j3n4829

j3n4829

hell girl
Nov 4, 2023
whenever i dont study due to a depressive episode timing and be the ONLY one that fails makes me feel like a failure, and everyone making fun of you for it makes it so much worse like what the fuck

• Hugs
Reactions: NeedAnEscape, Immensevoid, MatrixPrisoner and 2 others
OccydePoes

OccydePoes

Global Mod
Feb 13, 2020
Hi! School?
How old are you?

Reactions: ForeverBroken
ForeverBroken

ForeverBroken

Memento mori
Jun 17, 2023
Don't beat yourself up. Shit happens. Not studying is what contributed to your poor grade. You can bounce back from it. Not trying to shift focus to me but let me tell you a part of my story. I was in the lower 25% of my graduating class a million years ago. ( I'm in my 50's) This was all because I hated high school and my parents were having marital problems. Fast forward to this year. I am studying to get a degree in Biochemistry. I just made the Dean's list and Honor Society. My point is don't let some little brats bring you down with their stupid comments. You can do whatever you set your mind to. Don't let it get you down and just try your best next time.

• Hugs
Reactions: OccydePoes
springleaf

springleaf

Nov 12, 2023
i can relate, once i was the only person in my class to not get an A from P.E. at the end of the year, not even because i was objectively the worst at P.E., but because, apparently, i wasn't "enthusiastic enough" -- i was depressed and on the verge of tears almost every class, because my emotions were so fragile, i couldn't handle the least amount of criticism without spiraling -- so, trying to do sport, weak from all the days i could barely get up from my bed, let alone my room, and getting shouted at for not "trying enough" was awful for me, and only made me hate excercise.
is it possible you could maybe talk to someone at your school and try to get some accommodations for your mental health needs? or at least ask your teachers to not publicly disclose your grades?

Reactions: Immensevoid
MatrixPrisoner

MatrixPrisoner

Enlightened
Jul 8, 2023
One of my friends that never cared about school and got bad grades up until graduation went to the army and now owns the #1 CPA firm in the Arlington, VA meto area.

Reactions: ForeverBroken and Immensevoid
I

iwkmlol

Nov 7, 2023
school is my main reason- i failed my senior year, didn't graduate, i haven't told anyone irl. nobody knows

Abyssal

Abyssal

Kill me
Nov 26, 2023
I experienced the same thing before. I was a failure in middle school and high school, but got my shut together in college. Sounds like a happy ending, but in reality I've become a perfectionist that breaks down when I don't get full marks. I don't want to be a failure again, but with every mistake I make I am convinced I never truly improved.

steppenwolf

steppenwolf

Not a student
Oct 25, 2023
School ruined my life. It was exactly like having my wings crudely clipped by a cult of sadists. To hell with school.

Rher

Rher

Nov 22, 2023
I understand how you feel, i'm a complete screw up who isn't as smart as others. I don't even remember how to be a good person anymore or why I even bothered. The expectations, criticism, depression, stress, mocking, suffering, and anguish were just a part of it all. I'm not sure how you feel entirely, but I felt like I was lower than others and that I don't care what happens anymore, thought of running away from it all and just committing suicide countless times. I don't even know why I still try anymore, but i'm going to try again and try to move forward. I hope you can do the same until you ctb or change your mind and find happiness. I can't say how many times I've hated the person I am and how much times I've cursed myself for being alive, constantly regretting things and hoping I don't have to wake up the next morning and deal with the things around me. To be honest, they say that fighting your problems and going head on against them means the end of it; it doesn't mean the end at all.