lunargreenx

lunargreenx

21 year old gay boy
Jun 16, 2020
This is the only thing I like about this world. I may not be liked by other people, but I find solace and companion in the pain and sorrows of others in books about real life and it's struggles. Reading about them gives me feeling of being less alone.

This came in my post today. This is my only friend and that little light in me that shines for living.

Authors and readers, thank you.
IMG 20201005 201616

• Love
Reactions: Deleted member 4993, Deleted member 1465, VIBRITANNIA and 13 others
sadworld

sadworld

existence is a nightmare
Aug 25, 2020
That's beautiful. I've read a few books in the past that were good too but i think the last time i have read a book was a few years ago... but it's awesome when you enjoy it and find happiness in it. :heart:

• Love
Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, puppy9, Xocoyotziin and 6 others
favourite

favourite

Student
Feb 15, 2019
Good choice and nice haul, I've already read R. Carver and now I'm reading The Lonely City. Poetry is also wonderful as a comfort read, if you're into it.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Deleted member 4993, sadworld, Chupacabra 44 and 2 others
lunargreenx

lunargreenx

21 year old gay boy
Jun 16, 2020
Good choice and nice haul, I've already read R. Carver and now I'm reading The Lonely City. Poetry is also wonderful as a comfort read, if you're into it.

I would love to get into poetry, but I am pretty scared, since English is not my first language and I am having a hard time even understanding my national poetry. However, my most favourite book is called The Bell Jar and It's by Sylvia Plath which was mainly poet, so I might as well start with her.
PS: Sorry, I seem to have miscathegorized this thread, I meant to post it in RECOVERY section.

Last edited:
Reactions: Deleted member 4993, Chupacabra 44, Stick and 1 other person
H

Heart Shards

The shards of my broken heart cut deep.
Feb 3, 2019
It's difficult to read these days, but I must say that I find that fictional characters are more moral than actual ones. Sad really.

• Hugs
Reactions: Jbra1299, Deleted member 4993 and Chupacabra 44
AvaAdore

AvaAdore

When will it be?
Jul 20, 2020
I finished Normal People earlier this year,it was 3 out of 5 stars for me.

• Hugs
Reactions: Deleted member 4993, lunargreenx and Chupacabra 44
Xocoyotziin

Xocoyotziin

Scorpion
Sep 5, 2020
I feel this way about music
I don't even listen to that wide a variety but knowing that someone made it and I'm essentially downloading their thoughts and feelings in nonverbal form, yeah it feels nice. Like they're reaching out to me and don't even know it. Butterfly effect shit. It's pretty cool.

• Love
Reactions: Deleted member 4993 and lunargreenx
D

Deleted member 1465

_
Jul 31, 2018
I used to read a lot, maybe too much. I found giving up smoking and drinking easier than giving up books. Now I barely read at all. For some reason, it feels too passive to me, I need to be doing something. I try to read, my brother donates all his books when he's finished them, but I find it so hard to relax into it. I think this may be linked to my OCD in some way. I have a mountain of books that once i would have devoured.

• Hugs
Reactions: Deleted member 4993 and lunargreenx
T

TheQ22

Enlightened
Aug 17, 2020
The only way I find that books help is when I pile them up like you have so i can get high enough to put my head through the noose :pfff:

lunargreenx

lunargreenx

21 year old gay boy
Jun 16, 2020
It's difficult to read these days, but I must say that I find that fictional characters are more moral than actual ones. Sad really.

I wouldn't say more moral. The word I would use is human. Humans are not human anymore.
Nobody cares about anyone. The vast majority of relationship are superficial. Everything is fake.

I feel like I am not living in reality. Like this should not be happening. Books validate that feeling. We should all have normal families and at least 2 good friends that truly care.

I don't like it here. Get me out. Please. Sorry, now we don't say please, so I shall say fuck off to show off how independent and proud I am.

• Aww..
Reactions: Belaya Noch and Heart Shards
H

Heart Shards

The shards of my broken heart cut deep.
Feb 3, 2019
I wouldn't say more moral. The word I would use is human. Humans are not human anymore.
Nobody cares about anyone. The vast majority of relationship are superficial. Everything is fake.

I feel like I am not living in reality. Like this should not be happening. Books validate that feeling. We should all have normal families and at least 2 good friends that truly care.

I don't like it here. Get me out. Please. Sorry, now we don't say please, so I shall say fuck off to show off how independent and proud I am.
What if we're characters in a book that is a super drama/tragedy. I mean it would be one damn boring book like The Hunchback of Notre Dame but still. Maybe we're the result of a terrible writer's story.

Reactions: lunargreenx and Deleted member 4993
T

TheQ22

Enlightened
Aug 17, 2020
What if we're characters in a book that is a super drama/tragedy. I mean it would be one damn boring book like The Hunchback of Notre Dame but still. Maybe we're the result of a terrible writer's story.
I wish they'd just put the blinking pen down. And I hope there isn't a sequel.

• Love
  • Aww..
Reactions: lunargreenx, Heart Shards and Deleted member 4993
Gerard de Nerval

Gerard de Nerval

Ontologist
Oct 5, 2020
The only way I find that books help is when I pile them up like you have so i can get high enough to put my head through the noose :pfff:

Just like Mainländer!

Novels, Poetry, Philosophy and so on seem to be the only place the spiritual sequestered to, but it seems to be dimming in the twilight. I had a great joy reading, and love the connections each work of art brings to others in both the negative and positive.

Reactions: Deleted member 4993
T

TheQ22

Enlightened
Aug 17, 2020
Just like Mainländer!

Novels, Poetry, Philosophy and so on seem to be the only place the spiritual sequestered to, but it seems to be dimming in the twilight. I had a great joy reading, and love the connections each work of art brings to others in both the negative and positive.
Thanks I'd not heard of him. have had a read and I like him.