M

mem12

Student
Jun 24, 2020

Woman almost dies using toptical gel, I believe it was benzocaine 20% and she used 1tube of about 5g. Do you think one can die if let says 15g is consumed?

Woman almost dies using toptical gel, I believe it was benzocaine 20% and she used 1tube of about 5g. Do you think one can die if let says 15g is consumed?

Last edited:
A

Aap

Enlightened
Apr 26, 2020
There was a case of a runaway girl who "committed suicide"/was murdered by drinking an alcoholic drink mixed with a ton of a lidocaine containing topical spray. Just because you can doesn't mean you should.

Reactions: Saed and autumnal
autumnal

autumnal

Enlightened
Feb 4, 2020
There was a case of a runaway girl who "committed suicide"/was murdered by drinking an alcoholic drink mixed with a ton of a lidocaine containing topical spray. Just because you can doesn't mean you should.

Doesn't mean you should what? Murder people? Wise advice :blarg:

Thanatonaut

Thanatonaut

My time is coming.
May 17, 2019
I just happened to have a toothache and noticed the warning on the bottle about methemoglobinemia. Figured I'd see if anyone had this idea and I just wanted to throw my $0.02 in here: CTB with SN is an almost certainty. Trying to induce methemoglobinemia with an oral topical anesthetic is almost certainly going to fail. In the past decade, there have only been 119 reports of benzocaine-induced methemoglobinemia and some of those were children, who are more susceptible. Developing methemoglobinemia in this way is going to depend more on your body chemistry than anything, and it seems like it has similar odds to winning the Powerball.