T

thats_a_wrap

Jun 1, 2020
Is 49 meters above water enough to do the job? It's the local hot spot for suicides but it seems like it's not high enough to guarantee death. Perhaps one would need to rely on drowning as a backup. 2 boxes of valium, 2 boxes of oxycodone and as much alcohol as I can down + anything else I have lying around, then jump in the middle of the night. Should be enough right?

Reactions: lobster salad
hoping to lose hope

hoping to lose hope

<3 Message me to trade music <3
Nov 14, 2020
I highly advise you to double check any info you get told in this thread pertaining to cbt yourself as well :3
lostallhope has some information about this.

Good luck jumping after downing that much alcohol and touching a benzo I feel that you would pass out fairly fast.

hoping to lose hope

hoping to lose hope

<3 Message me to trade music <3
Nov 14, 2020
Well then I guess you need to think about this for yourself if it is a good idea even if you use your back up plan to pass out as you fall.

T

thats_a_wrap

Jun 1, 2020
Well then I guess you need to think about this for yourself if it is a good idea even if you use your back up plan to pass out as you fall.
Thanks. I am thinking about this for myself, however would appreciate input from others, which is why I posted here.

The backup plan is more about making sure if I survive the fall at least I'll drown.

Gromit-CTB

Gromit-CTB

time for ctb
Nov 14, 2020
150ft over hard surface and 250ft over water. You need to look at gravity speed 9.8m/s and impact speed to work out fatal height. Read lost all hope and look at splat calculator for impact speed. If you are going 49m over water you would need to go head first to make sure hit brain stem

Reactions: thats_a_wrap
T

thats_a_wrap

Jun 1, 2020
150ft over hard surface and 250ft over water. You need to look at gravity speed 9.8m/s and impact speed to work out fatal height. Read lost all hope and look at splat calculator for impact speed. If you are going 49m over water you would need to go head first to make sure hit brain stem
Yeah that aligns with my understanding. Its just strange that this bridge is such a hot spot. I assume a lot of jumpers don't die on impact but instead get badly injured and drown.

Gromit-CTB

Gromit-CTB

time for ctb
Nov 14, 2020
Not everyone who goes off GGB in SF dies on impact at lot will drown still. Hot spots are comforting to jumpers, but might not be highest point around.

Reactions: NodusTollens, thats_a_wrap and Metalhead
UpandDownPrincess

UpandDownPrincess

Elementalist
Dec 31, 2019
Many bridge jumpers, including those off the Golden Gate, do not die instantly.

They break many bones on impact and drown since they are unable to help themselves survive.

There is lots of reading material out there which describes those who attempt and those who survive.

Reactions: NodusTollens
Deleted member 17949

Deleted member 17949

Visionary
May 9, 2020
Not enough height, don't bother.

As stated on lostallhope you want around 76 meters to water for a 98% chance of death so this seems way too risky.

T

thats_a_wrap

Jun 1, 2020
Not enough height, don't bother.

As stated on lostallhope you want around 76 meters to water for a 98% chance of death so this seems way too risky.
I've been reading coroner's reports about suicides on this bridge and it sounds very successful. Overwhelming majority of people at this bridge die on either impact on water, impact on base of concrete pylons, or drowning.

Gromit-CTB

Gromit-CTB

time for ctb
Nov 14, 2020
I've been reading coroner's reports about suicides on this bridge and it sounds very successful. Overwhelming majority of people at this bridge die on either impact on water, impact on base of concrete pylons, or drowning.
Look also for any survival stories and see if they explain entry to water to see if there is a common theme. Also depth of water and what surface is like is major factor as well.

Reactions: thats_a_wrap