G

Gardener59

Aug 18, 2019
I keep trying to find a reason to enjoy life, keep trying to realize what I have to be thankful for, keep trying to focus on how so many others seem to so heavily rely on me to get them through. But on the inside I am so dead. At the end of the day I lie down and hope strongly that I can go to sleep and never wake up. I have had plenty of suicidal thoughts circle through my mind plenty in my entire life, but the fear of failure and of the beyond both haunt me to the point of never making an attempt. I guess really I long to somehow just end up dying.

Every day I see people die as young as me and even younger (i'm 28), yet I live on. I do have good PHYSICAL health for sure. I work a full time job, have a boyfriend, I exercise, I cook, I clean. On the outside I always keep it altogether and with a smile at that, but there is still always that one missing element in my brain that is not okay with being alive. Like it is such an unending burden to me. I mean I guess my perfectionism doesn't help and it seems the more I try to perfect the more I let people down, and then there's my conflicting moral and spiritual values that are always battling in my mind.

I'm just tired of busting my ass just to remain to be seen as a failure and a disappointment by most. I'm tired of doing so much and not being unappreciated. I'm sick of being taken for granted. And I have been ready to check out for so long. Everyone would move on so smoothly anyway. They just move on to the next person to use up. All but my Mom. She's another reason I keep going too. Everyone else would see themselves as better off.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: ExRN, Journeytoletgo, Huntfish34 and 4 others
meetapple

meetapple

Mage
Jun 3, 2021
I think you hit it right on the head when you said you were a perfectionist. You don't have to be perfect to be lovable. Discard those who expect you to be perfect.
You also have to start living for yourself. Try to find what makes you happy.

Reactions: Gardener59, Someone123 and Zzzzz
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
Falling asleep and never waking is what I would like as well. I know that it is hard to carry on when you are tired of everything, life can be stressful and overwhelming. I'm sorry you are going through this. I wish you the best.

Reactions: Gardener59
Crazy4u

Crazy4u

Enlightened
Sep 29, 2021
Do you feel comfortable sharing why do you want to ctb? If I understand your post, you want to stay alive and find a purpose. do you have passion for anything? any hobbies or interests?

Sorry if my questions are insensitive. I am not so emotional

G

Gardener59

Aug 18, 2019
Sorry for the late reply. Work has been keeping me long hours. But that is one odd thing that I do have actually have so many interest and hobbies. I love working out, being in nature taking hikes and being in and around any body of water, working in the yard etc. But sometimes through it all no matter how much I find joy in those things there is something absent in my brain that inspires me to want to see another day.
Probably a social thing because people really just suck to be honest and it doesn't matter how much you try to do, it's never enough. I know I shouldn't live my life trying to please others but it seems like I am wired to want to serve others but no one cares really.

• Hugs
Reactions: ExRN