W

watamote-love

Sep 26, 2024
what are the best ligatures for a total/partial hanging; rope (what type)?belt?.... Thank you for your answer

Worndown

Worndown

Visionary
Mar 21, 2019
I like an overhand loop knot at one end of the rope. If you pass the other end through the loop, you have a good, tightening knot.

Attachments

• overhand_loop_knot.jpg
    overhand_loop_knot.jpg
    54.2 KB · Views: 0
C

ctbsd24

Oct 8, 2024
I like an overhand loop knot at one end of the rope. If you pass the other end through the loop, you have a good, tightening knot.
One of these days I'll figure out what you mean by that lol. I don't know what you mean by passing the other end of the rope through the loop.

T

Tony24

Jun 16, 2024
What's a good knot for an anchor? Would a constrictor knot work?

DeadNotSleeping

DeadNotSleeping

Just an absolute mess.
Oct 7, 2024
What's a good knot for an anchor? Would a constrictor knot work?
Constrictor, clove hitch, double half hitch, icicle hitch, bowline around the object. All would work fine for securing a rope to a post like anchor point.

Reactions: d3j3ct3dl0s3r05 and Tony24
TheBroken

TheBroken

What Really Matters Anymore?
Feb 13, 2022
Many posts state slip knot for partial and hangman's for full.

Worndown

Worndown

Visionary
Mar 21, 2019
Many posts state slip knot for partial and hangman's for full.
Slip knot for both. A hangmans knot was designed for long drop and a gallows. It breaks your neck with that big coil of rope.
One of these days I'll figure out what you mean by that lol. I don't know what you mean by passing the other end of the rope through the loop.
A rope has 2 ends. Tie this simple loop at one end. Feed the othe end through the loop. The rope slides through the loop. It will tighten.

Last edited:
Reactions: TheBroken