W

wantittoendsoon

Experienced
Dec 11, 2022
I'm trying to find movies to watch and there are not many good new ones. What are the best movies you've seen that were not really popular. here are a couple from me

The Prestige
Teeth (it is a crazy one)
The illusionist
The Score
I'm trying to find movies to watch and there are not many good new ones. What are the best movies you've seen that were not really popular. here are a couple from me

The Prestige
Teeth (it is a crazy one)
The illusionist
The Score

Redd inc (originally "Inhuman Resources")

Reactions: Jarni
Darkover

Darkover

Angelic
Jul 29, 2021
the matrix first one best movie ever
Vanilla Sky
braveheart
titanic
the notebook

W

wantittoendsoon

Experienced
Dec 11, 2022
Very good movies, I'm looking for less mainstream movies...Diamonds in the Rough...but thanks

Reactions: Jarni
W

wantittoendsoon

Experienced
Dec 11, 2022
there you go...saw the mist but I'll check out creep

Reactions: Darkover
newave3

newave3

I want out
Nov 21, 2020
The Edge(1997)
The Pianist(2002)
Boiler Room(2000)
Breakdown(1997)
Rescue Dawn(2006)

Have you seen Carlito's Way, Scent of a Woman, Good Will Hunting or Donnie Brasco?
Everyone of the movies that I listed were great to watch....Enjoy!

Jarni

Jarni

Love is a toothache in the heart. H.Heine
Dec 12, 2020
Spring, Summer, Fall, Winter... and Spring (2003) Kim Ki Duk
Double life of Véronique (1991) Krzysztof Kieślowski
Mr Nobody (2009) Jaco Van Dormael
The brand new testament (2015) Jaco Van Dormael
Tell no one (2006) Guillaume Canet
Three Thousand years of longing (2022)
Where the crawdads sign (2022)
Wrong Side Up (2005) Petr Zelenka
9,99$: Meaning of life (2008)

Last edited:
U

Unending

Enlightened
Nov 5, 2022
Sort of somewhat lesser known horror movie list:

Martyrs (2008)
May (2002)
Excision (2012)
American Mary (2012)
Braindead (1992)

Trigger warning for several things in all films in case anyone would like a warning.

F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
The Machinist (2004)
Memento (2000)
Elephant Song (2014)
1408 (2007)

Dead Ghost

Dead Ghost

Mestre del Temps
May 6, 2022
A couple of days ago I finished Fritz Lang's Metropolis, a restored version that incorporates sequences and frames from a Brazilian copy...that is, in theory it is the most complete version. I had never seen this film before, even though it is very popular, because it is a silent film in black and white from 1927 and I have tried to see several of those years that I left halfway through because they bored me (like Nosferatu or The Charles Chaplin's Gold Rush).. but this one really struck me because of its story, the special/visual effects and the charisma of its characters. I really enjoyed it and it didn't bore me at all.

//

Fa un parell de dies vaig acabar Metropolis de Fritz Lang, una versió restaurada que incorpora seqüències i fotogrames d'una còpia brasilera.. es a dir, que en teoría és la versió més completa. Jo no había vist mai abans aquesta película tot i ser molt popular, doncs és una película muda en blanc i negre del 1927 i n'he intentat veure diverses d'aquells anys que he deixat a mitges perquè m'aborrien (com Nosferatu o The Gold Rush de Charles Chaplin).. però aquesta m'ha impactat molt per la seva història, els efectes especials/visuals i el carisma dels seus personatges. L'he gaudit molt i no m'ha aborrit gens.

Kattt

Kattt

Ancient of Mu-Mu
May 18, 2021
Recently, I caught a film I remember from back in the 1980s. When I tell you the plot follows the experiences of a couple who are dying from radiation sickness following a nuclear strike, you would be forgiven for imagining it as somewhat morose. But the beautiful animation by Raymond Briggs and the innocence they project result in a feature ahead of its time.