Chupacabra 44

Chupacabra 44

If boredom were a CTB method, I would be long gone
Sep 13, 2020
Not that it's a competition but I have bipolar 1; but, if it were a competition what would I win?

Tried about 13 meds targeting the bipolar with zero efficacy until I tried Zyprexa. It works great for keeping me out of hypomania/mania or reducing the duration and intensity of my episodes.

After experimentation, I discovered with lots of MINDFULNESS (big plug - try it) that I can function decent taking Zyprexa prn. Been doing this for about 4 years.

I am 100% happy with my strategy of taking Zyprexa as an effective approach for "the ups", but I'm thinking of seeking an add-on for what might be considered dysthymia and/or anhedonia.

Luckily, my depression typically is extremely shallow compared to most others with bipolar depression. I'm trying to decide what med I could potentially add daily in order to try and raise my baseline mood away from "meh".

Anyone have any recommendations what to consider taking based on experience or otherwise?

FYI, I don't necessarily recommend meds to others and I have tried essentially every non med option I could research and implement. I like to recommend non-medical options first, ideally, for most people.

Thanks for any recommendations.

• Hugs
Reactions: Beeper and puppy9
BPD Barbie

BPD Barbie

Visionary
Dec 1, 2019
I take an antipsychotic called Aripiprazole for my bipolar and borderline personality disorder. I also take an antidepressant called Sertraline. I have tried lamotrigine in the past but had to stop it as I developed a rash. I've also tried most antidepressants over the years, Citalopram, Mirtazipine etc. The combo I'm on now seem the most effective but I'm considering stopping the antidepressant as I don't like how it makes me feel, no enjoyment in anything, no sex drive etc.

• Hugs
Reactions: Metalhead, puppy9 and Chupacabra 44