tiredcatz

tiredcatz

Sep 23, 2024
Looking to see if there are other people on here with BIID ? I'm new here but I figure this space will hopefully not be as judgmental as others. I'm trying to find methods to "accidentally" cause an amputation of my leg. Other forums will not discuss anything further than mentions of the dry ice method which I feel is very difficult to stage as something unintentional. Also, any other BIID sufferers feel free to discuss ur experiences under here, I wanna know if there's more of us. ^^

• Hugs
  • Wow
Reactions: LifeQuitter and v089
v089

v089

love u too, cv
May 9, 2023
Hi, I can't help with the process but I can share some of my experiences with the disorder. I had BIID as a child, it started when I was 6-7 and stopped on its own around the age of 15-16. I also "wanted" to amputate my leg but fortunately never attempted it, maybe except for a few times when I tried to break my bones to make it more "disabled". (Kinda hard thing to do for a kid) I felt like my right leg just didn't belong to my body, it felt wrong to have it. I have never told anyone about my body image issues, not when I was experiencing it, not after it passed, never. I was scared of people thinking of me as an even bigger weirdo than they already do. Good to know I'm not the only one who experienced this.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: tiredcatz