destiny

destiny

she/her
Aug 21, 2021
Anyone into body mods as a coping mechanisms?

I've got a lot of piercings. I like the feeling of being pierced, and the changed look gives me a sense of new identity... Until it fades and becomes normal again.

I'd like to get tattoos but I'm always overthinking the designs, debating what style to go for (black graphic linework? watercolor? neotraditional? ignorant?), fantasizing how they would fit in with a sleeve for example. Like with all things in life, I think too deeply. Maybe I should act on impulses and just get tatted.

I'd also like my tongue split, but don't know where to get that done where I live.

Last edited:
xLosthopex

xLosthopex

Tell my dogs I love them
May 29, 2020
I've a lot of piercings, tattoos, have my ears stretched, hair dyed etc. I wouldn't really consider it a coping mechanism for me though it's just like a part of who I am at this point

Reactions: destiny
Alwaysbadtime

Alwaysbadtime

Enlightened
Jun 28, 2021
No. I would go nuts getting a tattoo and then not liking it. I don't think metal in face/skin is attractive or cool. I really don't think you should split your tongue. This is just my opinon of course.

Tattoos never go away unless lasered off...it shouldn't be impulsive unless you really don't care about looking at something you will later regret everytime you look at it.

Skathon

Skathon

"...scarred underneath, and I'm falling..."
Oct 29, 2018
"As a coping mechanism"? Absolutely not. I love them as a form of art or technological improvements.

Reactions: destiny
destiny

destiny

she/her
Aug 21, 2021
I've a lot of piercings, tattoos, have my ears stretched, hair dyed etc. I wouldn't really consider it a coping mechanism for me though it's just like a part of who I am at this point
Well yes for me too they are just a part of who I am.

"As a coping mechanism"? Absolutely not. I love them as a form of art or technological improvements.
Me too of course. It's just, when I'm sad and get a mod done, it makes me feel like a new person for a bit. It helps. But that's certainly not the only reason I get them. I get them because I love them. But it helps, too.
Tattoos never go away unless lasered off...it shouldn't be impulsive unless you really don't care about looking at something you will later regret everytime you look at it.
I didn't mean quite that impulsive. For example there's a design I like, have been thinking about it before. Now suddenly the meaning dawned on me. It would be really fitting for the mental state I am in now and might help me pull through the hardest parts of my crisis. So I was like yeah I should get this, totally makes sense. But then I started doubting, hoe would it fit on with an eventual sleeve? But the thing is, thinking like that. I'd never get any tattoos done. Maybe I don't have to plan my entire arm and just get this design done right now because it's fitting for my state of mind, and in the future will be a reminder of this time.

GenesAndEnvironment

GenesAndEnvironment

Autistic loser
Jan 26, 2021
I'd like to get tattoos
PleasingDistortedIndianjackal-size_restricted.gif

• Yay!
Reactions: WhatDoesTheFoxSay?