P

prbreese01

Oct 27, 2021
I sometimes listen to binaural beats but I'm unsure of what I should be trying to tackle first. I can barely get out of bed, bathe myself, I have suicidal thoughts, depression, etc. Which symptom should I focus on first? The major depression? Or the lack of motivation? The frequencies for each are different, so which comes first? Thanks, I need all the help I can get. Tomorrow's my birthday and I'm so alone and hopeless right now.

• Hugs
Reactions: Manaaja and gottago222
gottago222

gottago222

paranoia bae
Dec 21, 2021
i think this one is good to start with its in 432hz works for overall wellbeing. i listen to this when i sleep or after i ate some magical 🍄 ahah

this one is my absolute favourite. it is in 528hz, the love frequency. i may fall asleep to this but i usually use this one when im taking a bath, doing beauty rituals and showing myself some love

you need to listen to them at 20% volume or else it can cause headaches

• Informative
Reactions: Source Energy, Sister of the Moon, Regen and 6 others
S

Smart No More

Visionary
May 5, 2021
When I got sick I tried listening to some of these and I can see how they might be beneficial to some people. I don't think they're something you can rely on as a sole panacea when you're in a particularly bad way though. They tend to be listed for their specific uses on yt as yoy probably know. There are some that yoy can sleep to and I honestly did feel some calming benefit feom that but to very limited degree. It might be a good place to start though. I thinknit was 'healing sleep' but forget the frequency it was. I think you'll have to experiment a bit. If your lack of energy is a result of your depression (which is likely) it may be that you need to find the root of your depression and address that first. Obviously finding the motivation and enrgy for that is a challenge. Such is the cycle of depression. I think you might have to get your foot in where you can and go from there. Do you have people to talk to or professional help?

Hope you find your way through it to a better place. : )

Reactions: Sister of the Moon
P

prbreese01

Oct 27, 2021
When I got sick I tried listening to some of these and I can see how they might be beneficial to some people. I don't think they're something you can rely on as a sole panacea when you're in a particularly bad way though. They tend to be listed for their specific uses on yt as yoy probably know. There are some that yoy can sleep to and I honestly did feel some calming benefit feom that but to very limited degree. It might be a good place to start though. I thinknit was 'healing sleep' but forget the frequency it was. I think you'll have to experiment a bit. If your lack of energy is a result of your depression (which is likely) it may be that you need to find the root of your depression and address that first. Obviously finding the motivation and enrgy for that is a challenge. Such is the cycle of depression. I think you might have to get your foot in where you can and go from there. Do you have people to talk to or professional help?

Hope you find your way through it to a better place. : )
I am completely alone. I have a psychiatrist but out chats are only about the medication that I'm on. Maybe I should just finally give up. I don't think I can be helped.

• Aww..
S

Smart No More

Visionary
May 5, 2021
Are there any community resources near you where you might find support? I know that takes some effort but if you search it online you'll probably find the info easily enough and you could get involved with people that way. There are things like that around. Like woodwork lessons for deppressed people or craft of some kind. I think in places like that you stand a better chance of finding a genuinely sympathetic ear and from thete doors can be opened.

If your psychiatrist isn't supporting you maybe it's also worth considering a change if that's possible.

In some parts of the world they prescribe fishing to depressed people. As you're diagnosed you could probably visit your general practitioner and ask for some kind of alternative therapies like that. It depends on what appeals to you and how your finances are suited to it I guess. Depends where you live too. I've seen a lot of people swear by fishing for their depression though so it must work for some. It's relatively inexpensive and mighr be a good way to find people to chat with and befriend.

It must be horrible having nobody ro lean on. I know it feels like everything is too much work and hope isn't even really in your remit at the moment but just a small amount of well directed work now might pay off in a big way in just a short while from now. I don't mean to patronise you either as I'm sure you're not stupid and have probably tried a few things already. I just really hope for you and eish I could say some magic words to flip things the right way up suddenly. The best I have is those suggestions. I thibk community workers do represent a higher probability of finding someone decent to offer you help than the medical system alone. They're usually still people that haven't been desensitised and lost their bedside manner. It has to be worth a try. If it doesn't work out you've lost nothing. Go in with medium hopes and low expectations and anything above is a bonus right? Best wishes!

Reactions: prbreese01
P

prbreese01

Oct 27, 2021
i think this one is good to start with its in 432hz works for overall wellbeing. i listen to this when i sleep or after i ate some magical 🍄 ahah

this one is my absolute favourite. it is in 528hz, the love frequency. i may fall asleep to this but i usually use this one when im taking a bath, doing beauty rituals and showing myself some love

you need to listen to them at 20% volume or else it can cause headaches

Thank you so much. I need all the help that I can get. This is such a lonely journey.
Are there any community resources near you where you might find support? I know that takes some effort but if you search it online you'll probably find the info easily enough and you could get involved with people that way. There are things like that around. Like woodwork lessons for deppressed people or craft of some kind. I think in places like that you stand a better chance of finding a genuinely sympathetic ear and from thete doors can be opened.

If your psychiatrist isn't supporting you maybe it's also worth considering a change if that's possible.

In some parts of the world they prescribe fishing to depressed people. As you're diagnosed you could probably visit your general practitioner and ask for some kind of alternative therapies like that. It depends on what appeals to you and how your finances are suited to it I guess. Depends where you live too. I've seen a lot of people swear by fishing for their depression though so it must work for some. It's relatively inexpensive and mighr be a good way to find people to chat with and befriend.

It must be horrible having nobody ro lean on. I know it feels like everything is too much work and hope isn't even really in your remit at the moment but just a small amount of well directed work now might pay off in a big way in just a short while from now. I don't mean to patronise you either as I'm sure you're not stupid and have probably tried a few things already. I just really hope for you and eish I could say some magic words to flip things the right way up suddenly. The best I have is those suggestions. I thibk community workers do represent a higher probability of finding someone decent to offer you help than the medical system alone. They're usually still people that haven't been desensitised and lost their bedside manner. It has to be worth a try. If it doesn't work out you've lost nothing. Go in with medium hopes and low expectations and anything above is a bonus right? Best wishes!
Thank you for your suggestions. I'm in the process of trying to see if I can be approved for an alternative therapy. Hopefully this new psychiatric group can give me some relief.

Last edited:
E

eyesoftheabyss

Jul 10, 2021
i like to fall asleep to these! inspiro music is a good channel with black screens so the light doesn't disrupt your sleep. i think it does help me sleep a little more peacefully

Ethereal Knight

Ethereal Knight

Seja um bom soldado, morra onde você caiu.
Jan 10, 2022
preferes in binaural beats are highly personal. do many tests to see what you enjoy.
I use 4Hz binaural for napping after lunch, 3,7Hz for doing housetasks more quickly, and 6-8Hz for paying attention or studying.
my "siestas" (naps after lunch) are really delicious, I don't sleep, but I relax a lot with eyes closed lied in the dark. these 4Hz binaural really help.
I use an open-source android app from the f-droid store: https://f-droid.org/en/packages/com.github.axet.binauralbeats/
but the official playstore also has a version of it: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.ihunda.android.binauralbeat

• Informative
Reactions: Regen
katara

katara

tired all the time
Mar 17, 2022
I'm glad someone made a thread about this because I always wondered if these work for regular people and if I should have them on as background noise. I still don't really understand how tf they work. I'd consider having them on for hours at a time if I knew they'd actually help me. I deal with dissociation, i just don't understand the frequencies. There's sites that try to explain it but I still don't really get it 🤔

• Hugs
Reactions: Sister of the Moon, prbreese01 and Myforevercharlie
Myforevercharlie

Myforevercharlie

Global Mod
Feb 13, 2020
Might I suggest you look up Jason Stephenson? He helps me a lot. On Spotify/ YouTube/InsightTimer he has a lot of guided meditations as well as binaural beats.

He posted a part explaining them...I'll look them up

• Informative
Reactions: prbreese01 and Regen
Sister of the Moon

Sister of the Moon

Student
Dec 17, 2021
There are lots of good ones on YouTube. I fall asleep to them and have definitely found them to be beneficial. Minds in Unison is a good channel, they have hours long rain sounds or relaxing music, for specific purposes like relieving anxiety, helping with self-love etc.

• Informative
Reactions: prbreese01 and Regen
O

ohyouknowme

Dec 21, 2022
if you don't mind doing a bit of setup on a computer, SBaGen is really good

if you write you own, you could use oster's curve for the carrier frequencies

I like <4hz for sleeping, mix theta (say, 5.5hz) and beta (say, 16hz) for focusing.

P

prbreese01

Oct 27, 2021
Thank you for all the suggestions. I actually do feel like it helps. It's definitely not a cure all but it's a great supplement if you're trying to crawl out of the dark hole.

• Love
chicagodollhouse

chicagodollhouse

Dec 31, 2022
I've never tried this before. Maybe it'll help

Sister of the Moon

Sister of the Moon

Student
Dec 17, 2021
Thank you for all the suggestions. I actually do feel like it helps. It's definitely not a cure all but it's a great supplement if you're trying to crawl out of the dark hole.
Find one that you like the sound of and listen to it for at least a few days to get some benefit from it. I like the rain sounds and some of the soft music but I get annoyed by things like pianos plinking, I find those very offputting. It's down to your own personal taste as to what sounds appealing, and you're right, they are a fantastic supplement.

P

prbreese01

Oct 27, 2021
Thank you for all the suggestions. I actually do feel like it helps. It's definitely not a cure all but it's a great supplement if you're trying to crawl out of the dark hole
I've never tried this before. Maybe it'll help
Try listening to them with headphones on, it's recommended that way. Like I said, it won't fix everything but it's like a little nudge into a new direction. At least that's how I've felt when I listen to the beats. I do need to try and listen to them more often though.

chicagodollhouse

chicagodollhouse

Dec 31, 2022
As long as it's of high quality. I noticed YouTube ASMR has a lot of compy, trolly, interference. It's uncomfortable.
God, morning already. Not another day 😭 🥺🤕
As long as it's of high quality. I noticed YouTube ASMR has a lot of compy, trolly, interference. It's uncomfortable.
Tearing up. 🥺 Can't wait for this to be over.

Last edited:
P

prbreese01

Oct 27, 2021

Tearing up. 🥺 Can't wait for this to be over.
Is there any way I can help? I know that feeling of wanting it to be all over once and for all. I've been there many a times.

Silenos

Silenos

Ṿ̸̄Ọ̶͂Ỉ̶͉D̴̞͝ ̴̲̐A̷̾͜W̷̪͒Ā̵̯I̵͍̅T̵̛͔S̷̗͛
Jul 25, 2020
Silenos

Silenos

Ṿ̸̄Ọ̶͂Ỉ̶͉D̴̞͝ ̴̲̐A̷̾͜W̷̪͒Ā̵̯I̵͍̅T̵̛͔S̷̗͛
Jul 25, 2020
Thanks. I'll definitely check these out. Do you know what the difference is between beats and tones?
"The main difference between the two is that binaural beats use pulsing tones of different frequencies played in each ear, while isochronic tones are steady pulses of a single frequency."

In practical terms, you will always need headphones for binaural beats to work, but you can listen to isochronic tones in whatever way you like.