F

freedommatrix

Dec 19, 2019
My Christmas has been pretty shit with my parents threatening to kick me out. I'm trying my best and they say they'll give me 3 months to the summer to get a job/get into college. I was on medication but it run out and of course, no job to buy it despite it being quite cheap and I need to be medicated to be able to work, a catch-22.

Anyone have any ideas? I live in Ireland so being homeless fucking sucks. Dublin was rated as the worst city for housing.

• Aww..
Reactions: Cevapcici, Final Escape and puppy9
ThingWithFeathers

ThingWithFeathers

Student
Sep 23, 2019
Where all have you tried to get a job? Have you tried government agencies and NGOs who assist unemployed people get a job? Have you had any interviews? How do you dress up and have you taken any advice from a "job agency"?

Reactions: protonic76 and Cevapcici
F

Final Escape

I’ve been here too long
Jul 8, 2018
Normally I would not say this but can u join the military? I'm not a fan of anyone doing that but because u are in a situation of limited choices. It's probably not your only option but it's one possible one. But just know that if u get out of military it's kind of hard to get back into the regular world because they pay for a lot of your living expenses and it's harder to make it in a non government job.

Last edited:
Reactions: Cevapcici
ThingWithFeathers

ThingWithFeathers

Student
Sep 23, 2019
Normally I would not say this but can u join the military? I'm not a fan of anyone doing that but because u are in a situation of limited choices.

Keep in mind though that military may be detrimental to people with mental health issues. The discipline, rough environment, physical stress, exposure to violence or violent methods may worsen the symptoms.

• Love
Reactions: protonic76 and Final Escape
F

Final Escape

I’ve been here too long
Jul 8, 2018
Keep in mind though that military may be detrimental to people with mental health issues. The discipline, rough environment, physical stress, exposure to violence or violent methods may worsen the symptoms.
Right, scratch that. Yea nevermind. You're right.
Are u really good at anything? Natural talents? Something people praise u for a lot.

Last edited:
Reactions: ThingWithFeathers
C

Cevapcici

Student
Dec 30, 2018
It's pretty fucked up that your family won't financially help you with medication...but I'm not surprised at this point. It's toxic family situations season after all...!
I don't know how good or bad is the situation with public healthcare in Ireland, but can't you get your medication through a social worker, charity organisation or something ?

If you're a young girl, you could try to give out your curriculum to baby-sitting agencies, I guess. If you're a guy, you can apply for more manual jobs... construction,ect. And, depending on how much your symptoms affect your possibilities to function properly in not so friendly environments - I think considering enrolling in the army as suggested above , or joining the law enforcement ( which is already more manageable, and less restrictive than the army *edit : those are jobs that provide you with good housing options in my country , ) might be an option to consider - I personally regret not doing this, impulsive, uncalculated decisions and the resulting poverty only made my mental health worse. But again, doing things that are not necessarily in line with your values out of despair isn't for everyone. Make sure you are at peace with yourself if you're making radical decisions...

But I'ts quite a pity you're not considering college as an option.... wouldn't you have housing options on campus as a student or something along those lines... ? Or you just don't have the necessary energy/ self-confidence to give it a try :/ ?

Last edited:
Reactions: Final Escape and puppy9
Sensei

Sensei

剣道家
Nov 4, 2019
OP, it's very interesting that you say that you're bipolar. In this post you didn't mention it all.