playing a piano piece that was one of my mother's favourites. The common theme is mementos.

• Hugs
Reactions: ApparentlyNot, DynamicDepression, Beeper and 1 other person
callme

callme

I'm a loose cannon - I bang all the time.
Aug 15, 2021
MAD-Magazine-515-Bucket-List.jpg

• Yay!
  • Love
Reactions: justsayin, Beeper and Rational man
finalexit

finalexit

Jan 24, 2021
Not really. I have a bunch of music projects to finish recording/mixing but it takes a lot of energy to push through the inner resistance and everything matters less every day

crippled with grief
Nov 8, 2021
I relate to the anhedonia. I don't have the motivation to do anything and nothing gives me pleasure. Sorry to be crude but I haven't even ejaculated for over a month.

The only thing I have the desire to do and the only thing that would bring me pleasure is being around and talking to my ex but I can't do that so I'm pretty much just waiting to ctb.

I might stick around to see who the conclusion of this year's F1 season but other than that not really. There's a lot of things I would have liked to do before I got depressed but now I know I am never going to do them.

• Hugs
Reactions: Beeper
I

idencrisis

Aug 31, 2021
Yeah, I believe bucket lists are more for life-loving unlucky people with terminal diseases than for life-hating suicidal people like us.

Reactions: PeacefulTonic, Beeper, Élégie and 3 others
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
No. There is nothing that I want to do. I cannot think of a single thing. I think maybe if I had a list of things that I enjoyed and could physically do, then maybe I wouldn't want to die so badly. I just want to be at peace and to be free from this horrible life.

• Hugs
Reactions: DynamicDepression
eternalmelancholy

eternalmelancholy

waiting for the bus
Mar 24, 2021
Yeah, I believe bucket lists are more for life-loving unlucky people with terminal diseases than for life-hating suicidal people like us.

Yeah. Once I am dead it won't even matter. These bucket lists are for normal people with ambitions and passions in life. If I still had things I wanted to do in life, I wouldn't ctb in the first place.

Reactions: WorthlessTrash, justsayin, Beeper and 2 others
H

Hangman

Nov 4, 2021
Lacking the motivation to do anything out of ordinary.

I've travelled some too, but my mental state was pretty much the same abroad. Now I feel too anxious to go into a plane and such.

Drugs... I'll rather avoid them these days. Don't want a drug addiction. Maybe a psychedelic trip or two if I wasn't using anti-psychotics.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: Beeper
Rational man

Rational man

Enlightened
Oct 19, 2021
No. If it was important, i would have already done it already. I travelled in my early 20s but it was stressful.

It's strange how people invent an itinerary before dying. Ordinarily, they wouldn't have bothered, if they had continued living!.

Reactions: PeacefulTonic, 80hdigital and Beeper

80hdigital

Nov 6, 2021
Thank you all for the affirmation of the senselessness of a bucket list. My expiration is 12/21/2021 for those that care.

• Aww..
Reactions: PeacefulTonic and Rational man
Aeathelina

Aeathelina

Little Homeless Girl
Feb 5, 2020
I know that I'll never complete it but I always wanted to travel to New England in the Autumn

Reactions: PeacefulTonic
P

PeacefulTonic

Enlightened
Aug 10, 2021
There must be levels to suicidality. I'm at the level where I don't care about anything anymore and just want it to all end. Nothing can bring me happiness, except for a time machine. No bucket list for me

• Love
Reactions: Bone
BitterlyAlive_

BitterlyAlive_

-
Dec 8, 2020
The only thing I want now is to stargaze somewhere with actual visibility, no light pollution. Ha. Yea right. Other than that, I just feel done.

• Love
Bone

Bone

Sad Sack
Jul 29, 2021
only thing on my bucket list is to kick the bucket

Reactions: DynamicDepression, Beeper, justsayin and 1 other person
W

WhyBotherAnymore?

Nov 2, 2021
I am tired of living, but have been unable to let go. I have a family that need me to help support them and that is the main reason I keep getting up every day. I don't want to be around people and actively try to avoid it. I had been thinking that perhaps if I made a bucket list then maybe that would help me get to the point I could end it. There have been 3 people in a place I used to work who have brought things to an end and I admire their resolve - maybe I'm a coward? Don't know! Not sure about the bucket list idea now. The replies in the thread make a good point, that a list is for those who enjoy life and are facing a terminal situation. Not sure where that leaves me? I just know I'm tired of it all.

• Hugs
WorthlessTrash

WorthlessTrash

Worthless
Apr 19, 2022
Only thing I would like to do is travel to SK and maybe fall in love with someone there, at least that would have been the goal. However, there us no point in the latter as the thought of anyone loving me grosses me out.

Fadeawaaaay

Fadeawaaaay

Visionary
Nov 12, 2021
I cannot even get up off the couch so I can't imagine doing anything on a bucket list

O

outrider567

Visionary
Apr 5, 2022
No--Did all I wanted to do, luckily

_RustyLeaf321

_RustyLeaf321

Nov 28, 2023
Anybody have a bucket list before they pull the trigger?

Obviously I'd love to travel (namely South America or Southeast Asia), but I don't have the funds for it at all right now and I don't foresee myself in a position to travel like that for decades.

I think about this prospect of waiting to "see the world" a bit more and it begins to seem kinda pointless anyway in all honesty. Like I'll do it, and it'll be over with and it won't live up to my expectations. Ultimately, I'll just cycle back to square one and be miserable as ever.

Anybody else care to chime in on things they plan to do prior to CTB? Could be anything really like: drugs you've wanted to try, revenge on a choice person, vandalism, a theft spree, or hell, even good samaritan deeds!

Let me hear it.
I made one and searching for other people ideas to complete mines. So i want to visit almost all of my city since i didn't use to get rly often out of my house,the day befor ctb i'll stay an afternoon in a rural beautiful part of my city wich as a lot of nature and enjoy the peace over there since i want to do it since a couple of weeks and lastly thanks a sport coach i had who helped me a lot,the rest is only part of my ctb plan wich i plan to make a post about once i get all i need to execute it

MatrixPrisoner

MatrixPrisoner

Enlightened
Jul 8, 2023
No bucket list. Its not like the memories even follow you into death anyways I just want to die ASAP.

Last edited: