sadbunny

sadbunny

Experienced
Jun 7, 2019
open to anything but please give me something fairly easy to read since I'm not a regular reader

update: well this is disappointing

Last edited:
  • Aww..
Reactions: TimeToBiteTheDust
disabledandhopeless

disabledandhopeless

Enlightened
Mar 1, 2020
I'm also not a regular reader! My favourite book is the little prince.. try reading it if you haven't.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: BabyYoda, enjolras and sadbunny
artificialpasta

artificialpasta

Feb 2, 2020
What kind of books do you like?

Reactions: sadbunny
sadbunny

sadbunny

Experienced
Jun 7, 2019
I like fantasy, horror, mystery, true crime

Sabriel

Sabriel

for in that sleep of death what dreams may come
Jul 23, 2019
Fantasy books by Neil Gaiman

Reactions: Sensei
omoidarui

omoidarui

Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ
Apr 30, 2019
The Vega Jane series by David Baldacci - a fantasy / very easy reading.

Dirk Gently's Holistic Detective Agency by Douglas Adams - a mystery, I'm not a regular reader either but I loved this, needa read this again

Reactions: Deleted member 1465
M

MissKatrina

Experienced
Apr 6, 2020
The Book Theif by Markus Zusak. It follows a girl during the Holocaust and is written from the perspective of death. Beautifully written and easy but emotional read.

The girl with the Dragon tattoo by Stieg Larsson. Hands down best crime thriller series I've read.

On a similar note Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn is amazing. Film of it too but naturally book is better. Her other books are fantastic too.

You could try Geralds game by Stephen King. About a couple getting kinky with some handcuffs and he dies leaving her handcuffed. Psychological thriller. IT, Pet sematary, The Mist are also easy and horror reads.

BPD Barbie

BPD Barbie

Visionary
Dec 1, 2019
If you can get through it, Exquisite Corpse by Poppy Z Brite.

Reactions: TimeToBiteTheDust and sadbunny
D

Deleted member 1465

_
Jul 31, 2018
I like fantasy, horror, mystery, true crime
The Harry Dresden books by Jim Butcher. Urban fantasy, fast paced, witty, great characters, short and easy reads but lots of books. Very enjoyable and encompasses all of your criteria.:smiling:

L

lonelygirl66

Lonely
Mar 13, 2020
Mmmmm.
The Bible.

I started and then thought no way.
I do recommend you give it a go as it may be of use to some here.

• Love
xalltoowell

xalltoowell

Loner, loser and complicated wreck
Nov 3, 2019
For fantasy, I'd recommend The Night Circus! It's a longer-ish book, but it's one you can escape into and I wouldn't say it's a difficult read at all.

• Hugs
Reactions: MissKatrina, sadbunny and WinterFaust
WinterFaust

WinterFaust

Shimmer
Apr 13, 2020
The Girl With All the Gifts by MR Carey was a fun little twist on post-apocalyptic/dystopian stories.

Reactions: MissKatrina
F

faraway_beach

Seawater and stardust
Dec 30, 2019
The Mysterious Stranger by Mark Twain. Also known as The Adventures of Young Satan.

Reactions: MissKatrina and NoSentimentality
Sensei

Sensei

剣道家
Nov 4, 2019
Fantasy books by Neil Gaiman

I really second this. I particularly recommend Neverwhere. I've never met a person who has read it and not enjoyed it. (This includes teenagers who hate to read. I happen to be a teacher.) I also heartily recommend his collection of short stories Smoke and Mirrors.

Green Destiny

Green Destiny

Life isn't worth the trouble.
Nov 16, 2019
If you wan't very oldschool when it comes to fantasy then the Lord of the Rings by J.R.R Tolkien was a good long read.

deadpixels

deadpixels

Student
May 2, 2020
something fairly easy to read since I'm not a regular reader

You may like to read graphic novel adaptations of books, it's like reading comics. There are great ones out there and you can easily find pdfs in the internet. I remember reading city of glass from paul auster in this format. It makes reading easier and faster because all the descriptive text and most actions become images, you only read the dialogues.

A

account999

May 4, 2020
my year of rest and relaxation by otessa moshfegh is good, and seems apt for this forum

SpareWheel

SpareWheel

I go on holidays by mistake
May 4, 2020
I am a regular reader, but for someone that isn't, you can't go wrong with Lee Childs or Clive Cussler. Both write bubblegum action books, they don't need much attention span, and they're usually packed with action from beginning to end. Childs books are mainly Jack Reacher, the 6'5 Hulk of a man one though, not weedy Tom Cruise. And Cussler mainly writes about Numa, they're basically Indiana Jones with a marine biology twist, pure Hollywood nonsense like raising the Titanic, or finding Atlantis, or Genghis Khans tomb - the sort of stuff you'd see in Tomb raider or Uncharted games. Martina Cole is good too, as is Patricia Cornwell, or Karin Slaughter, or Karen Rose, or early Stephen King when he was still on the coke. All easy to follow books without much pretension, Cornwell can be a bit wordy and medically specific at times but if you like anything CSI related you'll love them.

If you really want to challenge yourself, try The Idiot or The Brothers Karamazov by Dostoevsky, if you can finish either of those, you're officially a proper reader.

T

TimeToBiteTheDust

Visionary
Nov 7, 2019
I like reading. Any book related to suicide anyone could reccomend?

P

pete_x

Good god, let's eat !
May 9, 2020
Project Gutenberg is a treasure.

• Love
Reactions: TimeToBiteTheDust