Deleted member 19654

Deleted member 19654

Working towards recovery.
Jul 9, 2020
I have some self harm scars and a load of ugly stretch marks to get rid of. Has anybody had good experiences using bio oil to get rid of them? Or are there any other creams/oils that you would recommend? Thanks.

• Hugs
Reactions: lobster salad, Élégie, Silvermorning and 4 others
Studio84

Studio84

Archangel
Sep 7, 2020
A relative of mine had some pretty major surgery on his leg which left a pretty large scar, he used bio oil on it and it reduced it a hell of a lot.He used it as soon as he could when the stitches were taken out though so I'm not sure if that helped with it being a fresh scar.Maybe castor oil could help?

Reactions: lobster salad, Silvermorning and Jumper Geo
SweetSurrender

SweetSurrender

Oct 30, 2020
I'm afraid I haven't had luck with bio oil. But everyone is different.

• Hugs
Reactions: puppy9, Deleted member 19654 and Jumper Geo
Deleted member 19654

Deleted member 19654

Jul 9, 2020
A relative of mine had some pretty major surgery on his leg which left a pretty large scar, he used bio oil on it and it reduced it a hell of a lot.He used it as soon as he could when the stitches were taken out though so I'm not sure if that helped with it being a fresh scar.Maybe castor oil could help?
I will have a look into castor oil. Thanks

C

Craig31ldn

Student
Oct 22, 2020
Laser and steriods injections

Reactions: Silvermorning, SweetSurrender, GoneGoneGone and 1 other person
Deleted member 19654

Deleted member 19654

Jul 9, 2020
Reactions: Studio84
Studio84

Studio84

Archangel
Sep 7, 2020
Time to get myself some castor oil to get rid of the stretch marks on my thighs and bum
Good luck hope it helps you out...its a very thick gooey kind of oil, I know some people who use it in there hair mix it with coconut oil or almond oil.

Reactions: lobster salad, GoneGoneGone and Deleted member 19654
D

Deleted member 1465

_
Jul 31, 2018
Time to get myself some castor oil to get rid of the stretch marks on my thighs and bum

That would be quite expensive though wouldn't it?
Ironically, the castor oil plant produces fruit that is incredibly lethal, being full of ricin. However, it is most definitely NOT a viable way to CTB, being unpredictable and extremely painful, as most plant toxins are.
Interestingly, I have several seeds from this plant that I'm storing to plant next spring.

Reactions: lobster salad, XYZ and Deleted member 19654
G

GoneGoneGone

Enlightened
Apr 1, 2020
Gosh I read "boil oil"

Reactions: XYZ and Deleted member 19654
Studio84

Studio84

Archangel
Sep 7, 2020
Ironically, the castor oil plant produces fruit that is incredibly lethal, being full of ricin. However, it is most definitely NOT a viable way to CTB, being unpredictable and extremely painful, as most plant toxins are.
Interestingly, I have several seeds from this plant that I'm storing to plant next spring.
It was apparently used as a torture device by mussollini...
"Mussolini's thugs had a brilliant idea to feed a whole bottle of castor oil to their victims and watch as diarrhea strikes.

The torture was very humiliating, and that was its main goal. It allowed the torturers to ridicule their victim and show them that they have full control of their body. However, lasting diarrhea could easily dehydrate the victims, and there were instances of their death."

• Aww..
Reactions: lobster salad, Silvermorning, antigone_iris and 1 other person
Deleted member 19654

Deleted member 19654

Jul 9, 2020
Are they raised or flat scars?
They're flat scars
It was apparently used as a torture device by mussollini...
"Mussolini's thugs had a brilliant idea to feed a whole bottle of castor oil to their victims and watch as diarrhea strikes.

The torture was very humiliating, and that was its main goal. It allowed the torturers to ridicule their victim and show them that they have full control of their body. However, lasting diarrhea could easily dehydrate the victims, and there were instances of their death."
Death by diarrhoea sounds like a fun way to go...

Reactions: Studio84
D

Deleted member 1465

_
Jul 31, 2018
They're flat scars

Death by diarrhoea sounds like a fun way to go...
I have a gif for that courtesy of @nitrogen but I'm going to refrain from posting it because eeeuwww.

Reactions: Deleted member 19654
D

Deleted member 1465

_
Jul 31, 2018
You have a gif of diarrhoea? Lol why
I'd refer you to @nitrogen but she left. As to why...long painful story best approached with dubious gifs in attempt at humour to stave off horrible medical circumstances :/

Reactions: Deleted member 19654
BPD Barbie

BPD Barbie

Visionary
Dec 1, 2019

This link has loads of different oils for scarring and has a handy dandy table at the bottom of the page as well.

• Love
Reactions: Silvermorning and Deleted member 19654
puppy9

puppy9

au revoir
Jun 13, 2019
Vitamin E oil is good, at least for me. I use it to get rid of my pimple scars, and I can see progress. But now I'm broke so I can't afford it so no further updates.

Good Luck :heart: :hug: :heart:

• Hugs
Reactions: Silvermorning, Deleted member 19654 and SweetSurrender
Lilja

Lilja

Aug 8, 2020
Personally wouldn't waste my money on Bio-Oil or alike.

As far as I'm aware, the only ingredients scientifically proven to improve the appearance of scars or stretch marks are Retinol and Hyaluronic Acid (best to lock in with a silicone based cream or plain Vaseline). Topicals can only do so much, anything beyond a certain point calls for laser procedures.
Products which promise to get rid of scars/stretch marks are generally just overpriced gimmicks that, at best, don't do anything that a basic body moisturiser can't do. Which, I assume, might still improve one's skin, scars or stretch marks if they haven't been using a moisturiser before.

Reactions: Silvermorning and Deleted member 19654
P

Pharmaruined

Nobody gets out alive
Sep 10, 2020
I have some self harm scars and a load of ugly stretch marks to get rid of. Has anybody had good experiences using bio oil to get rid of them? Or are there any other creams/oils that you would recommend? Thanks.

Check out dermarolling or micro needling. I've used it on my face it's pretty amazing..

• Love
Reactions: Silvermorning, Studio84 and Deleted member 19654
nitrogen

nitrogen

Schrödinger's cat
Nov 5, 2019
I'd refer you to @nitrogen but she left. As to why...long painful story best approached with dubious gifs in attempt at humour to stave off horrible medical circumstances :/
I'm not completely gone but briefly log in about once a month, lurking only.

@Maxtothemax It's something like this: @Underscore 's always twatty looking avatar creature + gif + monster about to devour the creature
-------------------------------------- Screen Shot 2020 11 20 at 84425 AM
gif

------------------------------------------- Screen Shot 2020 11 20 at 90913 AM

Your science education of the day: Chickens (and other birds) always have watery stool cuz their pee and poop come out at the same time from the cloaca.

Alright, back to lurking

• Love
Reactions: Silvermorning, Deleted member 1465 and Deleted member 19654
D

Deleted member 1465

_
Jul 31, 2018
I'm not completely gone but briefly log in about once a month, lurking only.

@Maxtothemax It's something like this: @Underscore 's always twatty looking avatar creature + gif + monster about to devour the creature
--------------------------------------View attachment 51495
gif

-------------------------------------------View attachment 51498

Your science education of the day: Chickens (and other birds) always have watery stool cuz their pee and poop come out at the same time from the cloaca.

Alright, back to lurking
Thanks @nitrogen that's just what I needed. On point as ever, even if only lurking. Seriously though, glad you are okay. :heart:

Reactions: azucaramargo
Silvermorning

Silvermorning

The polar bears made me do it
Oct 10, 2020
I only found tattoos , and several , in different sessions, to be effective to hide them , 25 years later and still they are there,keloid, flat, stitched, you name it.

(Warning: do not click if you find scars triggering)
Strech marks, before they turn white, maybe castor can help a bit. Once they change color they are there forever.

We are all made of scars, dont't let that worry you too much.
Hugs.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: lobster salad and Deleted member 19654
blackwidow92

blackwidow92

Nov 18, 2020
I had a scar from getting scalded on my arm and the best thing for it was palmers cocoa butter, the solid one in a round tub, cleared it right up.

Reactions: Deleted member 19654, Silvermorning and TattiQueen
TattiQueen

TattiQueen

Student
Sep 12, 2020
I have used bio oil in the past, and loved it. It does reduce the appearance of scars and stretch marks. I have three kids, although I lucked out and had very minimal scarring as a result, the few I did attain were reduced as well. I recommend it highly , and it wouldn't hurt to also use cocoa butter. They both also moisturize your skin very well, so you'll have extra benefits from use.

• Love
Reactions: Deleted member 19654 and Silvermorning
É

Élégie

Student
Sep 24, 2019
I've tried so many things to get rid of my stretch marks: bio-oil, cocoa butter, sweet almond oil, rosehip oil, Fraxel laser treatments, microdermabrasion, etc. Unfortunately, nothing has worked. It's quite frustrating.

Antigonish

Antigonish

Mage
Sep 19, 2020
I tried natural remedies, like honey and olive oil, very stick and smelly but super satisfying to wash off. It reduced some of older scars, but haven't tried anything since. So it works, but you do know there isn't a 100 full proof way if getting rid of scars. They're there for life, unfortunately, but more so the self inflicted ones. But yet pm me sometime I'd like to talk. I'm trying to stop cutting and wonder if you still are. It such a rare thing to have in common with anyone.
I only found tattoos , and several , in different sessions, to be effective to hide them , 25 years later and still they are there,keloid, flat, stitched, you name it.

(Warning: do not click if you find scars triggering)
Strech marks, before they turn white, maybe castor can help a bit. Once they change color they are there forever.

We are all made of scars, dont't let that worry you too much.
Hugs.

Take no offense. But I think I'm in love. Thought I was the only one with a marked arm. It may sound weird but do you still self harm. I like it and although i wanna stop but only because the way people look when they notice. IDK...

Last edited:
BRAINWORMS

BRAINWORMS

dust to dust
Jul 20, 2020
Bio Oil has made my scars a little bit better. They're still visible, but not as angry-looking, if that makes sense. It smells really nice and the ritual of applying it is soothing.