• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

Roger

Roger

I Liked Ike
May 11, 2019
A lot of us, the vast majority maybe, who contribute to this forum are mentally ill. so I suppose that we must accept and tolerate some odd ideas and posts, especially as the medical difficulties are frequently compounded by obvious immaturity.

I think though that there may very well be a sprinkling of covert propagandists. These may have several motives, the principal ones being (as I see it, and in no particular order):-

1. Pro-lifers who seek to dissuade us from attempting, by such methods as frightening the religious with tales of hell, or by seeding fear about the pain, impracticality and discomfort of several methods. I must admit that, as a fully fledged coward, I have become subsequently concerned about the effects of the two methods that I have personally prepared for.

2. Weirdo trolls who get off on low level masochism - seriously taking pleasure from the idea of self harming, often by ridiculously bizarre methods.

3. More weirdos who get their kicks from encouraging others to attempt. They know how to phrase their posts to mask their real intent, and to avoid falling foul of the Forum "No Encouragement" rules. Maybe some of these make unfounded comments about the ease and painlessness of some methods, to encourage attempts.

4. Pro-lifers who wish to damage the image of this forum by surreptitiously posting bizarre and unpleasant comments which can be used to harm the reputation of the Forum, making us seem like a bunch of crazies.

5. Fishers, who try to elicit information about new methods and sources of equipment/materials with a view to cutting off sources of supply.

6. Scammers - they are aware that we are probably not going to raise formal complaints after we have attempted to acquire stuff illegally.

And whilst I am on my high horse, I will have a go at those people who post "information" in an authoritative manner when in actual fact they know sod-all about the subject. By all means pass on hearsay, but be honest and make it clear that's what it is.

I shall now retire to my Air Raid Shelter.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: Quiet_Sandwich, Dead beat dad, SomebodyBroken and 4 others
Johnnythefox

Johnnythefox

Que sera sera
Nov 11, 2018
You've sussed it out.

Reactions: Deleted member 1768
SinisterKid

SinisterKid

Visionary
Jun 1, 2019
DAMN, I have been exposed :wink:

• Love
Reactions: Soul, jake3d and Deleted member 1768
lululoo

lululoo

Mage
Dec 15, 2018
Roger, you seem very focused on the problems with this forum. It's the majority of posts I've seen from you. Why do you have such high expectations for it? Like it should only be comprised of highly intelligent, articulate, emotionally stable people who want to die but somehow are always perfectly composed?

People share their opinions as if they are facts on pretty much every Internet forum ever. That's not new. There is nothing here to suggest that posts on this forum are authoritative knowledge on how to CTB. You need to double check things for yourself. however, the posts here save you a lot of time. They are like shortcuts.

I personally am grateful I have this place to talk about CTB. And I wouldn't have my method without it.

I think there is more scammer paranoia than actual scammers.

• Hugs
Reactions: Kaput, Scribble Fan, SinisterKid and 4 others
Soul

Soul

gate gate paragate parasamgate bodhi svaha
Apr 12, 2019
I think @Roger makes some good points that are worth remaining aware of (just my opinion!). He's not the only one who notes that it's probably not a great idea to name specific suppliers or links to their sites in the public forum. That's what the good lord invented private messaging for.

Reactions: Ἡγησίας, SinisterKid and Faraway1990
Roger

Roger

I Liked Ike
May 11, 2019
Thanks for your opinion, lululoo.
I expected some adverse comment - hence the last sentence of my OP - and I take your criticisms seriously.
I don't seek to find fault with the forum as a whole, just certain elements. It's the only forum to which I contribute, and I find comfort and support here. Perhaps that's why some posts and posters tend to irritate me. Like most here, I am in a fragile state - I am seriously contemplating the end of my life, not in a way that I ever foresaw nor wished for. I think that all posters should treat the forum with respect and consideration.
Unfortunately I spend far, far too much time here. I am in that semi-catatonic state of being almost immobile and letting myself go.
Anyway, let's see if there are any more responses.

All the Best,

Roger

• Hugs
Reactions: Deleted member 1768, Kaput and Soul
SinisterKid

SinisterKid

Visionary
Jun 1, 2019
Sometimes Roger, I start to read a thread and I know instantly it is going to annoy the hell out of me, or upset me in some way, shape or form, so I quickly move one from it. If I try to make a response, it is going to upset or annoy someone else and that is not why I am here. I want to interact with likeminded people and I cant do that if I keep pissing people off. These interactions might just give me enough reasons to make it through another day. I have certainly learnt a great deal since my arrival here and apologise in advance, to anyone and everyone if anything I post upsets them or triggers them or annoys them.

Reactions: Soul and lululoo
lululoo

lululoo

Mage
Dec 15, 2018
Thanks for your opinion, lululoo.
I expected some adverse comment - hence the last sentence of my OP - and I take your criticisms seriously.
I don't seek to find fault with the forum as a whole, just certain elements. It's the only forum to which I contribute, and I find comfort and support here. Perhaps that's why some posts and posters tend to irritate me. Like most here, I am in a fragile state - I am seriously contemplating the end of my life, not in a way that I ever foresaw nor wished for. I think that all posters should treat the forum with respect and consideration.
Unfortunately I spend far, far too much time here. I am in that semi-catatonic state of being almost immobile and letting myself go.
Anyway, let's see if there are any more responses.

All the Best,

Roger
I understand and relate to a lot of what you just said.

I definitely get annoyed with certain posts here too. I just don't know that anything can be done about it so I think your best defenses are doing research, and blocking people that annoy you. Do you know about the block function?

Reactions: Faraway1990
Faraway1990

Faraway1990

Student
Jun 2, 2019
I understand and relate to a lot of what you just said.

I definitely get annoyed with certain posts here too. I just don't know that anything can be done about it so I think your best defenses are doing research, and blocking people that annoy you. Do you know about the block function?
This Roger, I have encountered and blocked a couple users who are antagonistic. If you encounter users who are continuously detracting from your experience here I suggest putting them on ignore.

NextSummer

NextSummer

Experienced
Mar 28, 2019
Sometimes I feel like the anti-life mentality much more annoying. "Friends? There can't be real friends, it's all fake. Love? Only a hormone thing, it's worse than drug addiction. Children? Children are just little self-absorbed future human monsters" and so on. I know it's due to depression and misery, but one has to acknowledge that it's ones own lifes that sucks while others enjoy living and it's fine.

Reactions: Faraway1990 and LongTimeComing
been_there

been_there

Life cares only for itself.
Jun 5, 2019
Roger, you seem very focused on the problems with this forum. It's the majority of posts I've seen from you. Why do you have such high expectations for it? Like it should only be comprised of highly intelligent, articulate, emotionally stable people who want to die but somehow are always perfectly composed?

People share their opinions as if they are facts on pretty much every Internet forum ever. That's not new. There is nothing here to suggest that posts on this forum are authoritative knowledge on how to CTB. You need to double check things for yourself. however, the posts here save you a lot of time. They are like shortcuts.

I personally am grateful I have this place to talk about CTB. And I wouldn't have my method without it.

I think there is more scammer paranoia than actual scammers.

Agree with @lululoo on this. Although Roger is right with the observations. Much the same as real life, where I've had to deal with these fools at times: "weirdos who get their kicks from encouraging others to attempt."

Dead beat dad

Dead beat dad

Enlightened
Mar 5, 2019
A lot of us, the vast majority maybe, who contribute to this forum are mentally ill. so I suppose that we must accept and tolerate some odd ideas and posts, especially as the medical difficulties are frequently compounded by obvious immaturity.

I think though that there may very well be a sprinkling of covert propagandists. These may have several motives, the principal ones being (as I see it, and in no particular order):-

1. Pro-lifers who seek to dissuade us from attempting, by such methods as frightening the religious with tales of hell, or by seeding fear about the pain, impracticality and discomfort of several methods. I must admit that, as a fully fledged coward, I have become subsequently concerned about the effects of the two methods that I have personally prepared for.

2. Weirdo trolls who get off on low level masochism - seriously taking pleasure from the idea of self harming, often by ridiculously bizarre methods.

3. More weirdos who get their kicks from encouraging others to attempt. They know how to phrase their posts to mask their real intent, and to avoid falling foul of the Forum "No Encouragement" rules. Maybe some of these make unfounded comments about the ease and painlessness of some methods, to encourage attempts.

4. Pro-lifers who wish to damage the image of this forum by surreptitiously posting bizarre and unpleasant comments which can be used to harm the reputation of the Forum, making us seem like a bunch of crazies.

5. Fishers, who try to elicit information about new methods and sources of equipment/materials with a view to cutting off sources of supply.

6. Scammers - they are aware that we are probably not going to raise formal complaints after we have attempted to acquire stuff illegally.

And whilst I am on my high horse, I will have a go at those people who post "information" in an authoritative manner when in actual fact they know sod-all about the subject. By all means pass on hearsay, but be honest and make it clear that's what it is.

I shall now retire to my Air Raid Shelter.
The world is a sad and cruel place.
A place that a lot cannot tolerate, I've said this so many times before my brothers that the lament if so many is being tired of living but scared of dying.
There is no denying that what goes on here in discussion may be an attraction for the ghoulish elements the internet has to offer.
Imagine how much more peaceful the world would be if we could talk candidly about these things in real life.
Peace be with you brother.
DBD

Reactions: Soul and lululoo