M

mayHeCurseUsAll

Nov 23, 2019
Sometimes I feel guilty because I know the reason I will leave is mostly out of spite for others. It's very easy for me to see how threads of peoples lives continue and when you can see all the branching points it's not possible to believe people receive different outcomes from life because of their gumption, everything, down to the finest detail is a lottery, and unlike the gambler's fallacy human beings have luck expiration dates, they have sweet spots of time where opportunities present themselves and quality of life can vastly improve if those opportunities are sought after, but of course, then there is uncertainty in how long these sweet spots are for different people, etc, probabilities upon probabilities. Its especially foolish to think that helping others has no cost, and even more foolish to believe in any form of karmic reward system for helping others in some capacity, e.g make a measurable difference in their life/job prospects will ever cycle back and feed into your life in any positive way. The most successful people I know are also the most ruthless with their time, and I'll die having foolishly helped these snakes break out of their own prisons while digging myself deeper into mine.

• Hugs
Reactions: Lupgevif, sorella santini and Weeping Garbage Can