WitheringAway

WitheringAway

Ima shake the champagne bottle...
Jun 23, 2020
F here, 168cm, 54kg. I feel slim yeah but everyone around me thinks I should gain weight. They all think something is wrong with me to the point where I was asked straight up today if I had a medical condition or health issues because they thought I was "too thin". It fucked with my already fucked up brain. Some days I binge eating and other days I don't eat anything at all. Yet, I'm fixed into 54kg like a curse. Who else struggles with their weight?

• Hugs
Reactions: waitingforrest, OpheliasFlowers, wait.what and 3 others
S

Sick of it all

It's only a matter of time and I'm running out
Aug 17, 2022
I'm overweight according to the BMI. Though recently I lost 20+ lbs. I just know I'll probably gain that 20lbs back. I'm just glad I'm not super heavy since I need a thin neck to CTB.

• Hugs
Reactions: waitingforrest, not-2-b-the-answer and WitheringAway
Pluto

Pluto

Meowing to go out
Dec 27, 2020
I've been trying to put on weight like crazy for nearly 3 months. Going to gym most days. I might have added 1 or 2 kgs but nowhere near enough for anyone to notice. I've committed to keeping at it until I die, but I feel like it's just another case of humiliating myself trying to keep up with normal people.

I've come to the conclusion that depression as well as its effects on appetite and energy levels are a massive handicap. I can't really do anything about it.

• Hugs
Reactions: waitingforrest, OpheliasFlowers, wait.what and 3 others
WitheringAway

WitheringAway

Ima shake the champagne bottle...
Jun 23, 2020
I've been trying to put on weight like crazy for nearly 3 months. Going to gym most days. I might have added 1 or 2 kgs but nowhere near enough for anyone to notice. I've committed to keeping at it until I die, but I feel like it's just another case of humiliating myself trying to keep up with normal people.

I've come to the conclusion that depression as well as its effects on appetite and energy levels are a massive handicap. I can't really do anything about it.
I went to the gym for 1 month then lost motivation cus I get home exhausted from work and I barely have the energy to make food. I order junk food almost everyday. I wish I could keep a healthy lifestyle. Make my own healthy meals and have my own workouts like most of the people I know. But nope. Don't even know where I start.

• Hugs
Reactions: waitingforrest, OpheliasFlowers, wait.what and 2 others
theboy

theboy

Illuminated
Jul 15, 2022
I do struggle a bit. There was a time when I was quite thin but I am afraid of gaining weight.
Have you been to the nutritionist?

Reactions: waitingforrest and Pluto
Pluto

Pluto

Meowing to go out
Dec 27, 2020
I went to the gym for 1 month then lost motivation cus I get home exhausted from work and I barely have the energy to make food. I order junk food almost everyday. I wish I could keep a healthy lifestyle. Make my own healthy meals and have my own workouts like most of the people I know. But nope. Don't even know where I start.
I know exactly how you feel. The problem is not with you, it is a question of support and motivation.

The turning point for me came when I had a housemate who was very into fitness. I am constantly being pushed to give updates on my progress. Then I came to realise that it was also dynamite for my mental health (in a good way). Now I resent having to work because I'd like to go for hours every day. There's a social aspect also, as you see the same people every day.

I struggle with the diet side of things because of depression affecting my appetite and what not. But I often manage to have a decent gym session even after a 12-hour work day. But if I were trying to do it by myself, I would probably fail.

• Informative
Reactions: waitingforrest and OpheliasFlowers
W3akCr3atur3

W3akCr3atur3

Empty and hollow
Aug 3, 2020
F here, 168cm, 54kg. I feel slim yeah but everyone around me thinks I should gain weight. They all think something is wrong with me to the point where I was asked straight up today if I had a medical condition or health issues because they thought I was "too thin". It fucked with my already fucked up brain. Some days I binge eating and other days I don't eat anything at all. Yet, I'm fixed into 54kg like a curse. Who else struggles with their weight?
Your BMI is 19 which is still is in really healthy range. I also have BMI about 18.5-19 for years and I got used to it even tho being too skinny is usually more rough for males.
There's nothing wrong about being skinny unless it's unhealthy, I feel like most people will find moderate thinness attractive.

wait.what

wait.what

no really, what?
Aug 14, 2020
I lived in EDNOS hell during adolescence and young adulthood. In my case it was gender-dysphoria-related. One medical transition later, and the mental, body-horror stuff is at least somewhat better. Physically speaking, my body's still wrecked from decades of eating patterns designed to liberate a couple molecules of dopamine here and there, and not remotely related to nutrition, health, or the basics of staying alive. Oops.

Anybody else have a relationship with their body like it's the Amityville Horror house, and you're the family it's tormenting? You don't own it. It owns you, and it hates your fucking guts. New and bizarre forms of suffering appear all the time, making your life absolutely impossible for a few days, or months, or years. Then they're gone for no obvious reason, and something else even worse shows up. I have a Medic Alert bracelet with like 7 different things on it. Yes, they were all actually diagnosed by actual doctors. I guess if you live with a ton of stress long enough, everything just starts coming apart at the seams.

I tried ketamine for my severe depression, but I had the worst bad trips on it. I sometimes used to hallucinate that I was living in some kind of Truman Show reality, only rated a really strong R. Closer to The Squid Game, really, only in this version you want to die, but can't. The apparent goal is to watch me slowly break down over time . . . to satisfy some morbid curiousity about what will get me to start staggering, and then crawling, and then flailing, and then just lying there, decomposing, but conscious ... forever. The doc at the ketamine clinic wanted me to analyze the stuff I would experience while I was under the effects of the drug. Like a vision quest thing, I guess. Well, I "discovered" that I feel like the subject of a horrible experiment, or maybe like a fly some twisted little kid is pulling the wings and legs off of. Thank you, subconscious, for informing me of TOTALLY OBVIOUS SHIT.

Ya, that got really dark for something I originally intended to be a support post. Sry. Brane sux. Nxt post.

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: Per Ardua Ad Astra and OpheliasFlowers
PleaseTakeMeAway

PleaseTakeMeAway

Nothing to say anymore.
Jul 16, 2022
I struggle with my weight a lot too. All I hear from my family is "You need to get some meat on them bones." It really hurts because it's not even my fault I'm like this in the first place...

I'm under 100 pounds. It sucks.