flow

flow

Oct 21, 2020
anyone else dealing with immense brain fog? its been bothering me for the longest time and im currently looking for solutions, was wondering if anyone else was going through it and had some tips?

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: TheEndisNear121200, voyager, Deleted member 13412 and 11 others
BlueSphere

BlueSphere

Oct 20, 2020
Yes for me it began some months ago and it's just been increasing. Cold showers, and long walks in the city/nature help me a bit

• Love
Reactions: darkness falls, Huntfish34 and XYZ
Stick

Stick

Experienced
Aug 31, 2020
I have a lot of brain fog too, sometimes meditating or getting outside for a bit can help me, but there isn't some kind of miracle cure unfortunately.

• Love
Reactions: Huntfish34 and XYZ
Pho3nix

Pho3nix

Wishing for eternal sleep
Oct 20, 2020
I suffer from the same due to all the meds I'm taking. I try to walk around my apartment (can't go out thanks to crappy covid), watch movies or even keep a journal if the brain fog isn't too much some days.

Reactions: Huntfish34 and XYZ
Jumper Geo

Jumper Geo

Life's a bitch and then you die.
Feb 23, 2020
I had extreme brain fog from Risperidone, I was like a zombie I got out of bed and walked 10ft to the living room to watch TV and even after I stopped taking all drugs, clean for over one year, no change, I didn't even want to wash or shave, people would talk to me and all I could say was yes/no or ignore them, lol it may be I naturally recovered but I found some expensive Vitamins I bought my mum and she didn't take them so I popped a Vitamin D, Cod Liver Oil and a Turmeric and the next day I felt better so I kept taking them and added a multi Vitamin, I certainly have more energy and motivation and I can speak again.

Good luck

Cheers

Geo

• Informative
  • Love
Reactions: myopybyproxy, Huntfish34, mahakaliSS_MahaDurga and 1 other person
LastWhisper

LastWhisper

Who cares if I'm drunk?
Oct 29, 2019
I had it when I took Zoloft, Zalasta and some other meds, I started to forgot some words when talking (it's been two years ago, but it still occurs), and it also still occurs pretty often, whatever I do at that time, nothing seems to help get rid of this.

• Hugs
Reactions: Huntfish34, Jumper Geo and XYZ
XYZ

XYZ

I just can’t get these damn wrists to bleed
Jul 22, 2020
While are is no "cure" for brain fog, I find these things help me

a) relaxation
b) avoid working long hours
c) doing one thing at a time (multitasking is really bad for me)
d) avoiding stress

Stress is the worst enemy, I would say. When I am stressed my brain fog is completely debilitating. I make mistakes, I forget and I can't concentrate at all.

• Hugs
Reactions: Huntfish34, Jumper Geo and polarbear
Greenberg

Greenberg

nitrogenexit.blogspot.com
Jun 28, 2020
anyone else dealing with immense brain fog? its been bothering me for the longest time and im currently looking for solutions, was wondering if anyone else was going through it and had some tips?
I am not much of an advocate of over-medication.

Nonetheless, there are drugs like stimulant Modafinil to treat brain fog. (Students also love to use it when cramming for exams!) No medication is perfect. Be cautioned that it may lead to a push-crash cycle that harms patients in the longer term, especially when the medication wears off. A crash may result.

Reactions: Huntfish34 and Jumper Geo
flow

flow

Oct 21, 2020
i appreciate all of your thoughts and tips! as i feel that my medication over the years have caused these issues

• Love
Reactions: XYZ, Huntfish34, Jumper Geo and 1 other person
NegativeSymptoms

NegativeSymptoms

trying to recover
Sep 4, 2019
I have something worse than brain fog. I have many symptoms of TBI but my CT and MRI scans are normal. Since early childhood I can't follow TV/movies, can't read books. My memory and attention is horrible, thinking is fragmented. I also have schizophrenia but cognitive disability is what makes me suicidal. Also there is no explanation.

• Hugs
Reactions: voyager, XYZ, mahakaliSS_MahaDurga and 3 others
Greenberg

Greenberg

nitrogenexit.blogspot.com
Jun 28, 2020
I have something worse than brain fog. I have many symptoms of TBI but my CT and MRI scans are normal. Since early childhood I can't follow TV/movies, can't read books. My memory and attention is horrible, thinking is fragmented. I also have schizophrenia but cognitive disability is what makes me suicidal. Also there is no explanation.
May I ask how you had received your injury?

• Hugs
Reactions: Huntfish34
Deleted member 17949

Deleted member 17949

Visionary
May 9, 2020
I think it's brain fog. Feels like when you try to walk underwater and small movements take loads of energy and focus, but with thinking. I struggle to keep coherent lines of thought going at times.

Reactions: XYZ and Deleted member 13412
AJ95

AJ95

24/7 sylvia plath
Sep 3, 2020
Yep, all the time.

No history of brain injury or anything like that, but I just feel so hazy all the time, my short term memory is literally awful too.

Like I can think "huh I should google that" and then by the time I've picked up and unlocked my phone I've forgotten what I wanted to do.

Reactions: voyager
yetme

yetme

Arcanist
Oct 20, 2019

hi!

yeah. nootropics helped me. glycin and piracetam in particular. glycin can be bought in a sport nutrition shop.

• Informative
Reactions: Cakeisalie, myopybyproxy and Greenberg
Mr.Nobody

Mr.Nobody

Student
Jan 30, 2020
Thanks to my anti-psychotics I have it once in a while.

Lilacmoon

Lilacmoon

Beautiful moon, take me away.
Sep 23, 2020
I get it sometimes when I'm doing bad. I usually self isolate from everyone until it goes away.