L

LittleJem

Visionary
Jul 3, 2019
Does anyone know about Universal Credit? All this fun stuff....so work is making redundancies in the new year. I'm trying to work out what else I could do - but not sure how many jobs will be out there or what else I'd be good at....So....:

If I get Universal Credit - that is £400 per month. Which needs to cover Council Tax - maybe £200 in a month, then bills - are they £100 in a month? That will leave me £100 for food and everything else. Is that correct? I might (maybe) have my own place to live - but in that case I might have a mortgage which won't be covered by UC at all.

Am I calculating this correctly and is there anything I have missed out? Maybe I can live on £25 a week on food ?! Is that how it works?

I really wish I spent my whole life thinking about money rather than working in the charity sector and squandering everything with no game plan. But here I am!

Thank you all kindly :)

• Hugs
Reactions: GoneGoneGone and Deleted member 1465
Mm80

Mm80

Enlightened
May 15, 2019
Does anyone know about Universal Credit? All this fun stuff....so work is making redundancies in the new year. I'm trying to work out what else I could do - but not sure how many jobs will be out there or what else I'd be good at....So....:

If I get Universal Credit - that is £400 per month. Which needs to cover Council Tax - maybe £200 in a month, then bills - are they £100 in a month? That will leave me £100 for food and everything else. Is that correct? I might (maybe) have my own place to live - but in that case I might have a mortgage which won't be covered by UC at all.

Am I calculating this correctly and is there anything I have missed out? Maybe I can live on £25 a week on food ?! Is that how it works?

I really wish I spent my whole life thinking about money rather than working in the charity sector and squandering everything with no game plan. But here I am!

Thank you all kindly :)
I wont go into too much detail on the thread but i work in that department daily and understand the benefit you are talking about very well. If you need any help feel free to pm me.

Reactions: Deleted member 1465, LittleJem and GoneGoneGone