Nymph

Nymph

he/him
Jul 15, 2020
Is that some kind of sponsor of this site? I wanna support SS so I'd get it but i never heard of it and idk if it's new or something. Sometimes when something is new it all seems good but later they find out it's actually crap. Anyone for experience with Brave?

Reactions: MiserableBastard1995
Sherri

Sherri

Archangel
Sep 28, 2020
Is that some kind of sponsor of this site? I wanna support SS so I'd get it but i never heard of it and idk if it's new or something. Sometimes when something is new it all seems good but later they find out it's actually crap. Anyone for experience with Brave?
No, I also wonder what that is....

Reactions: Nymph
Ironweed

Ironweed

Nauseated.
Nov 9, 2019
Seemed like just another browser to me. They advertise it as being more secure and more private than other browsers, but I'm skeptical it is any more private than Chrome or Firefox at least on Android and iOS. I mean, it is available on both Google Play and the Apple App Store, and I doubt they'd allow people to go truly incognito, especially Google. On desktop it has the ability to open windows in Tor, but why not just install the Tor browser in that case?

FWIW, the company was started by the guy who used to run the company responsible for the Firefox browser (Mozilla). I think he helped create it as well. He was forced out for contributing money to the campaign to overturn gay marriage in California.

One thing I'd like to be able to do is run YouTube minimized on my phone for free so I could listen to some podcasts/vlogs I like. Firefox with desktop turned on on mobile used to support this but no longer seems to. Brave never has, at least when I tried. Google really wants you to buy their YouTube premium and won't tolerate us peasants trying to figure out workarounds.

Having said all of that, if there's a way this place could monetize my shitposting here via that Browser I'd be willing to switch. Why not? I'd just need an explanation of what I need to do.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: puppy9, Nymph and mahakaliSS_MahaDurga
mahakaliSS_MahaDurga

mahakaliSS_MahaDurga

Visionary
Apr 2, 2020
I've been using Brave for more than a year and never had a problem with it. It is supposedly more private than Firefox.

Reactions: Ironweed
Nymph

Nymph

he/him
Jul 15, 2020
Seemed like just another browser to me. They advertise it as being more secure and more private than other browsers, but I'm skeptical it is any more private than Chrome or Firefox at least on Android and iOS. I mean, it is available on both Google Play and the Apple App Store, and I doubt they'd allow people to go truly incognito, especially Google. On desktop it has the ability to open windows in Tor, but why not just install the Tor browser in that case?

FWIW, the company was started by the guy who used to run the company responsible for the Firefox browser (Mozilla). I think he helped create it as well. He was forced out for contributing money to the campaign to overturn gay marriage in California.

One thing I'd like to be able to do is run YouTube minimized on my phone for free so I could listen to some podcasts/vlogs I like. Firefox with desktop turned on on mobile used to support this but no longer seems to. Brave never has, at least when I tried. Google really wants you to buy their YouTube premium and won't tolerate us peasants trying to figure out workarounds.

Having said all of that, if there's a way this place could monetize my shitposting here via that Browser I'd be willing to switch. Why not? I'd just need an explanation of what I need to do.
Thanks, that's super informative
I've been using Brave for more than a year and never had a problem with it. It is supposedly more private than Firefox.
Alright, thx

Reactions: mahakaliSS_MahaDurga
D

Deleted member 1465

_
Jul 31, 2018
I tried Brave. It appears to have a lot of privacy options and a TOR proxy browser tab. However, I had to fill CAPTCHA for many sites on the proxy tab. That doesn't sound like a big deal, but they were so vague I actually couldn't do them - maybe it's my eyesight but some of the pics were crap. So I went back to Epic because their proxied tab actually succeeds in bypassing YouTube area restrictions where many others don't.

Phill

Phill

Student
Dec 19, 2019
I only use it to get rid of YouTube ads, and it works well for that purpose.