SadHoe

SadHoe

Nov 11, 2018
so like 3 days ago I started feeling low and anxious bc my birthday was about to be. I must say I hate my birthday bc I feel unworthy of a celebration, it's not easy for me and today my mom had the nerve to tell me that I hurt her feelings bc I don't like ppl singing happy birthday to me. I know I shouldn't blame her but its too much for me. Anyway, I ended up receiving good gifts and my bestie even sent me flowers (she knows my birthday by memory and we always send each other gifts) but I felt some anger when my mom and me were doing the food while my stepdad and brother were playing video games bc I felt that was part of a shitty gender role I don't encourage. Anyway, when the day ended (literally 12am) I felt relieved.
does this happen to you guys?

• Hugs
Reactions: Deleted member 17331 and FusRohDracarys
Deleted member 17949

Deleted member 17949

Visionary
May 9, 2020
I don't do lots to celebrate my birthday because I don't really want to celebrate it much. Me and my family usually go out to get some food somewhere and I get a few gifts, that's all. I do often wish it was ignored but I can't really make that happen.

Happy birthday anyway, congratulations on surviving another year.

• Hugs
Reactions: Deleted member 17331
F

FusRohDracarys

But what do I know
Mar 31, 2020
Yes. I've had some really negative experiences on my birthdays in the past so now I kind of dread that time of year. I usually turn my phone off and avoid talking to anyone. It's more stressful than anything else, really.

• Love
Reactions: Deleted member 17331
SoIntoYou

SoIntoYou

Pillowman
Jul 9, 2020
For some people, especially some people here, their birth isn't something they want to celebrate.