Throwawaysoul

Throwawaysoul

Mage
May 14, 2018

For those that don't know.

Section 230 of the Communications Decency Act, which was passed in 1996, says an "interactive computer service" can't be treated as the publisher or speaker of third-party content. This protects websites from lawsuits if a user posts something illegal, although there are exceptions for pirated and prostitution-related material

• Wow
Reactions: foxdie
Donk

Donk

Useless since day 1
Jan 3, 2020
Congress didn't take much time bailing out Big Corporations yet they are bitchin' bout $2000 stimulus bill. Yeah I'm including Nancy Pelosi and her crew. smh

Reactions: Fragile, demuic and foxdie
G

Ghost2211

Archangel
Jan 20, 2020
I really need that check, but not at the cost of freedom.

• Hugs
Reactions: BitterlyAlive_ and foxdie
Throwawaysoul

Throwawaysoul

Mage
May 14, 2018
wdym by "cost of freedom"?
Meaning, the content we post on the internet will be heavily restricted. Very company would have to censor everything from speech, to negative product comments at the risk of being sued. Cloudfare would also have to reveal the provider of these site.

Reactions: 262653, BitterlyAlive_, Fragile and 4 others
F

foxdie

Got my ticket
Aug 18, 2020
Wow, multi-millionares denying $2000 dollars in aid to people who desperately need it. Not surprising tho, I've heard McConnell described as the gravedigger of democracy before. Things like this prove there is no god for me.

• Hugs
Reactions: MindFrog, BitterlyAlive_ and Ghost2211
Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020
I really hope Section 230 doesn't get repealed. I'd even take not getting $2000 but that's probably just me being selfish.

F

foxdie

Got my ticket
Aug 18, 2020
Have some more bad news... This made me actually lol for once.

Screenshot 20201230 072816

• Love
Reactions: clueless2dayor2morro, Throwawaysoul, Isadeth and 2 others
D

Deleted member 14573

Feb 2, 2020
Mitch McConnell is the biggest monster in US politics.

• Love
Reactions: Throwawaysoul, BitterlyAlive_ and foxdie
Brick In The Wall

Brick In The Wall

2M Or Not 2B.
Oct 30, 2019
I'm not shocked, there's always some caveat with government assistance. Everytime they offer help my butthole puckers up cause I know I'm about to get fucked.

Reactions: foxdie and BitterlyAlive_
BitterlyAlive_

BitterlyAlive_

-
Dec 8, 2020
I'm not shocked, there's always some caveat with government assistance. Everytime they offer help my butthole puckers up cause I know I'm about to get fucked.
Yeah, I wonder if we'll have to pay taxes on that one-time $1200. It seems like any sort of assistance we get in this stupid country ends up fucking us over anyway

• Hugs
Reactions: foxdie, demuic and Brick In The Wall
NumbItAll

NumbItAll

expendable
May 20, 2018
TBH it was much more appalling to allow PUA to lapse for half a year, but this induces more of a visceral reaction for most people. It will be interesting to see how it affects the Georgia runoffs.