Aug 25, 2019

Another celebrity hanging..Celebrities get something right about hanging

• Aww..
Reactions: puppy9, Notwinnernotawin, Brick In The Wall and 10 others
Painless_end

Painless_end

Life is too difficult for me
Oct 11, 2019
Yes I just read that. He was very popular here in India. And very talented too. Lead actor in several hit movies. As per news reports, seems to have had everything, sadly including depression. He was only 34.

Last edited:
Reactions: Wolfjob_dayjob, puppy9, Borabora and 7 others
GerMann

GerMann

year of birth: 1972
Nov 30, 2018
Smart, "healthy", rich, and nice looking, that is a tragedy

• Aww..
Reactions: LADY007, puppy9 and SipSop
The Dark Chaos

The Dark Chaos

Craving chaos..
Apr 17, 2020
Just have a look at twitter right noww. Its drivingg me nuts! People right noww are postingg soo muchh about mental health, depression, suicide awareness and all that stuff. Tellingg everyyone that "I'm here if you wannaa talk", "Speak up" and all that shit. Just wait for a feww dayys and thinggs will be backk like it were 24hrs ago. Everyybodyy will be backk to their own business, no more "I'm here for you", suicide would be again taken lightly, people wouldd again goo backk to be ignorant about mental health etc etc. Having a mental illness is a shame for soo manyy of them!!
I feel likkee myy head's gonnaa explode withh anger anyy moment!!

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: LifeSucks39, Wolfjob_dayjob, puppy9 and 17 others
D

Darksektori

Experienced
Jun 8, 2020
This won't change how the world views suicide unfortunately, if anything the world will always be ignorant and oblivious to the reasons as to why CTB even exists.

• Love
Reactions: Wolfjob_dayjob, puppy9, Bct and 5 others
InTheAirTonight

InTheAirTonight

I tried
Feb 29, 2020
Celebrities are good at hanging because they have high ceiling houses

Reactions: Trannydiary, Disco Biscuit, kovkay and 3 others
The Dark Chaos

The Dark Chaos

Craving chaos..
Apr 17, 2020
This won't change how the world views suicide unfortunately, if anything the world will always be ignorant and oblivious to the reasons as to why CTB even exists.
Theyy should rather be more oblivious to the reasons as to whyy this world even exits

Reactions: Darksektori
I

I screwed up

Waiting for the damn bus
Sep 11, 2019
Yes celebrities get it right somehow .. People in India on this forum may recall there were couple other TV celebrities Manmeet Grewal and Preksha Mehta ( not as famous as Shushant Singh) also committed suicide by Hanging from their ceiling fans in their homes. In fact majority of ctb in India is by full suspension which I feel would have strongest SI ... I am so freaking jealous I can't muster the courage

• Aww..
Reactions: Tiredsotired, Wolfjob_dayjob, Darksektori and 4 others
T

TimeToBiteTheDust

Visionary
Nov 7, 2019
I hate when they say "gone too soon" as if life should last a long time. May he rest in peace.

Reactions: Meowkin, puppy9, mrbrooks and 5 others
P

prochoicefriend

Jun 7, 2020
Why are actors so good at the hanging method?

Reactions: Darksektori, BaconCheeseburger and Painless_end
GravityUtilizer

GravityUtilizer

Born to lose
May 22, 2020
Interestingly his former manager fell from the 14th floor of a building and died a few days ago (BBC), though apparently that one was a drunken accident rather than a suicide (Mumbai Mirror).

Reactions: FriendofDeath
I

I screwed up

Waiting for the damn bus
Sep 11, 2019
Interestingly his former manager fell from the 14th floor of a building and died a few days ago (BBC), though apparently that one was a drunken accident rather than a suicide (Mumbai Mirror).
Yes and some people are trying to make connection between the two incidents ... Anyway, but the fact remains they succeeded in their attempt to ctb ... And I m so jealous.

Reactions: Bct and AnxietyAttack44
FriendofDeath

FriendofDeath

Elementalist
May 22, 2020
Or maybe they are lucky. Maybe in desperation they just try and it works.
I think the last part of what you said is true. I have read a lot, many anecdotal accounts, about suicides. I started this to try and understand suicide after losing someone very close to me. Many people will refer to a suicide coma, where an individual's wish to die overrides pretty much everything else, including SI. This would most often happen, I would think, in an impulsive/unplanned suicide.

Reactions: itsamadworld
ohhgeeitsme

ohhgeeitsme

Wizard
Feb 5, 2020
I mean, who knows how many times they tried before succeeding, and who knows how many celebrities have attempted that we're not aware of and are still alive.

Reactions: Wolfjob_dayjob, Green Destiny, Darksektori and 3 others
Brick In The Wall

Brick In The Wall

2M Or Not 2B.
Oct 30, 2019
Smart, "healthy", rich, and nice looking, that is a tragedy
I hate when they say "gone too soon" as if life should last a long time. May he rest in peace.
These two things bother me too. There is no age restriction on when you should or shouldn't die.

It doesn't matter how much fame, wealth, health, or looks they had either. It's always a tragedy when anyone is pushed to CTB.

• Love
Reactions: x-Ace-x, Meowkin, puppy9 and 4 others
M

meowcat

Experienced
Aug 9, 2018
He hung by the ceiling fan.
I've always wondered if this method would work as i always worry about the fan attachment not holding up and we come crashing down in a bad way.

Reactions: puppy9, I screwed up and AcornUnderground
I

I screwed up

Waiting for the damn bus
Sep 11, 2019
He hung by the ceiling fan.
I've always wondered if this method would work as i always worry about the fan attachment not holding up and we come crashing down in a bad way.
Even I have been Wondering abt the same. I weigh around 88 KGS .. Don't think the fan attachment will hold my wt.

D

Darksektori

Experienced
Jun 8, 2020
I mean, who knows how many times they tried before succeeding, and who knows how many celebrities have attempted that we're not aware of and are still alive.
But eventually we always find out who they were sadly too late

HappyMstake

HappyMstake

Not so happy as it turns out.
May 29, 2020
I don't have a ceiling fan in my apartment so I guess I'll have to try the door... There are so many successful hangings with a ceiling fan, I never knew they were so strong.

Painless_end

Painless_end

Oct 11, 2019
As per latest investigative reports into his death, he first tried to unsuccessfully CTB with his bathrobe belt which tore off. He then managed to do it successfully with his green kurta on the 2nd attempt.

Reactions: DeadButDreaming and Meowkin
B

Borabora

May 6, 2020
Yes I just read that. He was very popular here in India. And very talented too. Lead actor in several hit movies. As per news reports, seems to have had everything, sadly including depression. He was only 34.
He was 1 of these rare types 1. Good looking - to point of being movie star. 2. Smart - he was engineer if I am not mistaken & participated in some physics Olympiad 3. Nice guy too it seems - people he employed said good things about him. He had it all.

• Wow
Reactions: SipSop and puppy9
Painless_end

Painless_end

Oct 11, 2019
He was 1 of these rare types 1. Good looking - to point of being movie star. 2. Smart - he was engineer if I am not mistaken & participated in some physics Olympiad 3. Nice guy too it seems - people he employed said good things about him. He had it all.

1. Yes very good looking

2. He had an national rank of 7 among hundreds of thousands of people who wrote the entrance exam for engineering college that year. He got in to the most prestigious college one can get but dropped out after 2 years to pursue acting full time.

3. Yes lots of people said nice things about him.

But if you look at his recent interviews on video now in retrospect, he somehow always seemed like he was on edge. His eyes always seemed sad and tired even as if he was forcing himself to smile and talk.

Also, and this is my personal opinion, I find his answers to many questions were always a bit vague and non-commital. He seemed like there was a lot going on in his mind. In many ways, he was very different from your average Indian film or TV actor who are just good looking blokes (debatable) with empty minds.

That has changed a lot in the last 10 years. Lots of young and older "thinking" actors who put in genuinely great & nuanced performances have entered the Indian film industry. Eg. Rajkumar Rao, Nawazzudin Siddiqui, Manoj Bajpayee (he's older), Ayusshman Khurana etc

Some more facts about Sushant : He was deeply interested in philosophy and astrophysics. He had actually bought a plot of land on the moon. He had a high powered telescope in his house in Mumbai from where he used to look at the sky every night.

In the weeks before his death, I read on his instagram that he tried meditation, journaling, and a lot of other things to feel peaceful. But somewhere, it wasn't enough to keep him alive in the end. RIP.

Last edited:
  • Aww..
Reactions: Trannydiary, puppy9, Borabora and 4 others
I

I screwed up

Waiting for the damn bus
Sep 11, 2019
@Curious89 seems like u are a big fan of SSR. You take care bro.RIP.
In an unrelated event, a rising tik tok star Sia Kakkar also committed ctb Few days ago, she was only 16 yrs old. She also seemed to have everything... Beauty, fame, promising career etc.

Reactions: puppy9, FriendofDeath, Painless_end and 1 other person
Chiyuki99

Chiyuki99

a nightmare dressed like a daydream
May 28, 2019
In an unrelated event, a rising tik tok star Sia Kakkar also committed ctb Few days ago, she was only 16 yrs old. She also seemed to have everything... Beauty, fame, promising career etc.
Yeah I also immediately remembered her when reading this thread. I wonder if her death "inspired" him to also do it.

Painless_end

Painless_end

Oct 11, 2019

I am not. I have only seen like 1-2 of his movies. But I read up a lot on the news after he was gone.

Yes also RIP to Sia Kakkar.

L

lifeisbutadream

Warlock
Oct 4, 2018
Reminds me of the poem, "Richard Cory", by Edwin Arlington Robinson

Richard Cory

Whenever Richard Cory went down town,
We people on the pavement looked at him:
He was a gentleman from sole to crown,
Clean favored, and imperially slim.

And he was always quietly arrayed,
And he was always human when he talked;
But still he fluttered pulses when he said,
"Good-morning," and he glittered when he walked.

And he was rich – yes, richer than a king –
And admirably schooled in every grace:
In fine, we thought that he was everything
To make us wish that we were in his place.

So on we worked, and waited for the light,
And went without the meat, and cursed the bread;
And Richard Cory, one calm summer night,
Went home and put a bullet through his head.

Reactions: Borabora
B

Borabora

May 6, 2020
This world perplexes me. It was almost like he was 'spiritually aware.' Like he knew this world was not the real world, that it was not a good place to be in.
It was like he knew that there is a better place, that the next world is actually much better.
So, he had movie star looks, was crazy smart, a good guy & spiritually aware. He wanted to get off this planet.

Reactions: Trannydiary, meowcat and lifeisbutadream