• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

L

LostMyWorld

Sep 1, 2021
Can someone explain to me how to buy Bitcoin or can I use my debit card at one of the Bitcoin machines & send money to another persons account?
I opened a Coinbase or Bitcoin app months ago but it said it would take a couple weeks to verify my account. Also you can buy 2 types of Bitcoin on it wth like one isn't enough to try and figure out. After I buy it do I need to open a wallet? Any info is appreciated, thanks, feel free to pm me.

Reactions: Crazy4u
Pluto

Pluto

Meowing to go out
Dec 27, 2020
There is only one Bitcoin (BTC) but I think there are other similar coins like Bitcoin Lite.

I opened a Binance account and after going through the process, was able to buy crypto using a credit card. Before sending anything, I downloaded Trust Wallet to my phone since it is not safe to send money to anyone directly from Binance. It was a bit of messing around but got there in the end!

I

Interloper

Jul 23, 2021
An exchange is probably the easiest, not anonymous though, unlike ATMs/in person if that is a concern. Most exchanges should allow wire transfers if you don't have a credit card. It's very volatile (you never know if it's going to take another nosedive) so make sure you don't sit on it for too long.

L

LostMyWorld

Sep 1, 2021
An exchange is probably the easiest, not anonymous though, unlike ATMs/in person if that is a concern. Most exchanges should allow wire transfers if you don't have a credit card. It's very volatile (you never know if it's going to take another nosedive) so make sure you don't sit on it for too long.
I will have the persons wallet number information, where to send the Bitcoin but that's it. I just need it for one purchase.
What's the difference in the top 2?
There is only one Bitcoin (BTC) but I think there are other similar coins like Bitcoin Lite.

I opened a Binance account and after going through the process, was able to buy crypto using a credit card. Before sending anything, I downloaded Trust Wallet to my phone since it is not safe to send money to anyone directly from Binance. It was a bit of messing around but got there in the end!
Do I want Bitcoin or Bitcoin cash? See pic

So I want BTC…thanks

Attachments

• BD538AC3-57E5-4F1A-B42F-979902915893.png
    BD538AC3-57E5-4F1A-B42F-979902915893.png
    716.9 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
I

Interloper

Jul 23, 2021
You will need an address yourself where your bitcoin will be stored, be it on an exchange or a personal wallet. And yes you need the top one (BTC). I think the second one was made to cash in on the BTC hype.

Last edited:
Reactions: Crazy4u
S

summers

Visionary
Nov 4, 2020
Easiest way:
1. Get a wallet app for your phone. I use mycelium, but there are others.
2. Buy the bitcoin using CashApp.
3. Transfer to your wallet (mycelium)
4. Buy what you want.

• Informative
Reactions: lofticries, Advisor321, Ticket 2 Heaven and 8 others
I

Interloper

Jul 23, 2021
Easiest way:
4. Buy what you want.

You can get them thru cashapp? man you americans have it easy :hmph: :blarg:

Reactions: Fragile
S

summers

Visionary
Nov 4, 2020
You can get them thru cashapp? man you americans have it easy :hmph: :blarg:
Outside of the US, search for local Bitcoin groups on Facebook. Join and post a group message that you would like to buy BTC for cash face to face.

I don't understand why people in other countries let their governments micromanage your lives so much. Who votes these assholes in?

• Informative
Reactions: Justsogone and Interloper
M

MusicToLogIn

Student
Sep 20, 2021
Easiest way:
4. Buy what you want.
Does that work in Germany too?
Don't know how to research that.
Thx.

starcrazy

starcrazy

Mage
Aug 14, 2021
Does that work in Germany too?
Don't know how to research that.
Thx.
CashApp isn't available in Europe. The easiest way is to buy from Kraken. Use SEPA transfer, not a credit/debit card (high fees). After verifying your identity and providing proof of residence, you have no limits on buying. Plus, you can purchase Monero there.

• Informative
Reactions: MusicToLogIn and Crazy4u
M

MusicToLogIn

Student
Sep 20, 2021
CashApp isn't available in Europe. The easiest way is to buy from Kraken. Use SEPA transfer, not a credit/debit card (high fees). After verifying your identity and providing proof of residence, you have no limits on buying. Plus, you can purchase Monero there.
On Kraken. Can I send the bought BTC to my phone wallet app? And then use my wallet to buy things.
Is that how it's done?

I

Interloper

Jul 23, 2021
On Kraken. Can I send the bought BTC to my phone wallet app? And then use my wallet to buy things.
Is that how it's done?
Yes. Kraken will put a hold on your funds for 72 hours after your first cash deposit, so keep that in mind before you make any deals.

starcrazy

starcrazy

Mage
Aug 14, 2021
Is that how it's done?
Of course, it's actually preferable to do it this way. But keep in mind that you pay a fee with every transcation. If you use not so popular coin, like xmr, fees are just a couple of cents.

M

MusicToLogIn

Student
Sep 20, 2021
Other questions that I have:
After I choose the crypto payment method on a vendors website, what happens after that.
Will I'll be given a Link or an address to send the BTC to. And how does the vendor know, that the payment was for my transaction and not some other transaction. When I have the BTC on my wallet will be there still some transaction fees? or just on Kraken for buying/sending BTC?
thanks in advance.

starcrazy

starcrazy

Mage
Aug 14, 2021
You'll have to pay fees for every transaction: purchasing, transfering between your wallets, transfering to other person's wallet. A vendor creates a brand new address for you to send funds to. I guess, if a vendor has a lot of orders, they give it a name and description to stay organised. Then they copy the address and ask you to send money to it. You also can give a description when you transfer, but Idk if the vendor will see it. There's a thread named 'Simple bitcoin guide for beginners' or smth like that. Practice with smaller funds, it's not scary at all.

Reactions: MusicToLogIn
L

LostMyWorld

Sep 1, 2021
Thanks everyone for the help. I figured it out but took a day straight with all the verifications. For anyone else wondering it takes time and time for all the money to be available. I suggest waiting until you have all the bitcoin available to send before emailing anyone. I had a 11 day hold for half the money/Bitcoin I needed to send. It isn't fast. Make sure all your information is correct and matches, your ID, Bank and information in the app and wallet all has to match.

I

InezSerrano

Experienced
Dec 3, 2021
Can someone explain to me how to buy Bitcoin or can I use my debit card at one of the Bitcoin machines & send money to another persons account?
I opened a Coinbase or Bitcoin app months ago but it said it would take a couple weeks to verify my account. Also you can buy 2 types of Bitcoin on it wth like one isn't enough to try and figure out. After I buy it do I need to open a wallet? Any info is appreciated, thanks, feel free to pm me.
I have done this two ways. One was in person using LibertyX, the other was mailing cash to a guy on localmonero.co and then converting the monero to bitcoin.

When I purchase using bitcoin, some are willing to wait, others at least want the transaction ID. Keep in mind bitcoin transactions take a long timen and cost a good amount. I generally use monero

L

LostMyWorld

Sep 1, 2021
Oh and of course don't forget to add extra for any fees. I only did Bitcoin with Coinbase app and wallet.

M

MusicToLogIn

Student
Sep 20, 2021
You'll have to pay fees for every transaction: purchasing, transfering between your wallets, transfering to other person's wallet. A vendor creates a brand new address for you to send funds to. I guess, if a vendor has a lot of orders, they give it a name and description to stay organised. Then they copy the address and ask you to send money to it. You also can give a description when you transfer, but Idk if the vendor will see it. There's a thread named 'Simple bitcoin guide for beginners' or smth like that. Practice with smaller funds, it's not scary at all.
The fees from Kraken to my wallet are automatically taken from my bank account or from the BTC that I bought?
And how are the fees taken from my personal wallet when I send BTC to the vendor? Or should I let my BTC stay on the Kraken wallet?

ClaireBear31

ClaireBear31

Just... why?
Jan 18, 2020
How long does it generally take for a deposit from my bank to clear Coinbase?? I initiated the process a week ago, did all the verification stuff,etc. The full amount shows as Assets in Coinbase but when I try to send BTC, it says "You can only send $33 today. To withdraw more, please wait for your bank transfers to complete."

Apologies in advance for my technological stupidity... this has been nerve-wracking.

starcrazy

starcrazy

Mage
Aug 14, 2021
The fees from Kraken to my wallet are automatically taken from my bank account or from the BTC that I bought?
And how are the fees taken from my personal wallet when I send BTC to the vendor? Or should I let my BTC stay on the Kraken wallet?
When transfering between wallets or from an exchange to your wallet, they take fees from your purchased BTC. They won't touch your credit/debit card.
I'm not an expert, but holding your crypto on an exchange platform is not considered a good idea. It can get hacked. Plus, sending from Kraken to your other wallet first before buying products helps to break the link between you and the vendor.
How long does it generally take for a deposit from my bank to clear Coinbase?? I initiated the process a week ago, did all the verification stuff,etc. The full amount shows as Assets in Coinbase but when I try to send BTC, it says "You can only send $33 today. To withdraw more, please wait for your bank transfers to complete."

Apologies in advance for my technological stupidity... this has been nerve-wracking.
Did you put correct reference number? I hope someone more knowledgeable can help you.

I faced a similar problem, I had limits on weekly purchase. After fucking with their support team for two days, I switched to Kraken.

Last edited:
ClaireBear31

ClaireBear31

Just... why?
Jan 18, 2020
Ahhh, thank you @catloaf . I really appreciate your willingness to help! Coinbase suggested I initiate a wire transfer instead, but I just found some tiny print on my bank's website that "an external account has to be linked for a minimum of 30 days" before they allow a Wire Transfer. I tried setting up Kraken also but the issue appears to lie with my bank's rules. Unfortunately, I am not able to open another account at a different bank due to certain circumstances...

I suppose I will just have to be patient. It took me almost a year to save up the money I need for this, so what's another month...

Last edited:
Reactions: starcrazy
M

MusicToLogIn

Student
Sep 20, 2021
Which phone wallet for me in Germany would you recommend?
And how are the fees from my phone wallet app are taken when sending to a vendors wallet? Who takes them? And what do they take (BTC)??

I

InezSerrano

Experienced
Dec 3, 2021
Which phone wallet for me in Germany would you recommend?
And how are the fees from my phone wallet app are taken when sending to a vendors wallet? Who takes them? And what do they take (BTC)??
I used Electrum with no issue. BTC fees are quite high. They take the transfer fee from your wallet.

_Seeking

_Seeking

I'm only here for this moment
Dec 16, 2021
I downloaded a Coinbase app, and was hoping to get to a crypto ATM tomorrow to transfer cash into my Coinbase, but I read it takes time for all this to be verified and I should do Monero? If I am paying cash, why would it take so long, as I don't want to use a bank account. My brain is hurting from this and now should I scrap it and start over trying to figure out Monero? Keep in mind I am beyond stupid with crypto.

Passersby

Passersby

Trapped in space and time
Aug 29, 2019
https://sanctioned-suicide.net/threads/simple-bitcoin-beginners-guide.26742/

I know this is a little old and can be a lot to read but hopefully it might help some. I feel it has some useful info in it. Good Luck!

_Seeking

_Seeking

I'm only here for this moment
Dec 16, 2021
Thank you for that, but I think I already fucked it up because I used coinbase and they will only allow me to buy $100 a week because I am a new account. I don't think there is any hope for me to do any better, I spent over 2 hours figuring this out and D won't do WU.

• Aww..
Reactions: Passersby
BrokenBliss

BrokenBliss

Invisible. Apparently.
Jan 11, 2022
Thank you for that, but I think I already fucked it up because I used coinbase and they will only allow me to buy $100 a week because I am a new account. I don't think there is any hope for me to do any better, I spent over 2 hours figuring this out and D won't do WU.
Did D say he wouldn't take WU from you?

M

MusicToLogIn

Student
Sep 20, 2021
Another question regarding Bitcoin.
How do you know how much Bitcoin you have to acquire when there are still fees taken from you wallet. And how much you have to send to the vendor. Do you calculate it?
Thanks.