• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

sserafim

sserafim

they say it’s darkest of all before the dawn
Sep 13, 2023
How do you know if you have brain damage? I haven't been sleeping well due to sleeping issues and I've been getting a lot of headaches recently (I think tension headaches). I have brain fog and it's hard for me to think, and my eyes also hurt (from sleep deprivation, I guess). Even my sister has noticed my worsening (short-term) memory and made remarks on it. I'm clinically diagnosed with ADHD and used to take 20 mg of Adderall for it, but I heard that Adderall damages your brain and causes long-term effects…could I have brain damage?

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: ijustwishtodie, bed, Hotsackage and 1 other person
DoubleUp8

DoubleUp8

Gambler
Dec 14, 2023
It's certainly a possibility. I don't think that amount of Adderall could have caused anything significant. If you just recently stopped taking it, then it's more likely the effects from coming off it than any type of permanent brain damage.

Reactions: sserafim
bed

bed

Global Mod
Aug 24, 2019
i doubt you have brain damage due to Adderall, that is a relatively small dose. the main thing regarding stimulants is heart issues which unless you have a preexisting heart condition it's a relatively safe drug. depression can cause memory issues as well.

Reactions: sserafim, Sylveon and jar-baby
sserafim

sserafim

Sep 13, 2023
It's certainly a possibility. I don't think that amount of Adderall could have caused anything significant. If you just recently stopped taking it, then it's more likely the effects from coming off it than any type of permanent brain damage.
I stopped taking it in 2022 or 2023

Reactions: ijustwishtodie and Rocinante
N

newjourney

Jul 1, 2024
Sleep deprivation can definitely affect almost everything so this 'could' also be a reason

I'm not too sure about the brain damage part sorry. I take it you're in the US and not somewhere with free healthcare?

Reactions: sserafim, Sylveon, mistymoo and 1 other person
Rocinante

Rocinante

My name is Lucifer, please take my hand
Aug 26, 2022
Your mom needs to take you to ortho. You've already pointed out the issue in a previous thread

Reactions: ijustwishtodie, mistymoo and sserafim
M

mistymoo

Im going to be apart of the 27 club
May 30, 2024
Student social worker here-
Sleep deprivation can 1000000% be from stress. Emotional trauma will absolutely come out in other forms if you don't deal with it properly. Brain fog, slowness, tiredness, unable to regulate emotions (seemingly random crying or anger outbursts, euphoria, etc.) Hell, not dealing with my issues gave me seizures.
I have been on vyvanse for like 10 years and I don't think it's given me brain damage. I highly second everyone else saying see a professional

Reactions: Rocinante, sserafim, bed and 1 other person
Cinnamorolls

Cinnamorolls

Apr 28, 2024
You can get a MRI brain scan to check. I had one done earlier this year out of curiosity since I've sustained many blows to the head and asphyxiation, but surprisingly turned out not to have any damage. Your symptoms sound like they could be from a sleep disorder such like sleep apnea as well.

Reactions: sserafim and mistymoo
DefinitelyReady

DefinitelyReady

Life is definitely not a song...
Mar 14, 2024
You can get a MRI brain scan to check. I had one done earlier this year out of curiosity since I've sustained many blows to the head and asphyxiation, but surprisingly turned out not to have any damage. Your symptoms sound like they could be from a sleep disorder such like sleep apnea as well.
Do you live in america because unless your head is gushing blood from head trauma, it doesn't seem like people have access to mri's unless they have some serious insurance.

EvisceratedJester

EvisceratedJester

|| What Else Could I Be But a Jester ||
Oct 21, 2023
You likely don't have brain damage. The headaches, memory issues, and brain fog can all probably be explained by your sleep deprivation and the sleep deprivation could just be due to stress, excess screening usage right before bed, sleep apnea, your ADHD, etc. Jumping straight from issues with falling asleep to brain damage without going through all of the other more likely explanations is pretty extreme.

Last edited:
Cinnamorolls

Cinnamorolls

Apr 28, 2024
Do you live in america because unless your head is gushing blood from head trauma, it doesn't seem like people have access to mri's unless they have some serious insurance.
Yes, I do. I have a PPO insurance which probably makes a difference. It can be harder to get things approved with a HMO as they are stingy.

• Informative
Reactions: sserafim and DefinitelyReady
sserafim

sserafim

Sep 13, 2023
Did you get a MRI or fMRI? I got an MRI (without contrast) back in 2022 for eye issues (floaters and shit) and the radiologist said that it looked normal. Things have probably changed since then though

Last edited:
Reactions: Rocinante
Silent_cries

Silent_cries

I wish I could delete my trauma...
Aug 10, 2021
I think the others are right about this possibly being due to sleep deprivation/stress. I myself experience foggyness and short term memory issues, though milder than what you described, due to my own depression as well as my anxiety and psychosis in my case sometimes. Mental issues can cause you physical issues sometimes. Have you had anyone to talk to lately? Sometimes just venting things out can help, although seeking proffessional help is probably a good idea.