genericuser

genericuser

Student
Feb 9, 2022
Does anyone have any advice on how to stop binge eating? I've been using food as a coping mechanism for the past few months and I'm sure it has taken a toll on my health. I'm also gaining weight which is destroying my confidence. I'm constantly eating and thinking about all the food I have in the house. When I'm finished eating a meal or snack, I start thinking about everything else I could eat and then I act impulsively and eat the food I'm thinking of. I feel like I have no control around food and I'm not sure what I should do. It's really hard for me to stop and I eat until I'm about to feel sick.

• Hugs
Reactions: allesistgut, Crazy4u, Deleted member 8975 and 1 other person
Bone

Bone

Sad Sack
Jul 29, 2021
I've struggled with this off and on for years. Waver between being a 10-15k or even half marathon runner and being obese. Only thing thats worked for me is a combination of radical diet changes and exercise. Right now im like almost 75 lbs overweight so....I feel you.
Diet-I am exactly the same way with eating. I eat until I get sick and have even been developing bad heartburn recently. It's always come down to just not having any unhealthy or processed food around. Big-ass things of organic baby greens that I'll feel bad about wasting money on is a good way to get me to eat veggies. No snacks or desserts, period. Zero cheese. I basically have to go cold turkey and just have nothing around that I really crave. Eventually my cravings change to healthier things.
Exercise-starting light but doing something every day, even if just stretching and leg lifts, etc. jogging in place a bit, whatever. just always try to do something rather than just sit around or lay around always. Always try to do a bit more than the day before.

Rooting for you!

• Hugs
Reactions: allesistgut and genericuser
G

Gsvko

Mea culpa.
Dec 14, 2021
I've done intensive therapy for eating disorders for over a year and a half, some/many things in it I found to be bullshit, but they've had a transdiagnostic approach and I liked that. I hate that I can't recommend a book because it's only in italian. I almost want to fully translate it myself out of frustration.
They've taught us structure. So in beginning we'do do generic portions until we build up to intuitive eating. Five meals a day, about same time. If you binge, don't skip the next meal. Point is wiring your brain so it knows there'll be food, it's hard not to restrict after a binge but recommended in recovery. Eating disorders are so much more than just food and body, I'm not an expert but sounds like you have at least disordered eating.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
D

Deleted member 8975

Here's a good way that works. Spend the money you would for binging/food on random digital content ^_^ Videos. Books. Games. Music. Whatever. Just spend it on digital stuff instead and…POOF! Binging has evolved into NOTHING! do, do, do, DO do!

• Hugs