lost in my mind

lost in my mind

Woman
May 3, 2019
Hey so I'm new here, I'm just curious about the damage practicing the strangulation can cause.. do any of you know if there are any? I don't mean the cases of people trying to ctb by partial hanging or so and failed, I mean just from trying it . Brain damage? Heart damage? Can it raise up the chances of heart failure or something like that?

Reactions: Lifeisatrap, dEATHiSmYgOD, Tortured_empath and 2 others
k3v3r

k3v3r

Apr 25, 2019
I would like to know this too

Reactions: Lifeisatrap and lost in my mind
iwannaendme

iwannaendme

May 3, 2019
I don't think so. I mean, I think brain damage comes in 5 minutes after unconscious and then death I believe. But I'm not sure.

Reactions: Lifeisatrap, Deadgirl, Hhhh and 4 others
BridgeJumper

BridgeJumper

The Arsonist
Apr 7, 2019
The actual time brain damage sets in is 3 minutes. You would need to surpass this time while strangling yourself to get brain damage.
I dont know about the heart but the rises and falls in blood pressure probably can screw with it
With each choking you loose some brain cells but that doesnt really impair your functioning, getting wasted on alcohol kills around 100 thousand cells everytime and there are over 3 billions of them

Reactions: Lifeisatrap
D

Dead Mans Shoes

May 6, 2019
After three minutes would you not be unconscious anyways?

B

Broken

Paragon
Dec 7, 2018
Hey so I'm new here, I'm just curious about the damage practicing the strangulation can cause.. do any of you know if there are any? I don't mean the cases of people trying to ctb by partial hanging or so and failed, I mean just from trying it . Brain damage? Heart damage? Can it raise up the chances of heart failure or something like that?
This is what worries me about, partial, full, strangulation. I've smoked for so long I get aches everday around my heart area. I'd be worried if I went with this method I'd just give myself a heart attack

S

Santiago

Mage
Mar 25, 2018
6 minutes usually, but could also be less.

Safe to say though that strangling yourself is never healthy

D

Dreamcollege

Jul 17, 2018
The only way you'll get brain damage is if you actually succeed in passing out and are saved before death occurs. Just practicing and getting lightheaded and dizzy from leaning into a noose or squeezing your neck tightly for a few seconds won't do anything.

Even assuming you do manage to go unconscious from practicing, you will either wake up shortly after if the noose isn't tied off or you'll be dead because it is. Really the only thing to worry about is actually getting to the point of unconsciousness and doing it at a time when nobody will find you for 20-30 minutes after you've passed out

lost in my mind

lost in my mind

Woman
May 3, 2019
The only way you'll get brain damage is if you actually succeed in passing out and are saved before death occurs. Just practicing and getting lightheaded and dizzy from leaning into a noose or squeezing your neck tightly for a few seconds won't do anything.

Even assuming you do manage to go unconscious from practicing, you will either wake up shortly after if the noose isn't tied off or you'll be dead because it is. Really the only thing to worry about is actually getting to the point of unconsciousness and doing it at a time when nobody will find you for 20-30 minutes after you've passed out
But if I pass out my hands will drop and nothing will compress my neck so no damage should happen no?

Reactions: Lifeisatrap and dyingtodie
N

NOT

Experienced
Apr 16, 2019
With hanging more likely you are goona hurt the neck or spine.

D

dyingtodie

Student
Nov 29, 2018
I've read in "the exit path" book that there have been cases of heart attacks after a person has engaged in choking in a sexual context. Like one lover was lovingly choking the other and both were having a great time, and then hours later the one getting choked died because it triggered some reflex in their system.

If you use a good thick plastic bag though in combination with hanging, wouldn't that be sure to kill you in a couple minutes due to asphyxiation?

I'd like to do partial hanging with a bag but I don't know if the bag may trigger my SI before the hanging does the trick. I looked for larger bags but couldn't find any...I guess I could just use a large garbage bag type. I just want to make sure it doesn't have any micro holes in it of course.

Reactions: Suiplastic and Lifeisatrap
N

NOT

Experienced
Apr 16, 2019
Some people are just lucky. My father worked at fire department, and he would tell me this romantic stories of people excidentally dying from carbon monoxide poisoning. It sounds like a dream.

Reactions: woxihuanni and Lifeisatrap