• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

RottenOdysseus

RottenOdysseus

θᾰ́νᾰτος
Feb 25, 2019
I eat a lot tbh. Its slowing down atm a little bit (I'm too depressed to get food a lot) but I still eat a lot compared to everyone else. Its literally my only cope now, its even better than drugs. I want to slow down with the eating more but I have literally no other copes to replace with it. I want to pick up smoking again but without being able to smoke inside its next to impossible to quit binge eating. Drinking is a good cope as well but its expensive and I'm too young to get it on my own (I'm 20), though it still makes you fat ):<. I hate how all the good copes fuck you over in the end.

Reactions: lululoo, throwaway777, Minudah and 4 others
meaningisgone

meaningisgone

Student
Feb 17, 2019
I binge eat. I have on-and-off since I was a teenager (almost 38 now). I've slowed down a bit lately because I can't afford it, but still over-indulge when I have the opportunity. It's repugnant how much food I can put down at once. I also drink once in a while and sometimes think about going back to smoking, but I'd get a lot of shit for it where I live. Same reason I don't do my drug of choice anymore, it causes a lot of tension in the household. Plus, I've gained so much weight over these past few years and have such a high tolerance anyway, that I have to take way too much to get anything good out of it. So, I just eat. I'm in the worst shape of my life, but as you say, it is a reliable coping mechanism. I'd love to stop doing this to myself once and for all. In my late twenties I was in extremely good shape, and then I've been in a yo yo pattern ever since. But these past few years it truly got out of control due to depression, hopelessness, and really sort of giving up on myself. I wish you the best.

Reactions: TheCrow, lululoo, FTL.Wanderer and 1 other person
Jacquelyn

Jacquelyn

hellworld_kickflip888
Feb 23, 2019
Surprisingly enough, I don't binge eat even when I plan to. I was going to destroy this family-sized bag of Takis and this bag of Zapp's Cajun kettle chips and then not eat anything tomorrow, but I just ate a few and now I want to sleep. I still overate, by my definition (for the last couple months I've only been eating once a day to lose weight, usually just one normal sized meal at dinner), but oh well. Maybe I'll dig back into them if I decide to stay awake. Not eating tomorrow should make up for it... I hope.

J

JustAboutDone

Illuminated
Jan 1, 2019
Hi @RottenOdysseus
I saw in your other thread you have trouble with sleeping so I think you might be being really harsh on yourself as there is a correlation between not having enough of the right quality sleep and needing food.

So don't blame yourself and think it's you and your lack of control - it's probably not xxx it's probably to do with the body's way of trying to keep you going with not enough sleep.

I think you said you'd tried Ambien before, have you tried otc anti-histimines? The stuff you take for hayfever in Summer? I don't know what name you would know it as. Some psychiatrists are prescribing it as it's non habit forming and can help sleep. It does help me - though, obviously I know everyone is different xx

Reactions: lululoo and Circles
FTL.Wanderer

FTL.Wanderer

Enlightened
May 31, 2018
I eat a lot tbh. Its slowing down atm a little bit (I'm too depressed to get food a lot) but I still eat a lot compared to everyone else. Its literally my only cope now, its even better than drugs. I want to slow down with the eating more but I have literally no other copes to replace with it. I want to pick up smoking again but without being able to smoke inside its next to impossible to quit binge eating. Drinking is a good cope as well but its expensive and I'm too young to get it on my own (I'm 20), though it still makes you fat ):<. I hate how all the good copes fuck you over in the end.

Hit me up in PM if you'd consider short fasts... I'd love a fasting partner (short fasts though).

Reactions: TheCrow and lululoo
RottenOdysseus

RottenOdysseus

θᾰ́νᾰτος
Feb 25, 2019
Hi @RottenOdysseus
I saw in your other thread you have trouble with sleeping so I think you might be being really harsh on yourself as there is a correlation between not having enough of the right quality sleep and needing food.

So don't blame yourself and think it's you and your lack of control - it's probably not xxx it's probably to do with the body's way of trying to keep you going with not enough sleep.

I think you said you'd tried Ambien before, have you tried otc anti-histimines? The stuff you take for hayfever in Summer? I don't know what name you would know it as. Some psychiatrists are prescribing it as it's non habit forming and can help sleep. It does help me - though, obviously I know everyone is different xx
I never heard of otc anti-histimines but I'll definitely look into it

J

JustAboutDone

Illuminated
Jan 1, 2019
Mine are chlorphenamine 4mg tablets (marketed in the U.K. As "hayleve"

I've also had prochlorperazine an otc anti nausea tablet that makes me go to sleep

I've had the ambiens and be benzodiazepines too but they are ok for 3 days - after that you don't get proper sleep, in in the correct sleep cycles of R.E.M. Sleep etc so your memory gets damaged

Reactions: brighter
RottenOdysseus

RottenOdysseus

θᾰ́νᾰτος
Feb 25, 2019
I've had the ambiens and be benzodiazepines too but they are ok for 3 days - after that you don't get proper sleep, in in the correct sleep cycles of R.E.M. Sleep etc so your memory gets damaged
Oh :( So would that mean I could only take the Ambien like 3 times and then I would have to stop?

J

JustAboutDone

Illuminated
Jan 1, 2019
Oh :( So would that mean I could only take the Ambien like 3 times and then I would have to stop?

They are only recommended for very short term use - they were ideally for if someone had a bereavement and couldn't sleep. Doctors thought they were safer than benzodiazepines but then they realised they were just as bad!

Unfortunately they only really work to give you a few nights "crash out" they do completely damage R.E.M. Sleep. Some people take them for a few years - I think one lady joined this forum recently - and they are horribly damaged :-(

RottenOdysseus

RottenOdysseus

θᾰ́νᾰτος
Feb 25, 2019
They are only recommended for very short term use - they were ideally for if someone had a bereavement and couldn't sleep. Doctors thought they were safer than benzodiazepines but then they realised they were just as bad!

Unfortunately they only really work to give you a few nights "crash out" they do completely damage R.E.M. Sleep. Some people take them for a few years - I think one lady joined this forum recently - and they are horribly damaged :-(
well shit that sucks, though I guess it makes sense if you think about it. I wish sleep was easier. I guess this is just another thing I was cursed with since I've had sleep issues my whole life.

Minudah

Minudah

Stupid
Dec 3, 2018
I have the same problem, but it's been a benefit to me since chronic nausea. I'm also vegan (food reactions + easier to keep kosher) so that helps since meat, eggs, and dairy have a lot of calories. It helps more than people expect to just replace high calorie options with low calorie ones. Buffalo cauliflower wings are better than actual buffalo wings imo. Also there are some really good teas if you go to a tea shop and get the actual tea leaves, some of them taste really good (like a lot of places around me do green tea with berries in or flavor) with xylitol and others with stevia. I think they use freeze dried berries, which are expensive and hard to make yourself but it's possible. The tea still makes a cheap drink. This is why I can't gain weight, I learned to love low-calorie food to keep my food addiction going and now I have chronic nausea

Last edited:
RottenOdysseus

RottenOdysseus

θᾰ́νᾰτος
Feb 25, 2019
I have the same problem, but it's been a benefit to me since chronic nausea. I'm also vegan (food reactions + easier to keep kosher) so that helps since meat, eggs, and dairy have a lot of calories. It helps more than people expect to just replace high calorie options with low calorie ones. Buffalo cauliflower wings are better than actual buffalo wings imo. Also there are some really good teas if you go to a tea shop and get the actual tea leaves, some of them taste really good (like a lot of places around me do green tea with berries in or flavor) with xylitol and others with stevia. I think they use freeze dried berries, which are expensive and hard to make yourself but it's possible. The tea still makes a cheap drink. This is why I can't gain weight, I learned to love low-calorie food to keep my food addiction going and now I have chronic nausea
I once went vegan on accident because my old school had nothing in the dining hall lol. I found it not very fun tbh but it was great with losing weight. I did the opposite of the freshman 15, I lost 15 lbs. Unfortunately I discovered eating at gas stations and gained all that weight back and gained much more when I moved back home.

Reactions: TheCrow
gunsforhands

gunsforhands

lost
Feb 25, 2019
Damn, same.
I got a problem with eating since childhood. I were always havier than the other kids, didn't change til now.
Eating attacks are killing me, I hate it...
Sometimes I get into the complete opposite direction, I eat very low calories, sometimes nothing at all. But that doesn't last long, sadly... It's like a never ending circle, since I'm 15 yo (I'm 19 now)

My psychiatrist prescriped me fluoxetine, it's an antidepressants but it's used to stop eating attacks as well, so I really hope this will help me.

Reactions: lululoo and RottenOdysseus
WhiteRabbit

WhiteRabbit

I'm late, i'm late. For a very important date.
Feb 12, 2019
I've always been a binge eater, but I also do intermittent fasting so I don't get fat. I usually just eat one large meal a day.

Reactions: TheCrow, lululoo and RottenOdysseus
lululoo

lululoo

Mage
Dec 15, 2018
Oh god I could vent about this all day. I usually don't have huge binges, but I consistently overeat and sometimes it is a binge. For me, nothing beats it as a coping mechanism. Nothing I got more pleasure from at this point in my life than eating while browsing the internet, alone. It's very sad. I had my eating more under control for a while (at least during the work week) but now my physical and emotional health have gotten even worse and I just can't control the eating anymore. And it doesn't help that the amount of food at work has exploded. There is always leftover food from meetings. And there is a snack cabinet that is always full with every kind of healthy and unhealthy snack imaginable. I hate it. I'm sitting there exhausted, depressed, and hating my job-- pretty hard to not go for the food.

Reactions: just_nobody, MiserableBastard1995, Dead Meat and 2 others