S

sihaam

Oct 10, 2020
does anyone here take beta blockers for anxiety? How do I convince my dr to prescribe it? It will definitely help me with symptoms associated with OD and make the whole process easier. How should I ask my dr to prescribe it?

Reactions: Miss_Takes and Kat!
Mentalmick

Mentalmick

IMHOTEP!!!
Nov 30, 2020
I take propranolol for anxiety. Just mention that you read up about beta blockers and tell them you think you might benefit from taking them.

Reactions: Miss_Takes and Kat!
Meditation guide

Meditation guide

Always was, is, and always shall be.
Jun 22, 2020
does anyone here take beta blockers for anxiety? How do I convince my dr to prescribe it? It will definitely help me with symptoms associated with OD and make the whole process easier. How should I ask my dr to prescribe it?
I was given a 10mg. prescription which does nothing.

A

andme72

Dec 14, 2020
Are you seeing a psychiatrist or primary care doc? Psychiatrists will usually prescribe if a patient has physical manifestations of anxiety (rapid heart rate, sweating, chest pain). Be aware, beta blockers affect your circulatory system/blood pressure so read up on potential side effects. If they go unnoticed or if your doctor puts you on a high dose, over time you could see problems in circulation or chest pain. Definitely don't try to OD with a full bottle of these. Super painful if you survive, in my experience.

Reactions: Miss_Takes and GoneGirl
S

sihaam

Oct 10, 2020
Are you seeing a psychiatrist or primary care doc? Psychiatrists will usually prescribe if a patient has physical manifestations of anxiety (rapid heart rate, sweating, chest pain). Be aware, beta blockers affect your circulatory system/blood pressure so read up on potential side effects. If they go unnoticed or if your doctor puts you on a high dose, over time you could see problems in circulation or chest pain. Definitely don't try to OD with a full bottle of these. Super painful if you survive, in my experience.
I do not intend to OD with it just want to use to manage symptoms of insulin overdose ( sweating, increased heart rate) I also have access to Valium which should help

Reactions: andme72
G

GoneGirl

Student
Dec 15, 2020
I do not intend to OD with it just want to use to manage symptoms of insulin overdose ( sweating, increased heart rate) I also have access to Valium which should help

I got prescribed Beta Blockers for panic attacks. Never took them though (due to health anxiety).

The panic attack symptoms are literally the same as you describe; sweating, heart racing.. also include shaking & feeling dizzy.

They might prescribe them then. Good luck!

Reactions: Miss_Takes