Apr 5, 2022
They were 80 and 84, one had lung cancer, the other a brain tumor

• Love
Reactions: RemainingDubious, rozeske, waterrrrrrrrrbottel and 5 others
hikikomorizombie

hikikomorizombie

Ouch
Jan 15, 2024
i hope the media doesn't try to bastardize their actions or talk down on them. a brave decision & a gr8 way to ctb. i'd <3 to kms w some1 i care for.

• Hugs
Reactions: RemainingDubious, Slow_Farewell and TimetoGo!
divinemistress36

divinemistress36

Visionary
Jan 1, 2024
That's romantic asf

• Love
Reactions: RemainingDubious, rozeske, iusedtobehappy and 1 other person
Slow_Farewell

Slow_Farewell

Warlock
Dec 19, 2023
Stories like that....makes you go "Awww"..
I hope they're still together in the afterlife, after all the trouble they went through to make sure they caught the bus together.

• Love
Reactions: RemainingDubious, rozeske and divinemistress36
Worndown

Worndown

Visionary
Mar 21, 2019
A nice way out. Neither would be a good way to go.

• Love
Reactions: RemainingDubious and rozeske
Tears in Rain

Tears in Rain

Dec 12, 2023
I read that piece also. It stated that the woman had been in a care home, where her husband could collect her and bring her home for a day in his car from time to time, and then bring her back again that evening. However, the care home could no longer look after her due to her worsening dementia, so she was about to be moved to a nursing home on June 2nd last year. Their double suicide occurred on June 1st.(The inquest results were released today). So she obviously didn't fancy going into a nursing home for the rest of her life with worsening dementia.

How can society not see this double-suicide as anything other than a sane, rational decision? They've lived their life, they both have terminal illnesses, she has dementia. And she's about to be moved into a nursing home where she probably can no longer be brought out for a day every so often by her husband, like she used to. A 100% sane, dignified act to go out in peace like that, on their own terms.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: RemainingDubious, rozeske, iusedtobehappy and 3 others
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
Rest in peace, at least now they are now free from all suffering.

• Love
Reactions: RemainingDubious, rozeske, thewalkingdread and 1 other person
Aim

Aim

šŸ¤
Sep 12, 2023
I read that piece also. It stated that the woman had been in a care home, where her husband could collect her and bring her home for a day in his car from time to time, and then bring her back again that evening. However, the care home could no longer look after her due to her worsening dementia, so she was about to be moved to a nursing home on June 2nd last year. Their double suicide occurred on June 1st.(The inquest results were released today). So she obviously didn't fancy going into a nursing home for the rest of her life with worsening dementia.

How can society not see this double-suicide as anything other than a sane, rational decision? They've lived their life, they both have terminal illnesses, she has dementia. And she's about to be moved into a nursing home where she probably can no longer be brought out for a day every so often by her husband, like she used to. A 100% sane, dignified act to go out of in peace like that, on their own terms.

Legit šŸ’œ

• Love
Reactions: RemainingDubious and rozeske
iusedtobehappy

iusedtobehappy

Experienced
Dec 2, 2023

How can society not see this double-suicide as anything other than a sane, rational decision? They've lived their life, they both have terminal illnesses, she has dementia. And she's about to be moved into a nursing home where she probably can no longer be brought out for a day every so often by her husband, like she used to. A 100% sane, dignified act to go out of in peace like that, on their own terms.

The way it should be. Losing your spouse is unnatural. Somebody you have planned your whole life around and with just bam gone and there you are all alone and scared. I wish I could go out with someone like this. We could even pretend to love each other for like 5 minutes.

• Love
Reactions: Denis, RemainingDubious and rozeske
Unattainable666

Unattainable666

Enlightened
Mar 31, 2023
This story made me cry. I am so envious of people who have someone special in their life. I'll be ctb soon and I will be alone. I guess I should be used to this, I lived my life alone I shouldnt expect anyone would care if I live or die. Sorry having a pity party.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Denis, RemainingDubious, rozeske and 2 others