iOnceFeltAlive

iOnceFeltAlive

Seeking peace
Jul 31, 2020
So I was looking at the guide to CTB through lethal heroin injection. Does anyone know any good alternative for Coinbase? I need a good bitcoin wallet. all the recent reviews are terrible for coinbase and it won't let me verify my account. I believe I need to scan a code in order to transfer the bitcoins to the empire market. Any help is appreciated! :)

TheNorthernSilence

TheNorthernSilence

Arcanist
Nov 13, 2018
Could you use a Bitcoin ATM? Chicago area should have those, I just checked. I know that the exchange rate sucks, but it could be more anonymous if it doesn't require any ID. And don't transfer the coins directly to the marketplace, create a wallet first; Mycelium for example. So the pattern would be: Bitcoin ATM -> Mycelium Wallet -> Marketplace. Bitpanda could be another alternative to Coinbase/Bitcoin ATM. Learning about Monero (XMR) provides even more security.

• Informative
  • Love
Reactions: occamsrazor, Viro_Major, autumnal and 1 other person
Cherrypea

Cherrypea

I remember when all this will be again
May 3, 2020
I use coin base with no issues but it look loads of attempts to verify my account.

Reactions: Ghettofunk
iOnceFeltAlive

iOnceFeltAlive

Seeking peace
Jul 31, 2020
I use coin base with no issues but it look loads of attempts to verify my account.
Yeah every time I try to click next to get past the employment part it always says: oops, something went wrong. How did u get past that part?

E

Emily123

Arcanist
May 28, 2019
you can buy bitcoin from coinmama but you need to create your personal wallet first using electrum . electrum is a software that you need to install on your laptop or phone and it gives you your personal wallet . Then you can send the bitcoin that you bought from coinmama to your wallet and do whatever you want with it

Reactions: autumnal and iOnceFeltAlive
iOnceFeltAlive

iOnceFeltAlive

Seeking peace
Jul 31, 2020
you can buy bitcoin from coinmama but you need to create your personal wallet first using electrum . electrum is a software that you need to install on your laptop or phone and it gives you your personal wallet . Then you can send the bitcoin that you bought from coinmama to your wallet and do whatever you want with it
I can't use electrum since all I have is an iPhone. I don't really have access to a computer.

restingspot

restingspot

Lucid Dreamer
May 30, 2019
I used Abra and the only problems I've had with it were minor and came from my bank's side with regards to buying Bitcoin. It usually resolved itself within the day though.

E

Emily123

Arcanist
May 28, 2019
I can't use electrum since all I have is an iPhone. I don't really have access to a computer.
Android has the electrum app but i am not sure about iphone. In this case you can google for crpto companies that give you a personal wallet . just check their reviews before selecting one of them

iOnceFeltAlive

iOnceFeltAlive

Seeking peace
Jul 31, 2020
I used Abra and the only problems I've had with it were minor and came from my bank's side with regards to buying Bitcoin. It usually resolved itself within the day though.
So all I have to do is buy the bitcoins through abra then I can transfer it directly to the market?

restingspot

restingspot

Lucid Dreamer
May 30, 2019
So all I have to do is buy the bitcoins through abra then I can transfer it directly to the market?
Yes. IDK how E.M. works but the way I made a purchase, I bought bitcoin through Abra (it'll take you somewhere else, you fill in your info and put in your CC or whatever), wrestle with your bank until they let the purchase through, then wait a bit because Abra will send you an email saying that they're working on it. Maybe 20 minutes, an hour at most you get your bitcoin. Then whereever you're buying you'll either make a transfer (AKA a purchase) of bitcoin from your wallet to whereever you're buying or use the QR code.

I have never used QR codes in any way, shape, or form in my life so I'm essentially in the dark at this point.

iOnceFeltAlive

iOnceFeltAlive

Seeking peace
Jul 31, 2020
Ok so this is a real pain. Every time I try to verify my information something goes wrong and it doesn't let me actually buy any bitcoins. I might just have to go to a bitcoin atm and transfer it into my wallet like that. Why is this so confusing??

restingspot

restingspot

Lucid Dreamer
May 30, 2019
Ok so this is a real pain. Every time I try to verify my information something goes wrong and it doesn't let me actually buy any bitcoins. I might just have to go to a bitcoin atm and transfer it into my wallet like that. Why is this so confusing??
Are you using a debit or credit card? Do you have either switched on? I know some banks will let you toggle your card on/off and it'll even have a separate toggle for international purchases.

Seems like the ATM is the best bet.

Reactions: iOnceFeltAlive
iOnceFeltAlive

iOnceFeltAlive

Seeking peace
Jul 31, 2020
Are you using a debit or credit card? Do you have either switched on? I know some banks will let you toggle your card on/off and it'll even have a separate toggle for international purchases.

Seems like the ATM is the best bet.

I try to use my debit card but all of the apps I've tried there are either extra security precautions I have to do or I just don't have access to those features. If I go to a bitcoin atm will I be able to easily get the bitcoins on my abra wallet? Or any other wallet for that matter? And will I be able to transfer the funds on to the empire market without any further verification?

restingspot

restingspot

Lucid Dreamer
May 30, 2019
I try to use my debit card but all of the apps I've tried there are either extra security precautions I have to do or I just don't have access to those features. If I go to a bitcoin atm will I be able to easily get the bitcoins on my abra wallet? Or any other wallet for that matter? And will I be able to transfer the funds on to the empire market without any further verification?
I've never used a bitcoin ATM before, only Abra. From my (very, very basic) understanding of bitcoin you will never get it "instantly," as it has to go through a process of mining/hashing in order to retrieve and send it to your wallet. I have no clue why your information or your card won't go through. Make sure to check your bank transactions and see if your bitcoin transactions are there (and summarily refunded if your card is declined) or if they aren't there at all.

iOnceFeltAlive

iOnceFeltAlive

Seeking peace
Jul 31, 2020
I've never used a bitcoin ATM before, only Abra. From my (very, very basic) understanding of bitcoin you will never get it "instantly," as it has to go through a process of mining/hashing in order to retrieve and send it to your wallet. I have no clue why your information or your card won't go through. Make sure to check your bank transactions and see if your bitcoin transactions are there (and summarily refunded if your card is declined) or if they aren't there at all.
It's weird the app itself is acting up a lot. When I try to enter the information it just says abra isn't working/ I don't have access to those features
It's weird the app itself is acting up a lot. When I try to enter the information it just says abra isn't working/ I don't have access to those features
Or it says Abra temporarily unavailable

restingspot

restingspot

Lucid Dreamer
May 30, 2019

Or it says Abra temporarily unavailable
I've never had that problem before, but I also have an Android so idk if the app has more problems on an iPhone or not. I wouldn't think so. Do you have a normal bank card? Wells Fargo, Citizen's Bank/Mastercard, Visa, etc.?

• Love
Reactions: iOnceFeltAlive
Cherrypea

Cherrypea

I remember when all this will be again
May 3, 2020
Yeah every time I try to click next to get past the employment part it always says: oops, something went wrong. How did u get past that part?
Actually I don't remember that bit, it was uploading my passport that nearly finished me. I had to do it on the laptop but still took multiple attempts.
I only download the app once I had an account

iOnceFeltAlive

iOnceFeltAlive

Seeking peace
Jul 31, 2020
I've never had that problem before, but I also have an Android so idk if the app has more problems on an iPhone or not. I wouldn't think so. Do you have a normal bank card? Wells Fargo, Citizen's Bank/Mastercard, Visa, etc.?
Thanks a lot for you help.

Reactions: restingspot