pthnrdnojvsc

pthnrdnojvsc

Extreme Pain is much worse than people know
Aug 12, 2019

This is the same thing the FT26 guys want to get rid of. Basically what it does is that this forum is not responsible for things the users write on it
That's terrible. I never feared the fixthe26 cause they have no power, no reach , are unknown etc.

But this is much different when the higher powers in the U.S. government want to do it : Remove the liability shield for websites . This would allow anyone to sue website owners for content users post on the website.. Another reason to ctb for me. Imo it's ridiculous to hold the website owners responsible for what the users post on the website .

To be able to sue website owners because something some user posts imo would lead to mass censorship or removal of websites. I don't know who would keep a site open when they can be sued this easily. i hope this website sanctioned-suicide.net will stay open . i need it for method info and other reasons.

If they remove the liability shield then people who don't like what is posted on a website could just sue the owners and then what owner can afford to defend against multiple lawsuits or even one?

Pro-lifers could then just sue any website where suicide method information is given or where anyone posts anything that is not pro-life.

Last edited:
  • Aww..
Reactions: estadiare and Un-
S

Someone123

Illuminated
Oct 19, 2021

This is the same thing the FT26 guys want to get rid of. Basically what it does is that this forum is not responsible for things the users write on it
This would wreck sa lot of websites, such as facebook and youtibe and maany others- this seems so unlikely to pass, twitter and so many other top websites would be wrecked that it seems unlikely to overcome all of the opposition to this- this would get appealed to the supreme court and they would likely not let this stand if it is passed.

Reactions: nerve
deleted442

deleted442

Getting closer
Jun 7, 2023
It's a direct threat to freedom of speech and leaning towards communism ideology.

F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
I always wondered why you got that on DVD's that had interviews with the cast- that opinions were of the individuals themselves and not representative of the company. Can't websites just use that disclaimer somewhere?

To an extent I think websites should be resonsible- and they try to be I think. There is usually an option to report things. OBVIOUSLY if some obnoxious dickhead is writting inflammatory stuff, trying to incite violence, spreading illegal material- it's up to the owners of the website to delete that. Still- they can't approve every single post before it goes live. The system kind of has to be like this.

And yeah- it's utterly proposterous to hold one person accountable for another person's views or behaviour. Why? Because they gave them a 'platform'. Mobile phones provide a 'platform' for people to abuse one another. Are you going to try and sue a phone network because someone has used their product to have a nasty conversation?