S

summers

Visionary
Nov 4, 2020
Not sure if this belongs here or Off topic, but...

The atoms that make up our body, especially the lighter ones like H and He have existed for many billions of years. They don't change when we die. Assuming that is true, and assuming the sun will expand to eventually envelop the earth...

There is the slimmest of chances that if your atoms, and the atoms of someone you love are near each other, that when the earth get swallowed by the sun, the lighter atoms that make you both up could potentially fall into the sun's core and fuse together. Thus you and the person you love could make up a new atom that will last basically forever. In this way, you could be together forever - you will still be together when the light from the last stars go out.

I told this to the person who I loved the most intensely in my life. Even after we broke up, I said I still hope this happens. She's religious and said god loves her and would never let that happen :)

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: patheticpartner, Deleted member 24152, Brick In The Wall and 12 others
Deleted member 23586

Deleted member 23586

Hope ur final midnight feels like the hug you need
Nov 8, 2020
This is so prettyful to me. Thank you for sharing this. Makes me feel things and think.

• Love
Reactions: patheticpartner and sadworld
R

Reach

Jun 28, 2020

The atoms that make up our body, especially the lighter ones like H and He have existed for many billions of years. They don't change when we die. Assuming that is true, and assuming the sun will expand to eventually envelop the earth...

There is the slimmest of chances that if your atoms, and the atoms of someone you love are near each other, that when the earth get swallowed by the sun, the lighter atoms that make you both up could potentially fall into the sun's core and fuse together. Thus you and the person you love could make up a new atom that will last basically forever. In this way, you could be together forever - you will still be together when the light from the last stars go out.

I told this to the person who I loved the most intensely in my life. Even after we broke up, I said I still hope this happens. She's religious and said god loves her and would never let that happen :)
If we follow this logic, once we were all the same 'thing'. If we assume before the big bang there was an insanely concentrated 'matter', in an extremely small place, we were very very close to eachother.

Some scientists have the idea that our universe will end with the opposite of the big bang, so we might end up in the same state.

Something more insane: actually nobody physically ever touched eachother. Two atoms will never get close enough to physically touch eachother, thus you actually never 'truly' touched anything in your life if we're talking about two atoms physically touching eachother.

• Love
Reactions: patheticpartner, Lostandlooking, demuic and 1 other person
sadworld

sadworld

existence is a nightmare
Aug 25, 2020
Sounds beautiful to be honest.

• Love
Reactions: patheticpartner, lobster salad and Lostandlooking
StringPuppet

StringPuppet

Lost
Oct 5, 2020
Would I kill the vibe if I say that also means people will get fused with people they hate and be stuck with them forever

• Aww..
Reactions: patheticpartner, Good4Nothing and Lostandlooking
K

Kat!

Elementalist
Sep 30, 2020
Eventually we'll all meet as space dust when the end of time comes it seems.
That's a real nice thing you said :)

• Yay!
Reactions: patheticpartner and Lostandlooking
S

Symbiote

Global Mod
Oct 12, 2020
Gonna be an orgy in the sun for me then. I love a lot of people.

• Yay!
Reactions: patheticpartner and lobster salad
T

TooConscious

Enlightened
Sep 16, 2020
Apparently every atom we're made of comes from the centre of a star.
Its pretty clear when we let our human guard down... We are all one anyway.
However that doesn't stop me hating most people. Especially those who are responsible for our suffering and on top of that make suicide so difficult.

• Love
Reactions: patheticpartner
SuicideBoys93

SuicideBoys93

I am the lord of loneliness.
Feb 10, 2020
My luck, I'll be fused with my ex-wife.

• Aww..
Reactions: patheticpartner, Good4Nothing and Brick In The Wall
S

summers

Visionary
Nov 4, 2020
Apparently every atom we're made of comes from the centre of a star.

I think hydrogen existed before the first stars. From my research, the first stars were entirely H, very bright, hot, and short-lived.

My luck, I'll be fused with my ex-wife.

I'd be cool fusing with my ex. We still love each other and are best friends.

• Hugs
Reactions: patheticpartner and lobster salad
lobster salad

lobster salad

overcooked :(
Aug 27, 2020

This sounds so sweet. I wish I was loved by someone in life.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: patheticpartner and Good4Nothing
S

summers

Visionary
Nov 4, 2020
This sounds so sweet. I wish I was loved by someone in life.

The person I mentioned in my OP was very sick. I'm not religious at all, but she is. I didn't ask god for help, but I told the devil that if she makes it, he can have my soul, and that it wouldn't take too long to get it. She made it through a surgery with less than a 5% success rate and is pretty much 100% now. Even though things didn't work out, I have no regrets if the devil is real, and he collects.

• Love
Reactions: patheticpartner
Brick In The Wall

Brick In The Wall

2M Or Not 2B.
Oct 30, 2019
The iron in our blood comes from dead stars. We will all return to that from which we came from one day.

• Love
Reactions: patheticpartner and Silvermorning