U

Ukera666

Jan 11, 2024
Hello,

I hope I am OK to post this.

I want to be specifically clear - I completely agree with the right to die in whichever method you choose.

In 2019, my best friend (who I had no idea was considering CTB), took their life in a hotel room. Apparently there had been multiple attempts, such as jumping, etc. which I had no idea of. My other friends did, but it was his choice not to tell me, and I really respect my friends for not telling me as it was his private choice. In my opinion, it's a level of bravery I could never reach.

I am trying to understand the method he used. Apparently he ordered something online to here in the UK. When the police searched his home, they found a second "vial" of something. The biopsy came back inconclusive, however one of our close friends mentioned saltpeter? This is the bit of information I'm missing that may be give me closure.

From reading this forum, I believe he may have been a member here previously and ordered SN. I refuse to violate his privacy and dig through posts from around that time, but I just wanted to reach out to this community.

I miss my friend so much and really just wished he opened up. He was the life and soul of every party - but his life was his and I respect is decision.

The first night we met, we did so much ketamine that we kept introductiong ourselves to eachother over and over, it's such a fond memory of mine. We hung out daily from then, smoking weed on a hill by the sea and just chatting .Fast forward a decade and he's no longer here. I re-read the news article about him regularly.

Maybe I'm ready to join him? This reality is hell. I hate my job. I love my girlfriend so much. I love my family.

But this isn't what I thought life would be like at this age.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: rozeske, annointed_towers, Ninja_Master and 3 others
P

Praestat_Mori

Mori praestat, quam haec pati!
May 21, 2023
Welcome to the community!

I'm sorry for your loss. It's often difficult to understand someone's decision to CTB but they had their personal unsolvable problems, obviously. I hope they have found peace.

Reactions: ropearoundatree
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
Rest in peace. At least those who are gone are now free from all suffering.

Reactions: SMmetalhead36, Ukera666 and Whiston72
U

Ukera666

Jan 11, 2024
Apprntly = nt fatal - h/ prbbly tk smethng els
I know he had access to ketamine and various other drugs, but I doubt anything hard like opiates. Potentially benzos.

Is there a link anywhere on this forum to read up about PN?

Dot

Dot

Info abt typng styl on prfle.
Sep 26, 2021
I know he had access to ketamine and various other drugs, but I doubt anything hard like opiates. Potentially benzos.

Is there a link anywhere on this forum to read up about PN?

Ket wld prbbly shw in autpsy - SN = pssblty as am nt sre whthr tht wll shw up

SN = nt knwn t/ b painfl

Wdym PN - r u refrrng t/ Philp Nitschke

U

Ukera666

Jan 11, 2024
Ket wld prbbly shw in autpsy - SN = pssblty as am nt sre whthr tht wll shw up

SN = nt knwn t/ b painfl

Wdym PN - r u refrrng t/ Philp Nitschke
Yeah the family asked for a biopsy, but didn't show anything apparently. They then went ahead with the funeral, so I'm not sure how to get closure,

When referring to PN, I'm rferring to this:

Apologies if it's the wrong ancronym, as you can tell I'm new to this. I'm also sorry if I'm causing any confusion with my questions.

He died alone in a hotel room and I just wish I could have been there for him.

Dot

Dot

Info abt typng styl on prfle.
Sep 26, 2021
Yeah the family asked for a biopsy, but didn't show anything apparently. They then went ahead with the funeral, so I'm not sure how to get closure,

When referring to PN, I'm rferring to this:

Apologies if it's the wrong ancronym, as you can tell I'm new to this. I'm also sorry if I'm causing any confusion with my questions.

He died alone in a hotel room and I just wish I could have been there for him.

= ok - hpe cn undrstnd typng ok

D/ nt persnlly hve knwldge of tht substnce - = nt recgnisd as lethl s/ u wld gt mre info on tht substnce frm googl

A substnce whch = usd mre commnly frm membrs = SN whch = Sdium Ntrite

Pretty Life

Pretty Life

Dec 3, 2018
I know how you feel. My dad hung himself in a hotel room a few months ago. I wish i were there for him. Even though we didn't get along well, I miss him very much 😢.

• Aww..
Reactions: LoiteringClouds
U

Ukera666

Jan 11, 2024
I know how you feel. My dad hung himself in a hotel room a few months ago. I wish i were there for him. Even though we didn't get along well, I miss him very much 😢.
I am so sorry you had to experience that.

I'm here if you ever want to talk.

Reactions: Pretty Life
LaVieEnRose

LaVieEnRose

Angelic
Jul 23, 2022
I'm sorry for your loss.

It's possible he used SN. If it is a question of a toxic salt connected to this forum then that's usually it. It was already disseminated as a viable method back in 2019 on this forum though it was still under the radar in medical and forensic spaces (not the case nowadays). Maybe that's why it wasn't determined to be the COD though it's an obvious death so maybe it's not a question of SN. I don't know.

Why do you think he chose to confide in other friends but not you? Did he think you'd be more inclined to stop him? I have friends who are accepting but also friends I wouldn't utter a word to about this for that reason.

If you know his account I'm not sure that looking through his posts would constitute violating his privacy. It's a public forum after all. I'm sure he would want you to feel as much closure as possible, closure he was unable to give you in person due to the forced clandestine nature of suicide.

Pretty Life

Pretty Life

Dec 3, 2018
I am so sorry you had to experience that.

I'm here if you ever want to talk.
Appreciate your kindness. I wish he'd left me some last words. I tried to find out about his thoughts, his last moment on his own. He must've been really lonely 😢

R

rozeske

Maybe I am the problem
Dec 2, 2023
Am so sorry for your loss. I can imagine the pain you are going through. Your friend must have loved you somuch that it hurt him to confide in you about his plan. I have a best friend of mine of more than 10 years that I love more than myself (although one would argue I loved myself most when I decide to ctb but that is not the case). I can only imagine the immense grief she would be in. I have not told her about my plans, how do you even tell the person you love the most that you have given up and that you are planning to kys?

It could be easier to confide with people you know would hurt less. It could be why your friend chose to tell your other friends about his attempts and not you. Maybe he couldn't bear the thought of watching what it would do to you. I hope you can forgive him and find closure knowing he may have done it out of love for you.

I wouldn't consider looking at his posts as violating his privacy, you would even be able to see the love and support he got from this community in his last moments. It could also give you the closure you are looking for. I wish you all the best In your journey and I hope you find your peace whatever you decide ❤️