WhatDoesTheFoxSay?

WhatDoesTheFoxSay?

Hold your head high, and your middle finger higher
Dec 25, 2020
Had a dream yesterday morning. Not good, not bad. Just...bizzare.

It began with me being sentenced to death, for God knows whatever reason. The condemned are given a choice: DIY, or leave it to the 'professionals'. Doesn't matter which you choose, you will die either way. I chose the former, and tried to hang myself in my own home. My mother was with me the whole time. Both of us have more or less come to terms with my (death) sentence. However, I just couldn't do it—my butterfingers and jittery hands kept me from tying a functional noose. Unable to meet the deadline, I was forced to apply for the latter option. I was then taken to the place where execution was carried out, and it was there that the finality of death dawned on me, as I wept and protested. My mother and I were both unwilling to leave each others' side. This went on for a while, until my brain decided it was time for me to wake up.

My mother is the only person on this Earth that I daresay, loves me unconditionally. It is no surprise that this dream is but another projection of my subconscious mind, of the bond between us. Perhaps for this reason, I can't just leave yet—I have a duty to fulfil. Until then, survival instinct can keep playing its trump card to keep me here.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: Black Sky, FuneralCry, stygal and 4 others
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
Dreams certainly are strange, but I tend to forget the specific details of mine as soon as I wake. I do know that I have nightmares though. I understand feeling as though you need stay alive for others, even know I couldn't do it. I wish you the best.

• Hugs
Reactions: WhatDoesTheFoxSay?
WhatDoesTheFoxSay?

WhatDoesTheFoxSay?

Hold your head high, and your middle finger higher
Dec 25, 2020
Dreams certainly are strange, but I tend to forget the specific details of mine as soon as I wake. I do know that I have nightmares though.
Same here. Pleasant or unpleasant, I don't recall my dreams unless they are particularly significant.

Last night I had another of those 'LiFe iS bEaUtIFuL' ones (SI is at it again). An old friend and I were at a lovely place with manicured gardens in bloom. We met up with our primary school teacher, who welcomed us with a bear hug. Her appearance is just as I remembered, albeit younger and with a full head of hair (her hair was thin back then).

Now I'm not a religious person, but it seemed to be too much of a coincidence. If God (she is a devout Christian) has not yet called her home, I do hope she's doing well and living her best life in retirement.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: FuneralCry
Soulless Angel

Soulless Angel

Did someone say Rum?
Jul 6, 2020
I loathe dreams, I used to call them nightmares, but I have no idea which is worse, the thoughts when I sleep or the reality of waking up. I remember my dreams well, and will often blog, I do wonder if the dreams have a hidden meaning, or are they just our minds trying to make sense of our waking thoughts and emotions and sharing the results in a bizzare and uncomfortable way

Reactions: WhatDoesTheFoxSay?