Darkover

Darkover

Angelic
Jul 29, 2021
First off, "you" were already "dead" (non-existent) before you were alive. "You" didn't exist, then "You" came to exist, despite previous non-existence. So after death, "you" simply transition back into the same state of non-existence that you were in before you were born. Which means you can come to exist again as it's already been proven to happen and would inevitably happen again because anything that CAN happen will happen given enough time.

I think the fact that we didn't exists and then suddenly came into being, is proof in itself that it could happen again after death. I think our ego, or who we are dies yes and that's forever. But whatever all living beings are it is the same thing. As long as there are living beings in the universe we are never really dead.

Last edited:
Reactions: Finalnight, doormat25 and matt1968
JOkE2109

JOkE2109

Student
Dec 18, 2023
Yeah, I think about this stuff a lot. I really hope this isn't the truth, but if it is, I just hope I don't come back as a human. This species is totally fucked.

Reactions: Sageiois, Umacon, Finalnight and 1 other person
Darkover

Darkover

Angelic
Jul 29, 2021
Yeah, I think about this stuff a lot. I really hope this isn't the truth, but if it is, I just hope I don't come back as a human. This species is totally fucked.
me too i never want to exist ever again i've seen what the universe does to life and i want no part in it it's atrocious

Last edited:
F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
Maybe there'll be an upside- maybe if consciousness comes to inhabit AI one day, you'll get to reincarnate as something with far greater computing power. šŸ˜‰

Personally, I wonder if I was a better dinnosaur. How come no one remembers being a dinnosaur?

I really don't go for this reincarnation thing to be honest. I mean, it's possible I guess but- why is state A (unborn) turning into state B (life) turning into state C (death) proof that states A and C are the same? We don't know enough about either state to know for sure.

Why are babies so stupid? If they have many life times worth of consciousnesses in them- how come they can't do much at all?

If you do believe in reincarnation- do you believe in the teachings of Buddhism? Do you think there's a way to break the cycle and be free? I don't completely not believe but I don't see much 'proof'.

Someone brought up the interesting subject of cloning the other day. If scientists cloned you- would that clone be you? Would you suddenly be living through your eyes and theirs? Would you have a dual identity? I'd imagine not. They would be like you but- not you. So- did they receive someone else's soul? I don't know. I guess none of it is impossible but- if it's going to happen either way- whether we die of natural death or CTB- there's not much we can do about it really! Just hope for better next time round, obey whatever religion you think might help you out or better still- hope that there's nothing after this!

Tears in Rain

Tears in Rain

Dec 12, 2023
First off, "you" were already "dead" (non-existent) before you were alive. "You" didn't exist, then "You" came to exist, despite previous non-existence. So after death, "you" simply transition back into the same state of non-existence that you were in before you were born. Which means you can come to exist again as it's already been proven to happen and would inevitably happen again because anything that CAN happen will happen given enough time.

I think the fact that we didn't exists and then suddenly came into being, is proof in itself that it could happen again after death. I think our ego, or who we are dies yes and that's forever. But whatever all living beings are it is the same thing. As long as there are living beings in the universe we are never really dead.

You've changed your tune, I thought you said previously that you don't believe in reincarnation?
Seems like @odetoad has influenced you, maybe you're not am NPC after all, like he said you were!šŸ˜„ ( I think that dude got banned!).

Cool tune, I've never heard of Deadmau5 before.

Last edited:
Finalnight

Finalnight

Cbting 07/03/24, love you all.
Aug 16, 2023

Do you think there's a possibility we'll be the same person, with the same exact life over again? I absolutely do not want to be me, NEVER again!

Darkover

Darkover

Angelic
Jul 29, 2021
Do you think there's a possibility we'll be the same person, with the same exact life over again? I absolutely do not want to be me, NEVER again!
No you would be a completely new person maybe even a rat or a dog or a cat or shark or cow or human and can be born anywhere else in the universe that harbours complex life

Last edited:
Reactions: doormat25
Finalnight

Finalnight

Cbting 07/03/24, love you all.
Aug 16, 2023
No you would be a completely new person maybe even a rat or a dog or a cat or shark or cow or human and can be born anywhere else in the universe that harbours complex life
Hopefully, still, it's far more preferable the idea of not existing

Reactions: Darkover