T

TessB

Warlock
Oct 13, 2020
I just wondered if anyone else was diagnosed with BPD and then possible bipolar on top? That's what's just happened with me. Now I've been prescribed a mood stabiliser on top of sertraline. I just feel fobbed off with more drugs. I'm also terrified as I have a big alcohol problem but they want me to have a liver function test if I start on the lamotrigine. I just don't even know what to do. Has anyone else had experience with this drug? Do you recommend it and does it help? I feel like being a person with bpd and bipolar I'm just so flawed I need not to be here.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Thanatos, sadlystillgoing3 and reasonabledoubt
sadlystillgoing3

sadlystillgoing3

Feb 3, 2019
Hey, I was seeing a psychiatrist who suspected BPD but I stopped seeing him before a formal diagnosis. Please know that having BPD and bipolar doesn't impact your worth at all. I used to be on antipsychotics (which I think are a bit different than mood stabilizers?) and they really helped my intense mood swings and suicidal ideation, but made me so tired and I had restless legs, so I had to stop. If the pills do not help you and/or cause you more harm than good, be honest to your doctors. Some will be rude about it (mine were), but a few will understand. There are a lot of different meds to try and you never know if one may be the holy grail. I've never heard of those drugs but the antipsy. I was on were latuda (amazing for mood but caused sleepiness and restless legs) and one that began with an "r" but I can't think of it or find it online.
& as ironic it is for me to say, you deserve a long and happy life. everyone has flaws and mental illness is not a flaw. <3

• Hugs
Reactions: TessB
Sherri

Sherri

Archangel
Sep 28, 2020
I just wondered if anyone else was diagnosed with BPD and then possible bipolar on top? That's what's just happened with me. Now I've been prescribed a mood stabiliser on top of sertraline. I just feel fobbed off with more drugs. I'm also terrified as I have a big alcohol problem but they want me to have a liver function test if I start on the lamotrigine. I just don't even know what to do. Has anyone else had experience with this drug? Do you recommend it and does it help? I feel like being a person with bpd and bipolar I'm just so flawed I need not to be here.
I take 200mg of lamotrigine, I started with 50mg and 200mg is the max dose. I didn't have any side effects. But of you develop a rash, on your arms better tell your doctor, he will prob asked you to stop and prescribe you another. Tbh I don't feel any difference, but it might work for you cause our bodies are different. Good luck, if you need more info my pm is open.

• Hugs
T

TessB

Warlock
Oct 13, 2020
I take 200mg of lamotrigine, I started with 50mg and 200mg is the max dose. I didn't have any side effects. But of you develop a rash, on your arms better tell your doctor, he will prob asked you to stop and prescribe you another. Tbh I don't feel any difference, but it might work for you cause our bodies are different. Good luck, if you need more info my pm is open.
Thank you so much for your reply. The psychiatrist who prescribed it went on about the rash in a really scary way! He said if I get a really bad rash to go to A&E.. I think I will end up taking it and see what happens.. I hope it helps me x
Hey, I was seeing a psychiatrist who suspected BPD but I stopped seeing him before a formal diagnosis. Please know that having BPD and bipolar doesn't impact your worth at all. I used to be on antipsychotics (which I think are a bit different than mood stabilizers?) and they really helped my intense mood swings and suicidal ideation, but made me so tired and I had restless legs, so I had to stop. If the pills do not help you and/or cause you more harm than good, be honest to your doctors. Some will be rude about it (mine were), but a few will understand. There are a lot of different meds to try and you never know if one may be the holy grail. I've never heard of those drugs but the antipsy. I was on were latuda (amazing for mood but caused sleepiness and restless legs) and one that began with an "r" but I can't think of it or find it online.
& as ironic it is for me to say, you deserve a long and happy life. everyone has flaws and mental illness is not a flaw. <3
Thank you so much for your reply. This seems the only place I can get proper help and advice from people who understand x

Reactions: sadlystillgoing3
Sherri

Sherri

Archangel
Sep 28, 2020
Thank you so much for your reply. The psychiatrist who prescribed it went on about the rash in a really scary way! He said if I get a really bad rash to go to A&E.. I think I will end up taking it and see what happens.. I hope it helps me x
I did not the the rash, and all he told me was if you see a rash just stop it. You are welcome hun.

• Love
B

Buttercup2.0

Jan 2, 2021
I've been diagnosed with bpd and (use to) take lamo. Be extremely careful getting off them, they made me pull my hair out and almost off myself just trying to get off them. Such a terrible experience I am terrified to restart them. ;/

LittleBabyNothing

LittleBabyNothing

Suffering Autointoxification
Nov 22, 2020
I have bpd, have used sodium valporate as mood stabilizer (similar to lamotragine), they definitely help ease my moods but doesn't fix the bpd.