Mx_Pathetic

Mx_Pathetic

Delete
May 8, 2023
Some old childhood family friends have come down from Queensland for awhile and my mum decided to start telling them about the time where I went off on my parents for not picking me up from my friend's house (happened in the past). Now I understand I was ridiculous for acting the way I did and I apologised and what not, so you'd think it would stay in the past. But no, she always tells people about my down times and not good times yknow? I wish I had something to explain these emotional outbursts then atleast I'd have a fucking reason for acting so stupid and then maybe my mum wouldn't repeat it. Idk I just it makes me upset that she's only ever tells people about the bad things I do and never the good things, it's like- is that all I am to her in her eyes.. Because I'm upset and angry from her saying that it's triggered me and now I have the urge to SH. I doubt I'll do anything but the feeling and thoughts still suck yknow. I wanna rip my hair out bro...FUCK

• Hugs
Reactions: Forever Sleep and アホペンギン
avoid

avoid

⦿ ⦿
Jul 31, 2023
Perhaps I state the obvious, but have you talked with your mother about how you feel about her behaviour? Although I have not experienced a situation such as yours, I did confront my mom about some things that she shared with her friends that I didn't want others to know. So I confronted her with how I felt about it and now she's more careful about what she shares about me with others. Now, after our conversation, there have been a few times that my mom explicitly asks if she can tell others what I told her.

The worse case scenario is that you learn more about your mom's character whether it's good or bad. A better case scenario is that you'll see eye to eye better and that your mom will stop mentioning your darker moments of the past.

Mx_Pathetic

Mx_Pathetic

Delete
May 8, 2023
Perhaps I state the obvious, but have you talked with your mother about how you feel about her behaviour? Although I have not experienced a situation such as yours, I did confront my mom about some things that she shared with her friends that I didn't want others to know. So I confronted her with how I felt about it and now she's more careful about what she shares about me with others. Now, after our conversation, there have been a few times that my mom explicitly asks if she can tell others what I told her.

The worse case scenario is that you learn more about your mom's character whether it's good or bad. A better case scenario is that you'll see eye to eye better and that your mom will stop mentioning your darker moments of the past.
Sadly I've spoken to her about this on multiple occasions and she hasn't done anything to change it. She doesn't see it the way I do so to her I'm being "dramatic". The worst part about this is if I were to try bring it up again she would deny the fact that I've previously talked to her about it- she honestly makes me roll my eyes sometimes.