Isadeth

Isadeth

Visionary
Jun 12, 2020
I've posted before regarding wanting to buy from a certain market. I'm still trying to navigate. The forums here have been less than helpful unfortunately. Some help, but not much as I don't understand them. Tech is not my strong point.

Here's what I know,

To purchase bitcoin I'll need to show proof of ID, at least I think. I'm pretty sure. All fine and good. Where do I keep it then?

I need to get tails to create pgp for me for messaging. Right?

Stay inside my country if I can help it due to customs.

What I don't know...

Which area/site is safest to purchase bitcoin?

Do I actually need a wallet?

Do I also need a VPN besides tor? I've read conflicting reports.

This has been driving me crazy. I just want to feel normal again. I just want relief. Is that too much to ask? I know I'm playing a risky game. I know what I order may or may not be what I think it is. I'm sticking to "pharmaceutical brand with packaging"... I know this can be faked. But it's better than receiving loose pills in a bag. So blister packs it is and only from vendors that are deemed trusted with great reviews.

Please, if I'm screwing up anything, please let me know. I'm such a newbie that it's scary and taking me a long time to figure it out. If you don't feel comfortable posting here, please private message me.

Thank you! I'm desperate.

• Hugs
Reactions: Deleted member 4993 and Ren Elsie Jewelria
Ren Elsie Jewelria

Ren Elsie Jewelria

I sneezed!
Aug 30, 2020
Hi, I wanted to invest some "monies" into crypto too but the more I read the less I understood.
Yes, you need a wallet.
I'd love some advice too, also, does it make sense to buy a bitcoin miner the computer?

Reactions: Deleted member 4993 and Isadeth
Isadeth

Isadeth

Visionary
Jun 12, 2020
Hi, I wanted to invest some "monies" into crypto too but the more I read the less I understood.
Yes, you need a wallet.
I'd love some advice too, also, does it make sense to buy a bitcoin miner the computer?
I've read such conflicting results that wallets are not needed (I could be very wrong lol) but like you, the more I read, the less I understood.

Isadeth

Isadeth

Visionary
Jun 12, 2020
Ugh okay. Back to tutorials I go. :( thank you for anyone that took the time to read it.

Ren Elsie Jewelria

Ren Elsie Jewelria

I sneezed!
Aug 30, 2020
Please let me know if you find something really interesting and useful. Thanks.

Reactions: Deleted member 4993 and Isadeth
Cherrypea

Cherrypea

I remember when all this will be again
May 3, 2020
I use coin base and not a separate wallet. Just buy what you need and transfer it to the DM you are using. You can transfer any surplus back to coin base. I don't use PGP as can't be arsed.

Reactions: Deleted member 4993, Isadeth and Ren Elsie Jewelria
Isadeth

Isadeth

Visionary
Jun 12, 2020
I use coin base and not a separate wallet. Just buy what you need and transfer it to the DM you are using. You can transfer any surplus back to coin base. I don't use PGP as can't be arsed.
I don't have to use pgp? Thank you so much for your reply!

• Hugs
Reactions: Deleted member 4993
Cherrypea

Cherrypea

I remember when all this will be again
May 3, 2020
Reactions: Ren Elsie Jewelria, Deleted member 4993 and Isadeth
Viro_Major

Viro_Major

Rad maker
Jul 30, 2020
PGP is independent of cryptocurrencies. PGP is encryption at the communication level but has nothing to do with payments.

To use solely the hot wallets of the exchanges to directly pay is not smart since the main merchant sites deploy powerful analysis tools that monitor towards which activity the funds are used. They could flag you, up to block your money, close the account or even report for suspicion of illegal activity.